Ncaa talking to Auburn players

aubiefifty

they have a post out on facebook about ole miss. but they "loosely" claim the investigation leads to auburn and miss state. what the article really says is they are interviewing auburn and state players who were recruited by ole miss as well. man i hate this kind of crap. it is very misleading to get clicks i am sure. maybe these guys are better than i might know but i wonder how many people look at the headline and say."yep! auburn and msu in trouble again". in my senior and feeble mind does anyone get what i am saying? and i have copied and pasted the article  heading below....... 

You never want the NCAA sniffing around your door, no matter the circumstances.

safe_image.php?d=AQDZrNbaqr_D--Kd&w=476&

auburn.247sports.com

anyone see what i mean?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Well, it would make me click on it.

You and 100,000 bammers click on the site....mission accomplished....doesn't matter that after reading about 2 paragraphs the suckers realize they've been hoodwinked again by al.com or 247 ...or ESPN.

Frustration with sports or political, so called, medias, is a waste of your time and energy. To get clicks and attention among their core demographic, IS THEIR BUSINESS, not the sports or politics......don't waste your time.

I read an article this AM by Pat Forde for Yahoo that talked about the Ole Miss situation. It basically said that the Ole Miss NCAA investigation is spreading out from just Tunsil. It said the NCAA has spoken to players from AU and MS ST about Ole Miss recruiting. Hopefully this is not good news for Ole Miss. The players have been told they get immunity to speak freely.

Well it is Brandon Marcello after all. He runs the AU 247 site now. He is a master @ click bate titles from his days being the AU beat writer for Al.com & has brought that same title style over.

Sports media is no different than any other media. Mostly a bunch of bs hacks propagating a specfic agenda. It's honestly hard to read anything on the web and take it seriously. So I usually just don't. Not much is trustworthy anymore, but for some reason everyone seems to be ok with it.

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Sports media is no different than any other media. Mostly a bunch of bs hacks propagating a specfic agenda. It's honestly hard to read anything on the web and take it seriously. So I usually just don't. Not much is trustworthy anymore, but for some reason everyone seems to be ok with it.

I'm guessing that's why they no longer call themselves "the press" and go with "the media" now.  "The press" brings to mind facts and reporting.  "The media" brings to mind books, movies, tv shows, etc...

You do have to consider that their job is to get clicks on the site. I don't think it was a jab at auburn or moo st

I canceled my membership when they officially admitted the 24/7 player (recruit) rankings are based on what school a prospect commits to. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm guessing that's why they no longer call themselves "the press" and go with "the media" now.  "The press" brings to mind facts and reporting.  "The media" brings to mind books, movies, tv shows, etc...

They also call themselves experts which is total bunk. Having access to information does not make you an expert.

I go to their site every now and then to see if they have some info this site does not,but they have so many pop-ups it just to slow.So I mostly get my news here.

As I understand it, Shannon Terry (huge $puat fanboy/booster) started Rivals and sold it with a non-compete. Once that expired he started 24/7. There may be a little more to it but basically 2 sites started by a $puat homer.

4 minutes ago, gman87 said:

As I understand it, Shannon Terry (huge $puat fanboy/booster) started Rivals and sold it with a non-compete. Once that expired he started 24/7. There may be a little more to it but basically 2 sites started by a $puat homer.

He sold 247 to CBS. He doesn't own it anymore.

18 minutes ago, yellowfin1345162858 said:

I bailed on them 2 yrs ago. It seemed I was getting just about the same info from AL.com and I don't have to subscribe to it.

team info maybe. Keith kills everybody with recruiting coverage though.

The other rumor concerning this investigation is that a NCAA investigator also talked to Treadwell and he talked.

Since he is a pro now. He had nothing to be worried about.

I don't get it. 

Doesn't the article say that the NCAA is speaking with players from Auburn (and other schools) who were recruited by Ole Miss?  Sounds like to me that this has nothing to do with Auburn and is simply a further investigation into recruiting at Ole Miss.  What am I missing (sorry for the pun') ??.  

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

I don't get it. 

Doesn't the article say that the NCAA is speaking with players from Auburn (and other schools) who were recruited by Ole Miss?  Sounds like to me that this has nothing to do with Auburn and is simply a further investigation into recruiting at Ole Miss.  What am I missing (sorry for the pun') ??.  

That's the whole point. The article's title is misleading in that insinuates that they're investigating Auburn, yet they're not. 

Just more clickbait from 247. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That's the whole point. The article's title insinuates that they're investigating Auburn, yet they're not. 

Just more clickbait from 247. 

Well, aight then but the article says, " the regulatory body has contacted current players at Auburn and Mississippi State to interview them about their recruitment by the Rebels.".  Sound like some folks are little too sensitive. 

3 minutes ago, Shift said:

Well, aight then but the article says, " the regulatory body has contacted current players at Auburn and Mississippi State to interview them about their recruitment by the Rebels.".  Sound like some folks are little too sensitive. 

Yes, I get that. But the problem is with the title of this and many other articles. They're purposefully being vague and/or misleading to get people to click. I just wish they'd save that for Buzzfeed and the other "you won't believe what happened next!" sites. 

Archived