Rewatching the Auburn-UL game...

Dual-Threat Rigby

Two main takeaways:

This defense definitely had the ability to be a top 20 before Lawson got hurt. They may have faced a young UL offense, but man that doesn't count out what they did. They clamped UL. Clamped them. Unfortunately the rotation was completely thrown off without the defined edge rotation and it just got worse and worse from there due to more injuries

The offensive playcalling was pretty nice. The running backs were about as good as they could. The offensive line could've been better, but they needed time to gel I suppose. Duke and Ricardo did very nice, wish they could've received the ball more. Jeremy had his moments early, I think the first interception did something to him, I don't know, it was a terrible read, but it also looks like it was a designed one read play. He looked down at the receiver since the play began. All assumptions, but aside from the QB, the offense looked pretty nice. 

There were signs across the board outside of one position that we deserved the ranking we received. Unfortunately, at times, as soon as things go really good for Auburn, it seems things go bad just as fast. Here's praying it doesn't happen again.

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Two main takeaways:

This defense definitely had the ability to be a top 20 before Lawson got hurt. They may have faced a young UL offense, but man that doesn't count out what they did. They clamped UL. Clamped them. Unfortunately the rotation was completely thrown off without the defined edge rotation and it just got worse and worse from there due to more injuries

The offensive playcalling was pretty nice. The running backs were about as good as they could. The offensive line could've been better, but they needed time to gel I suppose. Duke and Ricardo did very nice, wish they could've received the ball more. Jeremy had his moments early, I think the first interception did something to him, I don't know, it was a terrible read, but it also looks like it was a designed one read play. He looked down at the receiver since the play began. All assumptions, but aside from the QB, the offense looked pretty nice. 

There were signs across the board outside of one position that we deserved the ranking we received. Unfortunately, at times, as soon as things go really good for Auburn, it seems things go bad just as fast. Here's praying it doesn't happen again.

Accurate depiction. :thumbsup:  Hoping for the very best.

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Two main takeaways:

Let me add that for this offense to be good with SW, the Oline must win its battles. I am not sold he will be the difference that wins games, but given time by the Oline and battles won, he wont necessarily have too. 

My take: normally I don't feel like 1 player can make or break an entire team (or at least one side of the ball).  Heck, AU's offense even did okay in '84 when Bo missed several games....but in watching the defense with CL, then without CL, and then back again?

He stays healthy, I'm convinced that the whole season plays out differently....maybe even the offense.  He seemed THAT contagious.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

My take: normally I don't feel like 1 player can make or break an entire team (or at least one side of the ball).  Heck, AU's offense even did okay in '84 when Bo missed several games....but in watching the defense with CL, then without CL, and then back again?

He stays healthy, I'm convinced that the whole season plays out differently....maybe even the offense.  He seemed THAT contagious.

Yeah he was a one man wrecking crew, but when he went out for breaks, they still kept it up. It's like a certain bit of energy is brought by his ability to contribute on the field. Guy's the biggest example of a leader for Auburn's defense in a good while

Have we "caught" the UL QB YET??? ?

Archived