"The Flush" is back!

RunInRed

This fall, Sani-Freeze ice cream will be served each Saturday home game at the Auburn Alumni Center as part of their Hospitality Tailgate ...

"The Flush" is coming back to #Auburn! (? @dakotawaynephoto)

A photo posted by AUFAMILY (@_aufamily) on

Members of the College of Architecture, Design and Construction, the Hunt family and owners of O-Town Ice Cream cut the ribbon in front of the recreated Sani-Freeze at the Auburn University Alumni Center on Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2016 in Auburn, Ala. Sani-Freeze was considered an Auburn tradition for ice cream, but was closed in 1993. The location will be serving ice cream on home football games.

The Hunts were ausome people!!  Went to church with them and their family when we lived in AU.  

This hits a note of extreme nostalgia for me as I worked one quarter at the "Flush" when I was at AU back in the dark ages. I do not remember exactly what quarter I worked but it somewhere between 1968-1969 and I remember the work was fairly pleasant and appreciated. If I remember correctly, I think we used to prepare the Banana Splits ahead of time, standing the peeled and split bananas vertically in sort of a drink cup to be pulled out of the cooler and completed as ordered. WDE!

Archived