First play vs Clemson

StuntMan06

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

While I think the dive is the safe bet - Ill go a little crazy and bet on the bubble screen.....

I was a little torn over picking the dive over the bubble screen. :beer2:

I'm hoping to see a little creativity with the play calling this year. We need to play to win against Clemson. If we play vanilla on offense, we will lose. 

We have two powerful guards to pull and a two great H Backs to block we need to be able to run the ball down the opponent throats . Add in short quick passes to keep the defense honest. Biggest advantage this year offense doesn't have to take big chances because I believe we have one of the best defenses in the country. We don't have to go slow so the defense can rest or go for the low percentage deep bombs to try to makeup for points the defense is giving up. The defense this year will give Gus a lot more latitude in how he can run his offense. So I think you will see a different game plan from him. WDE

Flanker Screen for 2 reasons.

1. To give Sean a safe pass early.

2. To see if the defense if overplaying the run.

Fake the dive only to have Sean hide the ball long enough for one of the receivers to get clear (straight out of the 2009 playbook) and then hit him with a perfect pass for a touchdown.

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I was a little torn over picking the dive over the bubble screen. :beer2:

The next time I see a bubble screen with no blockers, I'm taking a dive off a steep cliff.

A.  Set the tone that their defensive ends cant rush the passer at will

B.  Set the tone that our QB will run the ball

C.  AUsome pair of Offensive Guards

A + B + C = Sean White QB Draw for 20 yards

43 minutes ago, War Knight said:

The next time I see a bubble screen with no blockers, I'm taking a dive off a steep cliff.

The bubble screen should only be called in two situations. The first is a pre-snap read when the defense stacks the box and cornerbacks play soft well off the line. The second is as the third option of a triple option off off the inside zone read. Otherwise it rarely works.

Packaged Plays and the Newest Form of Option Football

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

The bubble screen should only be called in two situations. The first is a pre-snap read when the defense stacks the box and cornerbacks play soft well off the line. The second is as the third option of a triple option off off the inside zone read. Otherwise it rarely works.

Packaged Plays and the Newest Form of Option Football

The Auburn version of the bubble screen should only be called in ONE situation.  That would be in all of our nightmares.  Then we should be able to wake up, smile & realize Gus would NEVER be so dumb as to call that play!

I kid...... sorta....

On 8/28/2016 at 0:55 PM, bigbird said:

Pettway runs a buck sweep behind Smith and Kozan 

Make that a soul crushing gain of 15 for Pettway that immediately breaks the will of the Clempson D. 

I actually like the idea of the designed QB draw. I just hope there is not a delayed blitz up the middle. 

Archived