2016 Auburn Soccer

aucanucktiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#13 AU took on #12 Arky on the plains and after a 0-0 halftime score, AU wins 3-2. AU took the lead on a free kick just outside the box, then about 5-6 min later Dodson chips one over the charging keeper to make it 2-0. Minutes later, Arky gets one back on an own goal by AU. Then again, minute later, AU gets a beautiful through ball to Casey Ramsier and she slots one into the left side with 8 min to go. With 2 min to go, Arky heads one in off a free kick to make it 3-2. AU is then able to see out the last 2 min to win their 6th straight. Great game!

It was a fantastic game.  A lot of attacking back and forth.  AU really took control until Ark got that goal.  Then it was a free for all.  That Arky team is good. Their set pieces were tough at the end.  Great win! 

Took my daughter to the game. It was good to see other AU teams there supporting each other. The whole Equestrian team was there, have not head how they did Sat against #1 aTm.

Great game, lots of action, great crowd. Ark had a girl doing front handspring throw in's which got the crowd oh'in and ah'n. All in all a fun time. 

11Auburn leads LSU 1-0 at the half.  The last 15-20 mins was pretty much spent on the attacking third. Ramsier scored the goal on a shot across her body in the far corner of the net.  Great set up attacks this far and winning on the ball.  Nice passes.  It this keeps up,  I expect Auburn to put a couple more scores up. 

I kept checking in too and assumed it was a weather delay. Was hoping to get to watch a good bit of the match.

Looks like they picked it back up and was a little more evenly matched the second half.  LSU had 8 shots to 7 for Auburn when Auburn had a12-5 adv. in 1st half.  We scored in final minute to win 7th straight. No stoppage time in college. Here is the scoring from the game.:

1. 35:56 AU  Casie Ramsier(5) (unassisted) Finish from 14 yards after missed clearance by defense. 

2. 79:49 LSU  Clarke, Summer (3) Baucom, Jorian; Weber, Ellie One-time from layoff by #5. Cross by #23. 

3. 89:07 AU  Casie Ramsier(6) Bri Folds Right-footed finish from through ball by #4. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:35 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Took my daughter to the game. It was good to see other AU teams there supporting each other. The whole Equestrian team was there, have not head how they did Sat against #1 aTm.

Great game, lots of action, great crowd. Ark had a girl doing front handspring throw in's which got the crowd oh'in and ah'n. All in all a fun time. 

Not soccer but Equestrian beat #1 A&M

Watching this team the first 2-3 weeks of the season, I had my concerns about the attack. It's clearly gotten better and AU is playing really well all around. Looking forward to an exciting SEC tournament in a couple of weeks.

But first, AU has a TOUGH road match vs aTm Sunday at 8:00PM CDT. 

aTm'a record isn't a great, but they are usually pretty good. Being out on the road that late will be a real test for AU. Looking forward to that game too. 

Not sure where I got 8:00PM as the start time but I was wrong. It's on now! AU has had the lion's share of the possession to start the game. 

0-0 10'

Dodson plays a perfect ball through to Casey Ramsier who takes a sliding shot that the keeper just gets a touch on. Casey tries to follow up but it's wide. 

0-0 17'

A minute later, heads a corner toward goal but AU is there to head it back out. 

0-0 18'

Now aTm has a free kick just outside the top of the box. But it's into the wall. 

Auburn close again as Casey turns on one 10 yards out but the aTm keeper stretches out and tips it just outside the post. 

0-0 25'

Another shot, another touch by the keeper to keep it out. AU with a ton of possession, but nothing to show for it so far. 

0-0 30'

And one minute later AU gets a free kick from 30 yards out and it hits off the wall and finds the right side of the net! Brooke Ramsier gets the goal and we are tied back up.

1-1 54'

Archived