Newbomb

Buy, Sell, Hold  

85 members have voted

1. 1. If 2016 Auburn Football were a stock, right now would you

• Buy more...
    • Sell what I got..
    • Hold what I got..

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Buy but, acknowledge the risk.  Take the profit, or the loss, early (right after the Clemson game) and run.  It's a short-term risk/reward play.

Unranked team kicking off a crazy difficult schedule against the #2 team and the best QB in the country? Questions all over the offense? A defense that hasn't been good since Dubya was in office? The price per share is so low, there's almost no risk...

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Buy but, acknowledge the risk.  Take the profit, or the loss, early (right after the Clemson game) and run.  It's a short-term risk/reward play.

Are we looking at this only for the current season? Like I'd you keep it the whole season, that's it? No carryover? If so I'd still buy. But might be smart to buy after the Clemson game. Maybe not though... 

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Buy low baby!

Exactly!  AU stock is low right now.  It has the chance to increase significantly over the course of the season.  However, a bad September and our stock could plummet.  AU is a risky stock right now.  But risky stocks have the potential for the highest percentage of gains. 

I'm not sure this is the low point. I would be looking to buy for the future but I would wait til mid season to see if I can get a better price.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure this is the low point. I would be looking to buy for the future but I would wait til mid season to see if I can get a better price.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm thinking too. Might need a couple games under our belt, but we could finish very strong, IMO. 

There was so little hype going in, we were a penny stock but Herbie got some folks excited so we are probably in the $1 range right now.  I'll buy a little with cash I can afford to lose.  

24 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Exactly!  AU stock is low right now.  It has the chance to increase significantly over the course of the season.  However, a bad September and our stock could plummet.  AU is a risky stock right now.  But risky stocks have the potential for the highest percentage of gains. 

Yep. September is going to tell us alot about what kind of team we have

Pains me to say it, but I'd sell and hope I miss out on a fortune. IMO a Sean White-led team has a ceiling of 7 wins.

1 hour ago, AUTUmike said:

Pains me to say it, but I'd sell and hope I miss out on a fortune. IMO a Sean White-led team has a ceiling of 7 wins.

It's all good man. I'll buy what you are giving up. Here's the thing though. How much lower will our stock go than where it is right now? Risk reward is heavily in your favor. 

Yes it's low now but could be lower if we start 1-3. Then I'd buy because I'm looking to 2017 w/ a couple of hopeful changes if needed. If we beat Clemson though I'm buying immediately.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes it's low now but could be lower if we start 1-3. Then I'd buy because I'm looking to 2017 w/ a couple of hopeful changes if needed. If we beat Clemson though I'm buying immediately.

Too late then....never make any money buying at the top.....

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ugh. That's disappointing to read that the low point is 5 games in.

My vote is hold but I'll break it down by position group. 

DB sell. A lot of misfortune with this group right now

LB buy. Low cost, high ceiling. 

DL hold. High price. I've bought this stock every year and been disappointed. Hoping this year is different. 

QB buy. Low cost with potential. I personally think SW will do a good job. 

OL hold. Looking for this stock to pay dividends. 

RB sell. Use these funds to buy QB stock. 

WR sell. Hedging QB stock. 

Special Teams sell. High price now. Selling gives me cash to buy a position group that is underrated after the first game. 

On 8/26/2016 at 1:09 PM, IndianTiger said:

Buy buy buy. Low risk

Yep....team is ranked at 33 by consensus...which means the team is projected at about 7-6 or so thus the price is about as low as it will be all season. 

Win a few games and up it will go.  Otherwise, it's like the stock market...people watch it go up for a couple months until it reaches 18500 (beat Clemson, TAMU and  LSU) and then run in a buy it ....which means there is little room for further growth and odds are stronger that the price will drop before the season is over when we hit the road to Uga and bama.  Meanwhile, if we lose a couple of those first games, can't see us dropping any lower.:dunno:

On 8/26/2016 at 8:22 PM, AU64 said:

Too late then....never make any money buying at the top.....

Unless you are being sarcastic, which usually is not the case, you missed my point. No matter what happens this year I think the AU value will be higher in 2017. I would be buying low after a potential 1-3. I would buy immediately if we beat Clemson though and that would not be the top IMO. I would then expect no less than 9 wins & be a stock higher at the end of the season than after the Clemson game.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unless you are being sarcastic, which usually is not the case, you missed my point. No matter what happens this year I think the AU value will be higher in 2017. I would be buying low after a potential 1-3. I would buy immediately if we beat Clemson though and that would not be the top IMO. I would then expect no less than 9 wins & be a stock higher at the end of the season than after the Clemson game.

not being sarcastic...just saying that an AU over Clemson would move the needle on AU nicely.....and a good chance to make some money starting at a low base.   AU's perception among pollsters is about a low as possible considering the talent level, etc.    And using a stock market investment as an analogy....chance to buy very cheap and quickly double your money with an AU win and doubt AU would drop a point unless the team were to stink up the place. ...kinda like the Brexit....bought the day after the event took place because most "experts" considered it a disaster which I disagreed with.....AU's ranking looks the same. 

Sure 2017 might be better but we don't know ...but for investment purposes, I think this team is a good "Buy" ...especially after the lukewarm reception with the QB selection.   Time to buy this team.....now.

well, if i currently own that means i've already taken a loss. may as well hold a little longer and hope to at least break even. for someone looking to invest, i'd wait to buy. Think you can get in at a lower price.

Archived