AU vs. Clemson Program Cover

Elephant Tipper

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/08/marvel_draws_comic_book_covers.html#incart_river_index

With the college football season just 15 days away, Marvel has decided to get in on the hype.

The Disney-owned company created four comic book covers to promote season-opening games that will be televised on ABC and ESPN networks Sept. 3: Alabama-USC, Auburn-Clemson, Florida-State-Ole Miss, LSU-Wisconsin, Texas-Notre Dame and Oklahoma-Houston. The images were revealed by ESPN on Twitter Friday.

Check out two of the covers below and let us know which one's better in the comment section below.

Auburn-Clemson Marvel cover

Clemson's tiger looks more like a Meerkat than a tiger.

With the way comic books, oh I'm sorry..... Graphic Novels keep changing traditional super heroes and their costumes I'm half surprised they don't have Clemson's tiger wearing a black jersey & Aubie wearing Stormtrooper Armor...

LIke the AU cover....reminds me of the program covers from my time in school.....

16 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Clemson's tiger looks more like a Meerkat than a tiger.

Have you seen Clemson's tiger? The artist was very kind to Clemson imo whether it looks like a meercat or not. Theirs is one ugly tiger mascot.

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Have you seen Clemson's tiger? The artist was very kind to Clemson imo whether it looks like a meercat or not. Theirs is one ugly tiger mascot.

Walks with a swish, and those things they have for eyes - who was in the design room when they thought up that one? Its a Project Runway design gone bad. 

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

LIke the AU cover....reminds me of the program covers from my time in school.....

64, I know the program covers you are talking about. They were the best I have ever seen. I can't remember the artist's name but he died just recently, I remember reading that not too long ago. Not only was his artwork outstanding  but his themes for the programs were extremely clever. I really miss that guy, Wish somebody on here could recall who I am talking about.

15 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

64, I know the program covers you are talking about. They were the best I have ever seen. I can't remember the artist's name but he died just recently, I remember reading that not too long ago. Not only was his artwork outstanding  but his themes for the programs were extremely clever. I really miss that guy, Wish somebody on here could recall who I am talking about.

Here it is....hate to say it but you have to click an al.com..    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/phil_neel_the_man_who_created.html

a typical example...always cute and themed as you recall.  Somewhere in my basement I think I still have some of them.

Thanks for the link 64, that is the first time I have clicked on anything to do with al.com in a long time. Just got tired of the playground pissing contests with the bammers.

I am going to try and find the book with all the artistry. My first year at Auburn was 1957, was known as API back then. WDE!!!

20 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

Thanks for the link 64, that is the first time I have clicked on anything to do with al.com in a long time. Just got tired of the playground pissing contests with the bammers.

I am going to try and find the book with all the artistry. My first year at Auburn was 1957, was known as API back then. WDE!!!

Great....I attended API for one quarter before the change....actually had the option with my class ring to get either API or Auburn U...went ahead and took the AU version but somewhere in my files is paperwork and acceptance from API I think.

PS...as for al.com....just stay away from the comments area...but otherwise they have some worthwhile stuff many days.

15 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

clemson-tigers.jpg

That thing looks like a character from a Stephen King horror novel. Just weird!

Like it should be chasing small children or stealing souls or something.

My 4 yr old granddaughter told her Dad.."That's not a Tiger. That's a Squirrel "!!!

On 8/20/2016 at 9:55 PM, Fricking Ray said:

JBiGGiE does much nicer work. If Todd McFarlane drew that he was using his feet. 

Lol, appreciate the endorsement!

On 8/21/2016 at 8:17 AM, Slammer1 said:

Phil Neel

d93017c187681795fb449558f2f799a0.jpg

Archived