A new sub-topic

LKEEL75

It would be great if we could have a new subtopic under the AU Football Forum for ex-players.  This seems like a logical place for it and an easy location for finding information on these players as they move on with their NFL careers or life after football.  I know that these topics are usually in Non-AU Sports, but really these guys are directly related to the AU Football.  And if someone really wanted to take it to a next level, then being able to go there and see a pinned list of  ex-players currrently on roster for which NFL team.  This could also be a place where people could start a thread on ex-players and find out how they are doing in camps etc.

Sorry, this may not have been the right forum for asking for this, but it seemed logical to me.

Anyway, just a thought/recommendation/request.  

2 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

It would be great if we could have a new subtopic under the AU Football Forum for ex-players.  This seems like a logical place for it and an easy location for finding information on these players as they move on with their NFL careers or life after football.  I know that these topics are usually in Non-AU Sports, but really these guys are directly related to the AU Football.  And if someone really wanted to take it to a next level, then being able to go there and see a pinned list of  ex-players currrently on roster for which NFL team.  This could also be a place where people could start a thread on ex-players and find out how they are doing in camps etc.

Sorry, this may not have been the right forum for asking for this, but it seemed logical to me.

There is wisdom behind how this site handles former players, but what that wisdom is eludes me. 

Edit: Meant to say that I support your suggestion. 

4 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I like it. I seem to recall an old Auburn in the NFL thread (could have been an email), that could be resurrected in there, too, if someone were so inclined and had the time.

I 110 % agree. Ex-Auburn football players deserve to have their recognition and relevance linger on a thread more appropriate for their hard work and accomplishments in Auburn Football. Not on a "catch all" thread like Non-AU sports. 

Maybe it should be a little broader than that. We've got Auburn athletes in the NBA and in the Olympics and in baseball and pro golf. And the ladies as well. Maybe it should be a place for all Auburn athletes who move on to the next level. Yep, that's non-AU sports, but with a difference, in that it is AU athletes. I'd vote for that.

But, where should it be? Not as a sub-thread under football. Probably a separate topic of its own?

Like the idea...for so many reasons...

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Maybe it should be a little broader than that. We've got Auburn athletes in the NBA and in the Olympics and in baseball and pro golf. And the ladies as well. Maybe it should be a place for all Auburn athletes who move on to the next level. Yep, that's non-AU sports, but with a difference, in that it is AU athletes. I'd vote for that.

But, where should it be? Not as a sub-thread under football. Probably a separate topic of its own?

I see what you are saying and agree.  Maybe it should be a sub-topic under each forum.  IE:  AU Football would have sub-topic for ex-football players; AU Basketball would have sub-topic for ex-basketball; etc...  This would divide it up a little better and make it easier to get to the information you wanted.

Of course all that would work until we get another athlete like Bo who is amazing in multiple sports.  JK...  I know there will never be another Bo!  But one can dream!

• 1 month later...

Never got any response from a moderator on this.  Any word if this could be done or not?  Would be great to get news like Nick Marshal being picked up by the Jets, The stud year Sammy is having at the Steelers, the terrible tragedy that is going on with Tre, or even how Cam's concussion protocol is coming.

3 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Never got any response from a moderator on this.  Any word if this could be done or not?  Would be great to get news like Nick Marshal being picked up by the Jets, The stud year Sammy is having at the Steelers, the terrible tragedy that is going on with Tre, or even how Cam's concussion protocol is coming.

Agreed.  You need to ask @RunInRed.  The Mods only have a certain amount of power.

I've brought it up many times and don't recall it ever being addressed by anyone connected to the site. I know others have asked, too. Instead, threads just get quietly bounced to "Non AU Sports" or whatever. It's rather strange. 

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 6:36 PM, AURex said:

Do we really have a player in the NBA right now?

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

Do we really have a player in the NBA right now?

According to quick Google search (link), we have 1: that attended auburn but graduated from FSU:  Toney Douglas

But I do expect a lot more in the future based on the recruits that CBP is bringing in!

Would love an Auburn Alumni where are they now thread... That way we can include special athletes that maybe didn't make it in pro sports. Like Stacy Searels or other people who coach, or just simple info on what happen to people like Will Herring. Any way u get the point.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Plus Steelers which actually is the most imortant thread there.......not that I'm bias or anything

No doubt!

Not even close! 

14 hours ago, RunInRed said:

We've typically used 'Non-AU Sports" Forum to capture such topics as ...

Nick Marshall to the Jets

Sammie and the Steelers

Tre Mason

Yes I know that is what we use that for and I know to go there.  It just feels like we could make a sub-topic under each current main topic for the post-AU life.  It just seems to fit and seems like a lot of people like the idea.  I understand this is all inclusive under 'Non-AU Sports' but actually these guys (and gals) are part of the AU Sports Family.  It feels like non-au people who haven't had anything to do with AU sports should be in 'Non-AU Sports' but those who have been a part of AU should get a more recognition.

Archived