2016 Summer Workouts (VIDEO)

RunInRed

Awesome video.  Truly shows what the players go through.  What's funny is most of the world would see this as punishment but these young men relish it. 

Lots of central nervous system training in the video, I like it.

What's with all the speed training? I thought I read on the board you can't get faster without losing weight? (sarcasm)

Also, Chandler looks so much different from last year.  Ford looks to be in great shape, who was the dude squatting with the dreads at the 6:13 mark?  He made that look easy

Saw this earlier today. Not one person on here can say that these boys didn't put in the work this off season. Love the variations in training that the staff came up with. Also love the agility skills that look to have really helped our secondary to prepare for more man coverage.

They look in great shape. Chandler Cox has gotten bigger. The team is overall bigger. Great job strength staff. They will make some noise this year.

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

What's with all the speed training? I thought I read on the board you can't get faster without losing weight? (sarcasm)

I will never understand why people said that.  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  So I am with you on that.

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

Ford looks to be in great shape, who was the dude squatting with the dreads at the 6:13 mark?  He made that look easy

I believe that was Paul James III, defensive end (listed as a linebacker though) and will wear #10.  He is too skinny to be Markell Boston, #11.

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I believe that was Paul James III, defensive end (listed as a linebacker though) and will wear #10.  He is too skinny to be Markell Boston, #11.

James did say that he and Cowart work out together and he's stronger in legs but Byron was stronger upper body.

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I will never understand why people said that.  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  So I am with you on that.

I think it was just one person, and I'm guessing the why is that they seem to prefer to "open their mouth and remove all doubt" than concede an inch in an argument. 

Some funky looking exercises...I'm sure they all have a purpose and I expect the variations...parachute, etc...help keep it interesting and provide some variety...potential to make it a bit more of a game and not just hard work.

Love the sandbox work at the :30 mark.  As a former sandbox owner, however, I sure hope there aren't any stray cats that hang out near there because if so, the players will, no doubt, find some unfortunate "gifts" in that sandbox in future sandbox workouts.  I presume AU has a huge plastic turtle shaped sandbox cover to keep the cats out of it.

Seriously though, I love seeing the camaraderie in the beginning with the guys cheering as the guy is squatting.  Have seen several of these and it is good to see the guys pumped up like that.     

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Love the sandbox work at the :30 mark.  As a former sandbox owner, however, I sure hope there aren't any stray cats that hang out near there because if so, the players will, no doubt, find some unfortunate "gifts" in that sandbox in future sandbox workouts.  I presume AU has a huge plastic turtle shaped sandbox cover to keep the cats out of it like most folks.    

Haha

Okay, along with Paul James III's smile, I will sheepishly admit I enjoy these videos too. You guys can have cheerleaders AND Tiger Paws, as long as I get the summer workout videos. Deal? :Sing:

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Okay, along with Paul James III's smile, I will sheepishly admit I enjoy these videos too. You guys can have cheerleaders AND Tiger Paws, as long as I get the summer workout videos. Deal? :Sing:

Works for me............oh by the way my workouts consist of

:popcorn::cheers:

Archived