Orange-Out Against Clemson

logan adams

I hate these type of gimicks.  Just make J-H loud, that's all that matters.  I could careless what color shirt you are wearing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Changing jerseys seems to really hype the players and give them a little edge at the start of the game.  We need every little extra bit  of help we can get.

The orange out refers to what the fans are asked to wear. 

3 hours ago, channonc said:

I hate these type of gimicks.  Just make J-H loud, that's all that matters.  I could careless what color shirt you are wearing.

It could play a role on the players however. From a Clemson player's perspective, seeing the entire stadium as orange could be intimidating. 

Just now, logan adams said:

It could play a role on the players however. From a Clemson player's perspective, seeing the entire stadium as orange could be intimidating. 

Not as intimidating as the noise. We have to be loud. Again, I think this is just fodder to make the fans think they are helping. What we really need if for people to scream loud, especially when we are on D. 

Just now, channonc said:

Not as intimidating as the noise. We have to be loud. Again, I think this is just fodder to make the fans think they are helping. What we really need if for people to scream loud, especially when we are on D. 

I think it also has an effect on the fans as well, just more subtle. The fact that it's an 8PM kickoff helps us out tremendously. I expect this game to be more rowdy than any home game we had last season.

15 minutes ago, logan adams said:

...or familiar.  Ever seen Clemson's stadium when they play? 

Just kidding....Just kidding....

As I recall, the whole "orange" thing was started by CTT due to the fact that up to that time, it seemed Auburn's stadium was always a mish-mosh of different color flannel shirts and camouflage hats.  I don't think the whole Make the Stadium Look as One thing was really a big deal to AU people before that.

I'm assuming he did it for TV to help in recruiting.... Thus why he chose Orange over the more typically accepted primary color of Blue since it showed up better on TV.

Either way, this is not a new thing and honestly, I'm not sure that I've seen the stadium NOT look mostly orange for over 10 years now...except for the "Blue" games...

3 hours ago, channonc said:

Auburn loves the gimmicks, motto's, tag lines, hype video's, big ass scoreboards.  Just embrace it dude.  

Go buy your orange shirt and participate in the "Orange-Out", wear it to "The Jungle", get ready to rock to the "Eye of the Tiger" on Sept 3rd!  It's "A New Day" and we gotta "Earn It" this season and that means the entire "Auburn Family" ......fans/alum included.:wareagle:

32 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Intimidated by their own team color?

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

When you're in an AWAY stadium whose main color is orange, yes it should be intimidating.

I think the whole "stadium intimidating the opposing players" thing is a little overrated.  It's something Hollywood likes to put into movies (see The Program, The Waterboy, Major League, etc.).  It might take a true-freshman, playing his first game, a little aback but all the other players have seen it all before.  ...sorta like the whole "Coach is keeping the starting QB a secret up to game-time so that he can surprise the other head coach (who makes $4 million per year to have his team prepared) crap his pants when the "wrong" QB comes running out to the huddle and then he has to take the WHOLE game-plan back to the drawing board" theory....

My take is that it's not about the opposing team... It's about the HOME team!  I DO feel that it gives the home players a nice sense of pride when they look up at a 80 odd thousand seat stadium all done up just for them.  I do see positives for recruiting as the coaches/hosts can tell the prospect "see, our fans MEAN IT!".  And frankly, like it or not, think it's gimmicky and stupid or love it, either way, I think it just looks plain cool!

What DOES affect the opposing team?  NOISE NOISE and more NOISE!  That and co-eds...

Anyway..that's my 2 cents.

10 minutes ago, logan adams said:

When you're in an AWAY stadium whose main color is orange, yes it should be intimidating.

Exactly. It could even be split 50/50 in terms of fan attendance but since we are at home and everyone will be wearing the same color, unless you are squinting to read what the fan's shirts say, one will assume you are in a 100% AU stadium which, depending on the player's mental toughness, could be intimidating.

We did this against Syracuse in 2001 or 2002 at home when Cadillac had like 700 carries (lol just joking) in our OT win. Everyone was asked to wear orange and Syracuse's mascot is a big citrus orange.

I personally just think that Tiger Rags bought a crap load of orange shirts and the University is trying to help them unload all of them.

18 hours ago, lca408 said:

If I recall correctly, the fans were asked to wear navy and then were given the Orange shakers. The result was, as you said, fantastic. I'd be okay if we did that again cause it did look amazing with the background dark and contrast.

I don't recall the 2013 IB a "True Blue" game or asking the fans to wear navy or blue.

In fact, the crowd was mostly wearing orange, blue and white as usual.

7 hours ago, keesler said:

Exactly. I live 30 minutes from clemson (I never capitalize it ) and the fans, the news and myself are wondering why AU would choose orange out for this game. I think blue is better and couldnt care less what it looks like on TV. I assume the powers that be decided it was best to "hide" any shades on clemson fans in the stands. Be loud at the game, hit Deshaun Watson, get some first downs, play like a team and we can win. Otherwise it will be a long game. 

Heard a rumor that JF3 throws better with an orange background so Gus wanted the crowd to be orange.  Its obviously part of his plan to make JF3 the starter over SW.  Rumor has it that the ground crew is also going to paint the turf orange because Gus believes JF3 runs sub 4.2 on orange turf.  Orange jerseys are also lighter than blue jerseys making Auburn faster. We all know Gus likes to go fast so this is big too.  Finally Gus has petitioned the NCAA to allow Auburn to play with orange balls which are scientifically proven to be easier to catch and harder to intercept.  Gus will make his qb decision based on the NCAA's decision.  If the NCAA declines then SW starts and Auburn wears traditional blue jerseys.

10 hours ago, Builder said:

Exactly. I live 30 minutes from clemson (I never capitalize it ) and the fans, the news and myself are wondering why AU would choose orange out for this game. I think blue is better and couldnt care less what it looks like on TV. I assume the powers that be decided it was best to "hide" any shades on clemson fans in the stands. Be loud at the game, hit Deshaun Watson, get some first downs, play like a team and we can win. Otherwise it will be a long game. 

AMEN!  Deshaun Watson is the type of player that can take the air out of a loud and rowdy AU stadium really quick.  JHS will be electric right up until Watson hits one of those WRs right in the hands, or takes off on a scramble for a first down all by himself.   Just hit him hard and cover those WRs....Get if done Steele!

Good thinking!!

Great Plan!

Dressing our whole stadium up in their team colors should really throw them off!

Maybe we should have a tiger roar for every first down and a canon go off for every time they score.  That would really show 'em!

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Maybe we should have a tiger roar for every first down and a canon go off for every time they score.  That would really show 'em!

Or yell "TD Auburn" every time we score. Worked great the last time it was organized.

i am one of those that do not care for orange being a major color for auburn. how many times have we been voted as having some of the most beautiful jerseys in college football. and no i do not have a link but some should remember this. AND......auburn played bama in the seventies and came out in the second half and we got mauled. now that being said i have  two or three orange t's but it was only because no other colors were available that i could find. and i grew up when the only color of auburn jerseys...other than the old white practice jerseys.......were navy blue. used to have one of the popular auburn fan jerseys that would fade and fans loved them. then we went to tear a ways in navy. yes i am old and will catch hell but i love the traditional auburn jersey with the navy blue and orange and white trim. and if you put orange against say a crimson color is does not stand out much to me. put a navy blue jersey next to those crimson rags and they look classy as you know what.

Archived