Marshall Taylor Arrives on Campus

abw0004

Marshall Taylor arrived on campus as of Sunday night, August 21st.  My question to everyone is, will this matter for the Clemson game?  With 12 days to go before the season opener, Marshall will not be allowed to practice in full pads until after his first four practices.  So in essence, he will not suit up until next week (game week).  Do you think his experience being a graduate transfer will come into play where he can back up the starting corners with Dean out?  Or has his prolonged absence have hindered his ability to help at least for the first few games?  I do not believe he has practiced in full pads with Auburn yet, and I hope he knows the schemes already with his time away from the team.  Thoughts?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad he's arrived but gotta wonder if this delay was for physical reasons....or disciplinary?    

If he has been hurt in such a way that he could not do any type of pre-season conditioning, it's hard to see him playing...but guess you never can tell....12 days is a pretty long time.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Glad he's arrived but gotta wonder if this delay was for physical reasons....or disciplinary?    

If he has been hurt in such a way that he could not do any type of pre-season conditioning, it's hard to see him playing...but guess you never can tell....12 days is a pretty long time.

Think the only thing that was really hurt was his "feelings". 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

interesting...I've had my feeling hurt and did not take me 2 weeks to get over it.   Gotta be more than that or Gus would have probably told him to "man up and get  your butt out here".    Whatever is going on likely had Gus's approval.

8 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

He was injured at the party with Javon. Per al.com. 

I recall that news item...but no details about "injured" as opposed to being hurt in which case he should been at practice before now.

So guess sooner or later we will find out if he was hurt or injured...though maybe his feelings were injured. :-\

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I recall that news item...but no details about "injured" as opposed to being hurt in which case he should been at practice before now.

So guess sooner or later we will find out if he was hurt or injured...though maybe his feelings were injured. :-\

Got his tail whipped at the party. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So I understand...but lately Gus has taken a harder line on fighting and off-campus hi-jinks

12 minutes ago, CCslim said:

he has missed 18 practices, thats alot of ground to make up. Im happy with Davis and Davis. I wish Dinson was healthier

I am happy with both of them as well, but they will need a breather during the game so I did not know that was when he would step in.  I swear I saw Denson practicing in one of the recap videos.  It made me do a double-take because I didn't think he was ready.  But he played well for us last year.  Did he change his number, or did I in fact see him?

I gotta think the kid has missed too much time to play against Clemson.  It would be different if he was a returning veteran of a system he had played in before now.  I presume he'll get rolled in against Arky State.  Wish we knew exactly what the issue was that kept him out (maybe it really was an injury from the party).  If he had come back last week like Gus was expecting, perhaps he'd have a better shot at it, but I just don't see it. 

Even though he has "experience", like it's been said before, he has missed 18 days of practice. How much work out time has he put in? How much film time has he put in? If this week is the first time he hits the weight room and the film room, I don't care how much game time experience he has, he is learning a new defense and has never defended against the caliber of players he is going to see I the SEC!  Even if he has been working out and watching film he still is not prepared for SEC speed and athleticism. 

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am happy with both of them as well, but they will need a breather during the game so I did not know that was when he would step in.  I swear I saw Denson practicing in one of the recap videos.  It made me do a double-take because I didn't think he was ready.  But he played well for us last year.  Did he change his number, or did I in fact see him?

Yes he is out there practicing but it was mentioned in one of the interviews he isnt back to he usual form yet. 

54 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You know that almost happen to me but that's why you have offenive limemen as your best friends

OT:  In HS, our kicker was massive!  Most of our OL wouldn't dare mess with him.  At a party in Auburn, my best friend was approached by the angry ex-boyfriend of the girl he was talking to at the party.  Big Tom (our HS kicker) stepped in and handled the situation.  

Back on Topic:  I'm glad Taylor is finally back with us.  Now it's time to go to work and get ready as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Well if Jovon set up the beat down he took at the party as has been alleged then he has every right for his feelings to be hurt. I'd be pissed beyond belief too.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

^^^Interesting rumor.

If you hear anything that makes it make any sense please let me know. Pm if needed. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

If you hear anything that makes it make any sense please let me know. Pm if needed. 

The word going around when Jovon got the boot was that he and Marshall were on opposite sides of the fight and that Marshall had told Gus that he wasn't coming back if Jovon was still on the team. Other news bits have indicated that there was a girl involved as well. I've yet to hear any details beyond that. Jovon stated that he was being wrongfully blamed for the Marshall fight.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well if Jovon set up the beat down he took at the party as has been alleged then he has every right for his feelings to be hurt. I'd be pissed beyond belief too.

I've heard this also. I will find out the truth eventually. 

Jay Tate just said on the bunker that Taylor had a concussion. 

IF there was a girl involved between the two of them, and Jovon not being the best team player, i can see him setting MT up, and getting his tail whupped.

And if it's not about a suspension, then Marshall HAD to have some type of injury to keep him out of important practices(p.s. remember Dampeer getting his jaw broken by our ex-WR).

They didn't bring him in as a Grad Senior to sit out before the season opener.

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've heard this also. I will find out the truth eventually. 

Jay Tate just said on the bunker that Taylor had a concussion. 

My understanding is that he got 'bounced' or picked up and slammed causing the concussion.

E knows this as a suplex!

I was going to guess concussion. That makes sense as to why the return date was so iffy. If the rumors are true, then Jovon definitely needed to go. I can't imagine being new to the team, coming all the way down south to play, and being set up to take a beating. I am surprised he didn't turn tail and go back home. If it is true, then JR was a really crappy teammate.

Archived