'89 Iron Bowl on SEC Network

AUsince72

For anyone who doesn't already know and might be interested and/or for you AU young'uns who might not have ever witnessed arguably the greatest moment in Auburn football history, SEC Network is showing the '89 IB tonight at 1:00a.m. (midnight CST). Set your DVR's...

Footnote: THIS was defense!!

War Eagle!

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

For anyone who doesn't already know and might be interested and/or for you AU young'uns who might not have ever witnessed arguably the greatest moment in Auburn football history, SEC Network is showing the '89 IB tonight at 1:00a.m. (midnight CST). Set your DVR's...

Footnote: THIS was defense!!

War Eagle!

Yes, but..... watch 1988 (doesn't matter which game) if you want to see the best AU defense in my lifetime. WDE.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Yes, but..... watch 1988 (doesn't matter which game) if you want to see the best AU defense in my lifetime. WDE.

100% agree with you!

Unfortunately only 1 game from that season ever gets replayed on TV.  Blech!

Just now, AUsince72 said:

100% agree with you!

Unfortunately only 1 game from that season ever gets replayed on TV.  Blech!

Man, the UGA game that year was a physical intimidation a--whipping of the highest order. Great stuff. Tim Worley, who was a big man and no slouch, wanted no part of our D after about 2-1/2 quarters, lol.

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, the UGA game that year was a physical intimidation a--whipping of the highest order. Great stuff. Tim Worley, who was a big man and no slouch, wanted no part of our D after about 2-1/2 quarters, lol.

If I'm remembering correctly, Quentin Riggins laid one of the most vicious mask to mask licks on Tim Worley that I've ever seen.  Stood him straight up and made him look to the sky.  MAN, this is firing me up!

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The 1957 defense was the best 28 total points for the year. That an average of 2.8 per game

I can't imagine that kind of D, I must admit. It's mind boggling! I would love to have seen them.

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The 1957 defense was the best 28 total points for the year. That an average of 2.8 per game

I know, but pre-my lifetime:beer2:

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lucky you but I saw it first hand:poke: at least I think I did

Well Golf as you might suspect I did see it first hand. I didn't see the Houston game or the Fla St game. Remember they played both ways back then and the defense held six of the ten games to shutouts and no team scored more than 7 points on them. Pretty amazing if you think about it. You will never see that kind of defense again at that level.

Archived