Quick glance at Clemson

StatTiger

On 8/29/2016 at 6:07 PM, KerryThachWDE said:

I was listening to XM this morning on the way to work.  Greg McElory said he studied film on Mitch Hyatt and said he really struggled against elite pass rushers.  Said he doesn't think he'll be able to handle a healthy Carl Lawson. 

As an 18 year old charged with defending the blindside of the best QB in college football last year, here's what Hyatt did: against Florida State he graded at 93 percent, against Oklahoma he hit 88 and against Bama he graded at 91. And this Oline is young only in age. Hyatt, Guillermo (the only Sr.) and Crowder started vs. Bama. The other two starters are Fruhmorgen who logged 245 snaps for the season and Hearn who logged 180. Add in Gallman's outstanding pass protection and I think we'll be fine against a very good Auburn line.  

In general, Stat is making lots of sense to me. But one other problem is that Clemson is loaded at receiver. It ain't just Watson. I like our DBs, but nobody matches up well with the balanced playmakers Clemson has.

12 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

In general, Stat is making lots of sense to me. But one other problem is that Clemson is loaded at receiver. It ain't just Watson. I like our DBs, but nobody matches up well with the balanced playmakers Clemson has.

Yep.  I am afraid good defense isn't going to be enough.  We are going to need the offense to score in order to keep pressure on them.  

26 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

If our DL can keep pressure on and contain Watson, those DBs will look a whole lot better

• Like 1