Tell us how your high school team is doing!

AUDub

"The Southwest Miami Eagles football team lost Friday's home non-conference game against Carol City by a score of 70-3. " I would call that a serious whuppin'! The team is now 4-2 on the season.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2016 at 1:34 PM, augolf1716 said:

70 points dang mercy rule needed

It's in Florida so there is a mercy rule.  It goes into effect once a team has a 35 point lead (and they are in the 2nd half).  If its a 35 (or more) point game at the half, then the clock runs the entire 2nd half with a few exceptions.  1.  Timeouts 2. Injuries, 3. Personal Foul Penalties.     Otherwise, in the 2nd half when the margin is 35 or more the clock will run.  The clock remains a running clock even if the trailing team scores and cuts the lead below 35.  Once its a running clock situation it remains that way. 

On October 10, 2016 at 4:46 PM, WarTiger said:

It's in Florida so there is a mercy rule.  It goes into effect once a team has a 35 point lead (and they are in the 2nd half).  If its a 35 (or more) point game at the half, then the clock runs the entire 2nd half with a few exceptions.  1.  Timeouts 2. Injuries, 3. Personal Foul Penalties.     Otherwise, in the 2nd half when the margin is 35 or more the clock will run.  The clock remains a running clock even if the trailing team scores and cuts the lead below 35.  Once its a running clock situation it remains that way. 

Our youth league has the same rule but it is 24 points. Plus no player who scored a Td can carry the ball as long as the score is a 24 point margin. 

The Southwest Miami High Eagles followed their 70-3 loss to Carol City with a 40-0 win over Coral Reef. The team is now 5-2 on the season. I can't tell from the brief clippings if the team is that inconsistent or if the quality of opposition differs that much.

We demolished Huntsville. 9-0 Next week's game at home against James Clemens is for the region. 

Not my high school, but the game I had 3 weeks ago was a nightmare.  Game ended 40-20 but we had 40 penalties.  We never ran 3 consecutive plays all night without a penalty of some kind.  It was probably the sloppiest game I've ever had to officiate.  Game started at 7:30 and we walked off the field at 10:40.  It was just undisciplined football.

Trussville 9-0 at home against James Clemens for the region. Husky D has held them to -10 in 3 drives. Just had our first big play. Trussville with the ball at the 15.

Trussville with a dramatic win to finish out the season 10-0 and bring home our first region title since '08.

They bottled us up all night. We simply could not run the ball on this team. Turnovers. Untimely penalties. Questionable decisions to go for it on 4th down. Questionable officiating. You name it. But our defense was the stoutest it's been all season.  

We could, however, move it through the air. In spite of 2 picks, Adair finished with 290 yards and 3 TDs. 

Got the ball back at the 23 after forcing a 3 and out, with 2:00 to go, down 20-14 (the score at halftime) and got down to the James Clemens 18 yard line. 1st down with :30 to go, Adair lofts a ball into the back of the endzone, where it is hauled in beautifully by Grayson Cash for the winning TD. 

Nerve wracking but satisfying victory to finish unbeaten. On to the playoffs! 

The replay:

7 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

Somehow the little buggers made it into the Alabama 7A playoff, honestly im glad for them. 

I have no idea how they beat Bob Jones. 

On the play for a TD he was the only WO to go on a true route the rest just went a few yards stopped and turned around. Great finish and a really really good catch.

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

On the play for a TD he was the only WO to go on a true route the rest just went a few yards stopped and turned around. Great finish and a really really good catch.

It was a designed smash route to the field.

20 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I have no idea how they beat Bob Jones. 

Now that they have an explosive offense, they are a threat to win the title. I doubt anyone in region 3 or 4 will be able to beat them, that includes Hoover. 

Tanner (2a #5) on top of East Limestone(5a) 21-7 halftime. 35-14 final. Chad Townsend ( bammer commit) showed that speed tonight. No idea how many yards but he had a lot..

• 2 weeks later...

Trussville wrapping up a thrashing if Oak Mountain. Will play Gadsden City next week at home. Beat them at their house midseason. You coming to town next week, 06? 

5 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Trussville wrapping up a thrashing if Oak Mountain. Will play Gadsden City next week at home. Beat them at their house midseason. You coming to town next week, 06? 

We whooped! We beat Gadsden i think hoover comes to town. Will be there.

On November 4, 2016 at 9:34 PM, weathergeakal said:

We whooped! We beat Gadsden i think hoover comes to town. Will be there.

Noah got his offer from AU today! Momma says he would accept if we offered!

On 11/4/2016 at 9:28 PM, Bigbens42 said:

No, not going.. I have not been to a game this season,. I listened on the radio. I usually go to all the home games but didn't this season. 

Not sure how the game will go, GCHS seems to have found an offense.. though, against bad teams. 

"The Southwest Miami High School football team finished the regular season with a 7-3 record and will play in the first round of playoff games vs. Miami Southridge on Nov. 11."

Afraid I'm going to miss it tonight. Wife and I piled the kids in the car and are driving down to the loveliest village on the plains for the basketball opener. 

5 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Afraid I'm going to miss it tonight. Wife and I piled the kids in the car and are driving down to the loveliest village on the plains for the basketball opener. 

GCHS did it!!! THEY FREAKING WON!!! I got a football game to go to as HOOVER comes to Gadsden! I may dislike GCHS because my school shut down but by God, this is the home team!!...#BeatHoover!!!

It's because I wasn't there. :Sing:

Just glad we made it home. I was dying about the time we hit Sylacauga.

Congrats. Good luck against Hoover. Hate it for my Huskies, but thems the breaks. 

"The Southwest High Eagles lost in the first round of the playoffs 28-0 and finished their season 7-4". The team must have been schizophrenic! Or else all balance has gone out of the Miami area high schools, and these are all big schools in the top classification. Southwest won one game 70-0, another 44-0 and lost one 70-3 and lost another 28-0. Strange.

Archived