Fall Camp - Saturday Practice Update (8/20/16)

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, EagleFlight34 said:

Good thing I'm a chiseled athlete!

Well, on the Internet anyway.....

Oh, trust me I've worked hard to get my physique.  I do 12 oz curls like nobody's business!

I think the apparel looks and feels fine as long as you try the clothes on before you buy them. Being 6'3' 220, sometimes I have to buy x- large fitted instead of large- loose, and vice versa. 

Which all this means is that I will never will buy apparel online.

3 hours ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Offensive Tackles: I worry about these two and consider them to be the weak link on the offense Front. I think the middle of the line is pretty solid. Any idea how this position is coming around?

Like the player's attitudes. Like a lot.

Golson's natural position is left tackle.  That is where he played as a freshman for Ole Miss.  That is where he is comfortable and has said it in his interview.  Leff has played games for us last year and held up well when Coleman went down last year.  The only worry with him is he is switching from left to right tackle.  That can be a problem as you have to train your body that everyone is coming off of your right side now, not your left.   But I still feel really good about this line.  Even the tight ends and H-Backs are going to be better in blocking with Harris and Cox. Cox will absolutely destroy people.

Backups are pretty solid as well in Horton and James.   If we keep them healthy like in 2013 expect big things from these guys.  

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I think the apparel looks and feels fine as long as you try the clothes on before you buy them. Being 6'3' 220, sometimes I have to buy x- large fitted instead of large- loose, and vice versa. 

Which all this means is that I will never will buy apparel online.

Are these measurable kinda like the auburn football roster?  When you say 6'3" 220#, do you really mean 5'11" and 260#

im kidding, I'm kidding!

53 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Golson's natural position is left tackle.  That is where he played as a freshman for Ole Miss.  That is where he is comfortable and has said it in his interview.  Leff has played games for us last year and held up well when Coleman went down last year.  The only worry with him is he is switching from left to right tackle.  That can be a problem as you have to train your body that everyone is coming off of your right side now, not your left.   But I still feel really good about this line.  Even the tight ends and H-Backs are going to be better in blocking with Harris and Cox. Cox will absolutely destroy people.

Backups are pretty solid as well in Horton and James.   If we keep them healthy like in 2013 expect big things from these guys.  

If I'm not mistaken, Golson played mostlu guard and right tackle at Ole Miss. Tunsil was their LT. You're right tho that Golson is most comfortable at LT.

23 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Are these measurable kinda like the auburn football roster?  When you say 6'3" 220#, do you really mean 5'11" and 260#

im kidding, I'm kidding!

Lol

Give or take a couple pounds and the measurements are on point. 

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

If I'm not mistaken, Golson played mostlu guard and right tackle at Ole Miss. Tunsil was their LT. You're right tho that Golson is most comfortable at LT.

You could be right but I thought Golson played that position the year before Tunsil arrived?

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

You could be right but I thought Golson played that position the year before Tunsil arrived?

They were both in the '13 class.

8 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Usually it is about the Jimmies and the Joes and X's and O's. Talent and execution.

AU had the 6th most-talented team in the nation last year.

Just to pile on...when AU first went to Under Armor....that visor was the pinnacle of headwear.  $26, but through 100's of rounds of golf in the AL sun, never showed fading.  Now you can only buy a visor where the sides basically cover the whole head.  It's like a reverse yamaka.

18 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, trust me I've worked hard to get my physique.  I do 12 oz curls like nobody's business!

My 12 oz curls have been working I have better then a 6 Pack I have a Keg.

Archived