Antone Smith

Eagle's Claw

Man... This guy seems to be a serious football player. I wonder if all that remains are negotiations for how many jock straps he's going to juke next year.... I would have to say with great confidence that if we land this kid we're going really be set up for a continuous run for the next 2-3 years...

I have not seen any footage of him but seems as if he is a small quick type of back. A Marshall Faulk type of back which would be a perfect type of back to have in our current offensive sytem.

I wonder if the real bluechippers such as Antone have any negotiation power to try to get gaurunteed playing time or anything of that nature. I mean, the man obviously has the real deal skills and vision and would have to be considered to get some playing time I would think.

Any thoughts... When is he going to declare?

I haven't seen any footage of him play, but I wonder how he would do compared to Carl Stewart or Kenny Irons.

I'd limit any talk of 'negotiations' for any H.S. player looking to sign here a Auburn. It so much more than hints at the image of wrongful doings by the school and the player.

CTT won't even play that game, as we saw how Brandon Jacobs left because he couldn't work his way into enough playing time behind Ronnie and Carnell. If anything, seeing how Ronnie and Carnell were both utilized should give Auburn an advantage to the other schools, because it shows that Auburn is willing to get the best players out on the field, which gets more players off the bench and into the action, which helps the team as a whole.

A Miami fan I know from work is really high on Antone Smith. I hope the kid comes up here, because while Miami lost Frank Gore, Auburn lost 2 great backs. From what I've heard, Antone could be a real game maker that this offense needs.

According to most of the accounts I've read, he's leaning to Miami...but there's still time for some Tubs' magic...and I would never count us out! :)

:au::homer:

I get the feeling that Antone is more like Ernie Sims from a couple of years ago. Dragging along a little string behind him, but he will eventually go elsewhere.

I get the feeling that Antone is more like Ernie Sims from a couple of years ago.  Dragging along a little string behind him, but he will eventually go elsewhere.

140986[/snapback]

I was thinking the exact same thing...

I agree with both of you! Antone to Miami! (I think)

I watched his highlight clips and he remides me a lot of Darren Sproles from Kansas State. He's extremely quick and explosive. Im going to go out on a limb here and say we land him. Combine Tubs great sucess recruiting RB's and the Caddy/Ronnie leaving pitch and I think we got a real good shot.

he is the best high school runningback in the nation....i have seen some footage of this guy and he is the real deal,lucille.......he fits our offense to the letter........this would make the recruiting class of this year a legitimate top 5

The Smith kid will go to miami. Auburn already has GREAT rbs. :au:

I just realized my post got deleted about the business building at Auburn.

Guess people cannot take a joke.

I too think Smith is not coming. Why would he? He has chance to go to Miami. They will always be ranked in top 5 the whole 4 or 5 years he is there. He will get more show time being there also.

As good as Aubrn is and becoming a dynasty Miami is still the big name program.

I think he is just looking for showtime and he can get more at Miami win or lose. If you ever notice Miami players really like showtime and mouthing.

Ray Lewis, Sapp, Winslow Jr, Shockey, and etc.

I do not know much about him but if that is how he is then consider him gone.

Archived