I just want to beat Clemson man

Dual-Threat Rigby

I know we've basically been dumped from actual relevance by literal every pundit, and Clemson is probably the best team returning, but I don't care about that. We've had 2 years of being THAT team that's supposed to be winning rings, and we're not doing it. I want to be back in that echelon and stay in that echelon. If we can beat the best, we're on a right path to being the best imo.

43 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

In all seriousness, if we beat Clemson, I see us running the table.

I don't know, we gotta go to Tuscaloosa, plus Athens, its a difficult schedule for a reason. For us to beat Clemson, our receivers would have had to have a big jump, which would answer one of our 3 biggest question marks, and Sean would have to have played great from a passer perspective and did enough mobility wise, which would be another check. So I see where you're coming from. 

54 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know, we gotta go to Tuscaloosa, plus Athens, its a difficult schedule for a reason. For us to beat Clemson, our receivers would have had to have a big jump, which would answer one of our 3 biggest question marks, and Sean would have to have played great from a passer perspective and did enough mobility wise, which would be another check. So I see where you're coming from. 

Unfortunately this is one of those years where we SHOULD beat Thuga and the usual suspects, regardless. However. We have this streak of putting up great years followed by notoriously mediocre seasons. Maybe this is a great year...who knows?

I think we are going to give Clemson all they can handle. Since its home, I think we have a major shot.

The problem about media outlets is that they go on what they see on the surface.  They base it off of what everyone else says.  It's like the stock market.  Once a few people start pulling their money out of a particular stock, there is a huge rush for everyone else to dump it too, without evidence the company will underperform (sorry financial planner in me coming out).  They want a Clemson/Alabama rematch.  

But here is what they don't know.  They don't know how pissed this team is at the world.  They haven't seen a fully prepared and healthy Sean White is at QB.  They probably haven't been in our stadium at night, and what our fan-base is capable of when it comes to making an atmosphere difficult.  Auburn will run right with them, and after the game, everyone will remember why they regretted counting Auburn out in 2004, 2010, and 2013.  Sure we haven't faced Watson before.  But he hasn't met Carl Lawson yet either.

I will be there decked out in orange ready to get that place rockin'.  War Eagle gentlemen.

i want to see clemson leave leave the field rubbing their azz and crying momma........i want to see the skies split saturday night with shug and heisman giving us a double thumbs up. and i want to see the auburn fans crying with joy because we are loyal by gawd and we deserve a huge win!you are damn straight i love my tigers! NEVER doubt that!!!

I want to beat Clemson man too.  He thinks he's some kind of super hero and it's annoying as hell!

;)

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

The problem about media outlets is that they go on what they see on the surface.  They base it off of what everyone else says.  It's like the stock market.  Once a few people start pulling their money out of a particular stock, there is a huge rush for everyone else to dump it too, without evidence the company will underperform (sorry financial planner in me coming out).  They want a Clemson/Alabama rematch.  

But here is what they don't know.  They don't know how pissed this team is at the world.  They haven't seen a fully prepared and healthy Sean White is at QB.  They probably haven't been in our stadium at night, and what our fan-base is capable of when it comes to making an atmosphere difficult.  Auburn will run right with them, and after the game, everyone will remember why they regretted counting Auburn out in 2004, 2010, and 2013.  Sure we haven't faced Watson before.  But he hasn't met Carl Lawson yet either.

I will be there decked out in orange ready to get that place rockin'.  War Eagle gentlemen.

I love it all. I think we last played them in Auburn in 2010 under the lights...Is that right?

I think we have a great chance. We have our best D line in a while. That will make a huge difference with Watson. If we can contain him we have a great chance. I like the Sean White choice. I hope the receivers catch the ball. I think we'll see Franklin at Wildcat.

I want to beat them because I am sick of everyone at work telling me how bad Auburn is going to be, on the daily. But like I told them, if we have another down year I will still be at every game because I love Auburn. 

I just really want a good season for our guys. Last year was hard for us fans, I imagine it was much worse for them. 

Eek - I have goosebumps! Hurry up Saturday!!!!

9 hours ago, FistyMcBeefpunch said:

My brain tells me not to bet against Clemson, but I just kinda feel something inside like we'll surprise everyone and win.

It's your gut, never bet against your gut.

Clemson has 4 returning starters on defense.  Make that 3 because their defensive end got hurt.  Their returning D tackle stud broke a bone in his hand.  They have four freshman starting.  3 of 4 new faces in the secondary.  Think they have some questions themselves?  I know AU has many questions on both sides of the ball, but I think the coronation of Clemson is far from assured, ESPECIALLY this early in the season. 

I realize Watson is a stud, but look at his stats on the season last year, especially earlier in the season.  He didn't pass for more than 300 yards something like 9 of their games, and he didn't run for more than 100 yards in 10 of their games.  Everybody saw what the kid is capable of in the Bama game, but remember how long he had to prepare for that game? 

They barely beat Louisville (a team AU also beat), they barely beat ND, had a TD or so win over UNC, beat stinking South Carolina by 5.....  I just think this "CLEMSON IS CLEARLY gonna be the national champeen!" talk is a little premature.  AU has NOTHING to lose in this game while Clemson has EVERYTHING to lose.  Who knows if Gus can get this team on the right track, but the more I read about Clemson, the less I think them to be unbeatable.  Can't wait to tee this thing up and see if AU can shock the football world. 

I've seen Auburn do some crazy things in Jordan Hare stadium. 06 FL, 13 Alabama, 04 LSU. Sat night will be no different. We're gonna win this dang game. I don't care if you're the best QB on the best team in the country. When you play Auburn at 8pm in Jordan-Hare Stadium, on week one, things are gonna be tough for you.

We win by 12. Our defense plays lights out. J Hosley gets 2 picks, one for a pick 6. Our d - line is in Watson grill all night with at least 5 sacks and 10 hurries. Our lbs play sound fundamental football, no mistakes, great reads and form tackling. The o-line protects and run blocks like a well oiled machine allowing Sean White to get a rhythm and put the ball on target so the receivers can make plays. KJ & Pettway see the correct holes and average 4+ yards per carry and Martin blows up  for over 100 yards. We win 35-23! War Eagle! ! 

Archived