Colin Kaepernick answers his critics

aujeff11

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Canada doesn't play their national anthem before sporting events.

There is really no reason for us to do so either.  

For those of us who are proud of our country there is.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There is really no reason for us to do so either.  

They do before hockey and MLB games.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Then it's likely league policy.

Nothing like big business wrapping themselves up in the flag.

I just remember because of a couple of times where the sound system went out at a hockey game and the Canadian crowd sang not only "O Canada", but "The Star Spangled Banner" acapella.

41 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well,  then Colin got it right. 

No he did not.

22 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Kneeling on the sideline isn't a lecture, nor in your face.

No but wearing clothes out of uniform that refer to all police as pigs, that is certainly "in yo face." Wearing a shirt that says you identify with a Communist Dictator that has murdered 10Ks of his own people and enslaved the rest, that is okay? That isnt "in yo face.?" A communist dictator that destroyed 100Ks of lives and btw, made himself and his family $100Ms off his enslaved people in the process. Thats who he identifies with?

This is a bogus argument - that unless you get personally involved in ALL injustices, your actions or statements about a particular injustice is somehow invalid.  You can call attention to a specific problem without taking on the entire universe of possible problems.  If I focus on racial reconciliation but don't spend an equal amount of time on reconciliation between the straight and LBGT communities, that doesn't mean my motives for racial reconciliation are somehow to be called into question.  If I express my pro-life beliefs primarily in fixing our adoption processes, that doesn't mean my views on abortion are not genuine if I don't spend an equal amount of time lobbying for Roe V. Wade to be overturned.

Wrong again. I very specifically called out crimes that NFL Players are committing routinely. Dog Fighting Abuse, Domestic Abuse, Drug Abuse are 24/7/365 part of the NFL. Why are we silent about all that? Maybe we should boycott the NFL until they clean up their act? If you are going to call out everyone else for not being perfect citizens, why not start in your own house?

The entire point of protest is that it's not something that happens where no one notices.  MLK and other non-violent civil rights leaders didn't organize sit-ins on the steps of black churches or march through black neighborhoods.  No, they walked into lunch counters and other places of business that refused to serve blacks or segregated them into a back room and planted their butts right on the seats white customers were there to use - right in the middle of a business day.  They marched right up to the capital steps, right down the heart of the white business district on Dexter.  

The Diners, bus boycotts etc were aimed at the very places that were imposing the racism. MLK and others directly confronted those doing the evil. They did so with no weapons and no violence. They didnt engage with those that had little if anything to do with the practice. CK should be financing Lawsuits, investigations, private eyes, etc. Doing real work rather than grandstanding. 

Again, you don't have to agree with their views, but to say that the simple act of kneeling on a sideline like this is somehow a form of protest that's out of bounds is to ignore history and to completely miss the point of what a protest is for.

Never said it was out of bounds. NEVER. I said it was costing the wrong people. Go after the guys doing this and leave the rest of the nation alone. Other than lose his career (he left SF) and piss off a lot of folks werent involved he has actually done very little. Time will judge.

Yeah, it's pissing off the fanbase because they're being unreasonable and obstinant.

No, he is pissing off the fan base because they likely realize that he could have done far more and made far more headway by not pissing off the NFL fans. MLK orchestrated a great movement by taking a stand AND doing things to illustrate his point without pissing off too many people. I wonder where BLM would be if they hadnt started blocking streets and pissing off innocent people. Like more than few people observed, when black folks really needed help a while back from fires, floods, etc BLM was nowhere to be found. Made more than few black folks realize that if it doesnt benefit the hustlers, MAYBE BLACK LIVES DONT MATTER to BLM? 

11 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Kaep's getting black balled, I believe.

I quit professional football fandom several years ago. Watch occasionally. My understanding is not black balled. Just an average QB that no business is willing to pay due to the distraction package. And a boycott maybe

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/naacp-calls-for-total-boycott-of-nfl-until-colin-kaepernick-gets-signed/

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

I live in Canada.  I've heard the national anthem at every sporting event I've been to.

I hate racism and racists. I think almost all of us do. CK has had his Free Speech. No one stopped him. His Free Speech did have consequences. It cost him his sports job. We have seen 5 teams more or less tell CK that he is worth a look, but the media circus costs are too high. He made them too high with his out of the lines behavior in the stadiums and on the field. He left SF without a go to job. That's on him. I dont see where he is really being harmed in all this. He should just move on to the political career that awaits him.

I will add this tho. There are at least 5 or more teams that have far less capable QBs than CK. Sherman is totally correct in that. The Jets alone are a dumpster fire at QB. As bad as it would have been with the media, CK would have at least given them a chance at .500. But the media circus and taking way from the team was judged to be worse by the owners.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I hate racism and racists. I think almost all of us do. CK has had his Free Speech. No one stopped him. His Free Speech did have consequences. It cost him his sports job. We have seen 5 teams more or less tell CK that he is worth a look, but the media circus costs are too high. He made them too high with his out of the lines behavior in the stadiums and on the field. He left SF without a go to job. That's on him. I dont see where he is really being harmed in all this. He should just move on to the political career that awaits him.

I will add this tho. There are at least 5 or more teams that have far less capable QBs than CK. Sherman is totally correct in that. The Jets alone are a dumpster fire at QB. As bad as it would have been with the media, CK would have at least given them a chance at .500. But the media circus and taking way from the team was judged to be worse by the owners.

I agree with this. I believe every citizen of the USA has the right to express their dissatisfaction with peaceful protest. But when you do it over and over again, people get tired of it and you and it becomes grandstanding. He should have done it 1 time and then moved on and he would be in much better standing with all of his peers, and probably still have a job.

15 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

That's not taking into effect his changes as well.

Besides his stances against police, he's also became a vegan and lost a good bit of weight. He's also against changing that. Which anyone with a background in sports will tell you is a negative, if a player needs to put on or lose weight and says "Nah, I'ma do me" it's a minus on them... unless you are Cam, Peyton, Brady, etc.

Dude was a beast at the JH niners-read option. But since then he's been stable/solid at best. But still wants the pay and privileges of being a superstar, it ain't happening.

He exercised his constitutional rights for freedom of speech and expression....he works in the ultimate meritocracy....perform on the field or you're out....he's also understanding accountability and consequence....I wish the guy well...everyone loves a comeback story.  Maybe he can get it together on the field and so he won't be toxic to a locker room or franchise bottom line....God Bless America.  

DH9BZVTXsAAiRyB.jpg

Not saying this is completely true..BUT leaving the 49ers with these stats for your last 2 years was a bad business decision. No one with stats that bad is going anywhere successful. Leaving on your own, WITHOUT HAVING A JOB LINED UP...that is just bad decision making.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:57 PM, Mims44 said:

Besides his stances against police, he's also became a vegan and lost a good bit of weight. He's also against changing that. Which anyone with a background in sports will tell you is a negative, if a player needs to put on or lose weight and says "Nah, I'ma do me" it's a minus on them... unless you are Cam, Peyton, Brady, etc.

I knew he lost too much weight and muscle but I didn't know he became a vegan or his attitude about it. He is making his own bed. That's for sure.

Let's call it what it is. He is a dumpster fire. Let's hope Ricardo and Shon don't follow him into the dumpster.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I knew he lost his too much weight and muscle but I didn't know he became a vegan or his attitude about it. He is making his own bed. That's for sure.

A little known fact; Vegan is a Native American word meaning Bad Hunter.

Archived