Marshall Taylor Arrives on Campus

abw0004

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although he has played a good deal of ball and is a grad transfer, I can't see him helping out week 1. I do think his experience will get him on the field quicker than others would be in his position. Organized chaos as usual on the Plains. :)

18 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This thread is full of rumor. What about the rules?

I guess that depends on if you consider things written by sports writers on prominent news sites to be rumor.  I've yet to see anyone post something that they just randomly heard. 

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I guess that depends on if you consider things written by sports writers on prominent news sites to be rumor.  I've yet to see anyone post something that they just randomly heard. 

Many of those reports seem to be reaching, but maybe that's all it takes anymore. I guess I just want 'fact' on this guy. Wishful thinking.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Many of those reports seem to be reaching, but maybe that's all it takes anymore. I guess I just want 'fact' on this guy. Wishful thinking.

Yea... "facts" on a college football player are few and far between.  It's like sitting down with a famous person and running down a list of stories that you've read about them.  About 20% are kind of true and about 1% are completely true.  Most of it is because no one really knows and the rest is because the school can't legally say if they wanted to.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've heard this also. I will find out the truth eventually. 

Jay Tate just said on the bunker that Taylor had a concussion. 

Being a guy who grew up in the hood.....sounds more like what people think the hood is like or what you'd see on tv than anything I've ever seen in the real world as far as setting up a fight

But depth is the concern so I think we can get through the first few games because it's the beginning of the season he'd be more needed as we get into this. And that's only if he's actually good. But yeah wish Tim was still here

I also heard it was a concussion and now with the new rules ( even though it was not on a football field) it would require a doctor to sign off before he could returnto practice. Thus the waiting time and the unknown date of return. His experience even on the sideline could go far with younger guys. WDE

10 hours ago, CCslim said:

he has missed 18 practices, thats alot of ground to make up. Im happy with Davis and Davis. I wish Dinson was healthier

I agree.  I would not be surprised if it is a long time before he sees any action because he is so far behind.

wde

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This thread is full of rumor. What about the rules?

LOL, there is rumor in damn near every thread of substance on this forum and the recruiting forum.

wde

14 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I agree.  I would not be surprised if it is a long time before he sees any action because he is so far behind.

wde

Corner is one of the easiest transitions to make from team to team. The techniques are the same, the only differences would be terminology and communication.  Those are easier to pick up.

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

The word going around when Jovon got the boot was that he and Marshall were on opposite sides of the fight and that Marshall had told Gus that he wasn't coming back if Jovon was still on the team. Other news bits have indicated that there was a girl involved as well. I've yet to hear any details beyond that. Jovon stated that he was being wrongfully blamed for the Marshall fight.

everyone is nibbling around the truth but the hammer hasn't found the nail...just put it this way...good riddance Jovon...

4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The only fact I know for sure is that he is on campus of last night with at least one confirmation.  Not much on why he took so long but he is at Auburn now so that is all that matters I suppose.   

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The only fact I know for sure is that he is on campus of last night with at least one confirmation.  Not much on why he took so long but he is at Auburn now so that is all that matters I suppose.   

Exactly. Even if he isn't quite ready to contribute by Week 1, he will be shortly bc of the reasons that bird pointed out. Glad he's back to provide much needed experienced depth since Dean went down.

8 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

everyone is nibbling around the truth but the hammer hasn't found the nail...just put it this way...good riddance Jovon...

Good riddance indeed. 

Very glad Marshall is back. 

As I see it, the team shouldn't need too much depth in game 1 (fresh team after all)...or even 2 for that matter (Arky St.).  But perhaps, by Texas A&M, after 4 weeks of practice, he'll be ready to contribute and then be much needed depth later in the year as the inevitable bumps & bruises start to mount up.

I don't put too much worry into the pre-season practice he's missed.  If he's any good at all, he'll be a welcome addition when he's truly needed.

War Eagle! 

Rumor rules are difficult but are there for a reason.

Maybe it would help to offer this quip that may or may not apply to this situation:

If a player suffers a head injury (not necessarily a loss of conciousness), then the player has to be completely without symptoms (headache, dizziness, nausea, vision change, etc) for AT LEAST 48 hrs before resuming any activity...and must be cleared by the staff before resuming contact.  

In these kinds of cases, the usual hold out period is usually two weeks. There are exceptions but this is the norm for our current staff.

Hope this helps and I'm glad he's back. I look to him contributing soon. We need the depth. 

Does anyone know? I have genuinely been concerned with this. I was hoping for Countess type leadership from this 5th year guy. But if he hasn't been going to class... Its been almost s couple decades since I was in school, but can't you be dropped from missing the 1st day of class? Or does he even have class as a graduate transfer?

If he was on concussion protocol, I would think the absences would be excused (medical) and his professors would have to work with him to get caught up in classes. As a Grad student, I believe you need at least 9 hours of class to be full-time (at least it was like that way back when I was in grad school).

On 8/24/2016 at 11:07 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I mean I know he is a grad transfer but don't they still have class?

Yes but he did not have to start class til this past Tuesday to get credit for this semester.

15 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Does anyone know? I have genuinely been concerned with this. I was hoping for Countess type leadership from this 5th year guy. But if he hasn't been going to class... Its been almost s couple decades since I was in school, but can't you be dropped from missing the 1st day of class? Or does he even have class as a graduate transfer?

1. No unless the student does it & AU never had that policy. 2. Yes

Archived