First play vs Clemson

StuntMan06

What do you think will be the first play or set of plays we run Saturday?

My guess:

JF3 takes the first snap on a designed run. If he makes a first down he stays on the field until he fails to convert.  On second down Sean white will come out. If the distance is less than 7 yards the next play will be a hand off to Kerryon. Greater than, it will be a pass behind the line off scrimmage. Something easy to get Sean's confidence up. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weagle06 said:

KJ off right guard. 2 yard gain

2nd play?  Bubble screen where WR gets gang-tackled for 1 yd loss.

I would pretty much believe after all the work that went into QB competition you can bet SW will be on the field the first play. My suspicion would be a run play because you don't want to start the season with a negative play. I suspect some type of power play with CC leading KJ maybe with a speed motion in the opposite direction.  WDE

Think of the absolutely lowest risk play you can imagine....and that will be it.  Bird has the best idea so far IMO.

Pettway on the dive for 1 yd.

p

p

Pettway and Cox in backfield, pettway rushes for 6yds, hurry up and run same play for 2yds then A read SW keeps for first down. First down play is Playaction throw for 65yds TD White to Smith.

37 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

2nd play?  Bubble screen where WR gets gang-tackled for 1 yd loss.

3rd & 10.. Statue of Liberty. Sean gets blown up as he turns around after multiple ineffective fakes

I honestly think it will be some sort of deep out or crossing route in the 12-15 yard range followed by a couple of off tackle runs and a quick screen. Idea is to attack all levels of the field. Of course executing the plays is key.

Cox off tackle. 5 yd gain. 

Archived