2016 Auburn Soccer

aucanucktiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sort of this game was truly the defense. As much as AU will miss the Ramsier sisters next year, Kiana Clarke is going to just as big a loss. She is a stellar CB and rarely makes a mistake. She was all over UF on her side, so much that they had to attack the other side to even get to the box. UF was on the front foot for most of the game but that Clarke lead defense only had one moment of weakness. 

18 hours ago, jared52 said:

The sort of this game was truly the defense. As much as AU will miss the Ramsier sisters next year, Kiana Clarke is going to just as big a loss. She is a stellar CB and rarely makes a mistake. She was all over UF on her side, so much that they had to attack the other side to even get to the box. UF was on the front foot for most of the game but that Clarke lead defense only had one moment of weakness. 

Guess that is true but like we have been saying in basketball and baseball...gotta have someone who can score some runs/goals.   Dodson looks good but when the twins leave, a lot of scoring punch leaves with them.

But that's to worry about another day.....just hoping the ladies are ready for USCw.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess that is true but like we have been saying in basketball and baseball...gotta have someone who can score some runs/goals.   Dodson looks good but when the twins leave, a lot of scoring punch leaves with them.

But that's to worry about another day.....just hoping the ladies are ready for USCw.

Not exactly. I expect Bree Folds to provide a lot of that punch next year. Not sure who steps into that other attacking midfield role, but Bree is going to score a lot of goals for AU in her time there.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Not exactly. I expect Bree Folds to provide a lot of that punch next year. Not sure who steps into that other attacking midfield role, but Bree is going to score a lot of goals for AU in her time there.

Good to know....I'm a novice about the team and don't know who are key players for the future...but one of them...Gianna Montini is the great niece of some good friends and she is a great young woman...and doing well at AU....and the main reason I picked up on soccer.   

59 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good to know....I'm a novice about the team and don't know who are key players for the future...but one of them...Gianna Montini is the great niece of some good friends and she is a great young woman...and doing well at AU....and the main reason I picked up on soccer.   

I think she will be a good one as well. Scored a nice header off a corner during the UCONN game.

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

There is talent here and kids coming.  The fact folds took the PK yesterday should tell you a lot what the coaches think of her scoring.  

Leek is a junior (I personally think she is one of the more creative players and might do well at the 10), there are numerous mids that got minutes plus after looking at the roster - some MF that may have redshirted.

the ramsiers have been superb and will be missed.  Just like Clarke took over at CB, someone will take over the 10 and 8.

31 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

There is talent here and kids coming.  The fact folds took the PK yesterday should tell you a lot what the coaches think of her scoring.  

Leek is a junior (I personally think she is one of the more creative players and might do well at the 10), there are numerous mids that got minutes plus after looking at the roster - some MF that may have redshirted.

the ramsiers have been superb and will be missed.  Just like Clarke took over at CB, someone will take over the 10 and 8.

Frankly, I though Leek's play dipped pretty drastically this season compared to last year. She could have a stand out senior year, or she could get passed up by younger players. 

This team seems to switch between technical, possession play and kick/run.  I think hoppa saw the athleticism route as the way to wins and that isn't as much leeks game.  

I thought Fridays game had a nice balance between the 2.  Yesterday was just a gritty, do what it takes performance.  Honestly I'm not enough of a soccer guy to critique yesterday other than they did what it took to win on the backs of some great D.

the UK announcer even made a comment about some of the randomly kicked balls Friday when we could easily have maintained possession.

great wins regardless of my limited insight.  You can't argue with this teams record, wins and "quality" losses.  Hope they avenge one of them this weekend.

Out of town so only followed on Twitter. AU falls 1-0 to USC at their place. Sucks an elite 8 game is on the road and clear across the country. Excellent season for the ladies. Hoopa has AU on the map. 

8 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Anybody know how to get in touch with coaches- friends daughter is freshman, 6-1 goalie, great vertical. 

Call em

the secretary is nice.  If a coach is available they may talk with you.

they have a January camp.  If you want the 9th grader noticed at auburn she needs to be in front of them now.  Gotta go to their camps.  Usually January, June and July.  January is a one day camp.  The others are weekends. 

Auburn will have their classes basically wrapped up the summer BEFORE their junior school year.

Not AU soccer necessarily but USC who put AU out of the tournament is playing WVU for the title tonight. It's 1-0 USC at the half. WVU is the number one team in the country but the game is in San Diego so the crowd is heavily USC. Another interesting note is the ref for this game is the same one who called the AU-Arky SEC tournament game who was beyond awful. 

34 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Didn't we lose to the eventual champion last year as well? 

No, they lost to FSU last year and Penn State won it last year. 

USC wins the Women's College Cup 3-1 over WVU. 

Archived