Malzahn's Weekly Presser - Clemson Game

RunInRed

• Like 2

The disdain Gus has on his face every time James Crepea asks a question is entertaining.  I bet there were hand imprints from where Gus grabbed the podium to try to keep his composure.

• Like 3

got a question folks. now i want to state that i am hard of hearing after playing rock on the weekends. that being said can anyone hear anything any of the reporters are saying? it is very frustrating not to be able to hear the questions. so thanx for giving a written rundown for us old depends types......

Our "experienced" QB is a redshirt Sophomore and only played in seven games last year. I'm going to look at that as a positive thing

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Our "experienced" QB is a redshirt Sophomore and only played in seven games last year. I'm going to look at that as a positive thing

Yeah, he's using that term loosely. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

From a coach's perspective, White is entering his third year in the system at the same position and with some starts under his belt. That's not bad, probably above average.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

From a coach's perspective, White is entering his third year in the system at the same position and with some starts under his belt. That's not bad, probably above average.

Yeah I know where he's coming from.

Just a lot of irony in that statement. 

18 hours ago, autigersj said:

Malzahn quoting coach Dennis Green. They are what we thought they were!

Image result for they are what we thought they were gif

This popped into my head too. Gus trolls his own fanbase with these soundbytes lol. 

11 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Whats yalls feelings on D Coordinator in the booth?  All I can picture is Ellis Johnson now..

I've always thought Ellis and Kevin sounded similar in their interviews. Hope we have different results on the field.

14 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Whats yalls feelings on D Coordinator in the booth?  All I can picture is Ellis Johnson now..

Ellis looked like he could barely stay awake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Chief Chavis sits in the booth. There are others who do it successfully. And I don't think that was a problem with Ellis. He had other problems, some beyond his control. I think too much gets read into the booth thing. Besides, they'll have some very fiery position coaches down there with them. 

Look at the bright side, too- no stupid sideline penalties called on your DC :)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ellis looked like he could barely stay awake. 

Ha yeah.  I guess I just like a coach thats down on the field pumping people up or chewing them out like Muschamp, but thats not for everybody.  I'm sure you can see plays/formations much better from up top though.

I like the DC in the Booth.  Give him the whole field to view and adjust to. They can see coverages and any pregnancy adjustments easier than on the field.  Also, I love Hand being Gus' eyes in the booth.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I like the DC in the Booth.  Give him the whole field to view and adjust to. They can see coverages and any pregnancy adjustments easier than on the field.  Also, I love Hand being Gus' eyes in the booth.

So now we have a new  (to football) problem to worry about? To my thinking the recent national ruckus over bathroom use was enough!

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Chief Chavis sits in the booth. There are others who do it successfully. And I don't think that was a problem with Ellis. He had other problems, some beyond his control. I think too much gets read into the booth thing. Besides, they'll have some very firey position coaches down there with them. 

Look at the bright side, too- no stupid sideline penalties called on your DC :)

Memories...

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1490CFF60E1282532968413782016_4e3d76bb2a5.4.0.8818994317027120199.mp4?versionId=WVmHe0QBMlve_ICOEQTziC37TQ0lsD5n

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I like the DC in the Booth.  Give him the whole field to view and adjust to. They can see coverages and any pregnancy adjustments easier than on the field.  Also, I love Hand being Gus' eyes in the booth.

Does the wife know about this bird?????

2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Ha yeah.  I guess I just like a coach thats down on the field pumping people up or chewing them out like Muschamp, but thats not for everybody.  I'm sure you can see plays/formations much better from up top though.

If I was making the call at Auburn, I'd have T-Will in charge of pumping up the players. and Garner in charge of chewing them out.  I'm good with Steele in the box having a good view of the field.

One thing I will watch for is the pressure we put on Watson this weekend. Everyone touts his passing percentage and I am not taking away from that. If you look at the film you see he buys a lot of time with his legs. Normally if you give a QB 7 or 8 seconds back their a WR will not only get open but usually he will get wide open. When a QB has a WR open by 10 or more yards it is a very simple pass. When QBs have much less time to make thrown you will see their completion rate drop. So we not only have to contain Watson but we have to make him get rid of the ball early. I think you will see a lot of rotation at the DEs as we try to make that happen. I think Coe may be a big surprise this weekend. While he may not be polished I think his quickness and strength of his arms ( probably from wrestling) I think he makes some sacks. WDE

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Does the wife know about this bird?????

Yeah, and what about the part about 'liking the DC in the booth'?  That sounds a little kinky.