The calm before the storm

RunInRed

Still get a little misty-eyed when I see the ol' Extension in the background. Lived there my first three years and have a lot of fond memories of that place.

17 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Still get a little misty-eyed when I see the ol' Extension in the background. Lived there my first three years and have a lot of fond memories of that place.

I'm impressed... I lasted about 7 months before I needed to get my own place.  Maybe you had better roommates.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I also think the Clemson fans weren't willing to travel for a game that late. Which is good, because we can drown out any noise they try to make.

Could be but Clemson is about the same distance from AU as Mobile and as easy to get to.  JMO but TV is the killer....and the $100 ticket prices and minimum of 2 nights stay at AU motels. As has been discussed many times, a trip to an AU night football game is a major investment. .....priced me out of the market ...that's for sure.

Yeah, that is why we have to drive back 2 1/2 hrs and get home around 3:30 in the morning! Not happy about that, but we didn't want to do the 2 nights. Our daughter and son-in-law moved to Utah this summer and left us without a place to stay. I'm still mad at them. haha

On August 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I know I am in a minority here, but I wish they would just encircle the entire upper deck. Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, and Tennessee all seat over 100k. Georgia and Florida also seat more than JHS. 

I understand we don't have to be like those 100k+ stadiums, but just think about the excitement that 87k fans bring. Just think if we could pack 15k more fans into the stadium... It would truly be a madhouse. 

Like I said I know I'm in the minority. But it just eerks me seeing those schools upgrade their stadiums and going over 100k while we continue to sit under 90k. Think about it. 10k-15k more fans would bring so much more money for the university...

That being said WDE! I can't wait for Saturday!!! 

Amen

Drones have opened up a whole new world of video enjoyment.....loving those slow cruises over the campus and especially the students playing on the lawn.  Great work....and thanks....

That's one of the biggest issues for me - $100 a ticket is a tough pill to swallow, especially after you factor in gas, lodging, meals, etc.

As for me personally, 6 kids, plus the wife and I, plus lodging (although we'll bring the RV) It's easilly a grand to come see a game. That probably explains why I'll likely only make the Alabama A&M game this year....

Archived