Jump to content


Null



Dansby and Tubs


Recommended Posts





2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Loved both of those guys. Great picture and quote. I also had no idea that Karlos was a 186 lb. wide receiver in high school!!

Both sides of the ball at Woodlawn. Saw him play. Freakishly good then.

Started at safety for us before moving to LB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

it makes me sad to think about the days of coach tubs and compare them to what i have witnessed the last two years, and i see no reason to think it won't be 3 years after saturday night....yeah, i am pissing and moaning again, but it just gripes me to no end to know that any thoughts of a having a decent season are not based in reality

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

it makes me sad to think about the days of coach tubs and compare them to what i have witnessed the last two years, and i see no reason to think it won't be 3 years after saturday night....yeah, i am pissing and moaning again, but it just gripes me to no end to know that any thoughts of a having a decent season are not based in reality

You must have a selective memory of the Tubs years.  If you like losing to an unranked Arkansas team every year, then I guess it's OK to miss Tubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

You must have a selective memory of the Tubs years.  If you like losing to an unranked Arkansas team every year, then I guess it's OK to miss Tubs.

People need to stop responding to Tom, or at least stop quoting him when they do, so those of us who had hidden that dark cloud from our lives don't need to unnecessarily see his baseless moaning.

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tombigbeetiger said:

no, its not selective memory....under tubs, i knew that we had a chance to win against anybody.....now, its not like that, and you know it

 

Tubs played the underdog better than any coach I remember and had a remarkable record against top 10 opponents.  But he never could put it all together for a full season (minus 2004 when AU got screwed).  I am glad he was here because he put AU football back on the right track.  He was a stand-up guy who seemed to run a clean, disciplined program.  However, by 2008, it was time for him to move on and I bet even he would say that.

Spurrier said after he retired last year that 10 years or so is about all any one coach needs at one program in today's game.  Tubs was at AU for 10 years, so I think we got about the best we were going to get from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

it makes me sad to think about the days of coach tubs and compare them to what i have witnessed the last two years, and i see no reason to think it won't be 3 years after saturday night....yeah, i am pissing and moaning again, but it just gripes me to no end to know that any thoughts of a having a decent season are not based in reality

I'll respond to you buddy....I'll give you the sympathy that you so desperately are looking for.... I'll be a shoulder for you.  I HATE it for you that football sucks so much.  I really do....seriously!!!  I have been there with you a few times even...

Since I was born (in the "Amazins'" year of 1972) Auburn has had 9 (count them......NINE whole losing seasons).  That's 9 seasons out of 44-1/2 years!!!!  That's freakin' AWFUL!!!!!

Dude.... I try to not call people out....   but you need a new hobby.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I enjoy how KD referred to himself as legendary. No lack of confidence with him. :)

Well.....when you are, you are!  HAHA!!!

Loves me some KD back in the day!

Watch the INT against LSU in 2003 (I think it was)...thing of beauty!!
Honestly, that game was a "preview" of the 2004 season if you watch the whole game.

KD was THA' MAN!!!

 

Edited by AUsince72
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I enjoy how KD referred to himself as legendary. No lack of confidence with him. :)

Dansby is legend.  I'll never forget after the bad start in 2003, Tubbs called in Dansby's dad to do the pre-game speech.  He spoke about Joshua and the Wall at Jerico.  Then Karlos proceeded to do 7 laps around the field before the game.  Auburn went on to destroy Vandy and win the next 4 games, including knocking off two teams ranked 7th in the nation.  That was the beginning of the development of the 2004 Auburn Tigers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'll respond to you buddy....I'll give you the sympathy that you so desperately are looking for.... I'll be a shoulder for you.  I HATE it for you that football sucks so much.  I really do....seriously!!!  I have been there with you a few times even...

Since I was born (in the "Amazins'" year of 1972) Auburn has had 9 (count them......NINE whole losing seasons).  That's 9 seasons out of 44-1/2 years!!!!  That's freakin' AWFUL!!!!!

Dude.... I try to not call people out....   but you need a new hobby.

lol...you were BORN in 1972!...wow, congratulations....see, in 1972, i was cheering on a couple of my friends, bob and bill newton...you might have heard a little something about them in your vast experience  of AU football....another of my friends graduated the year before, harry unger....since you weren't even born in 1971, he might be an unknown to you, even with all of your great knowledge of all things AU.........hey, mr. expert, i almost forgot, do you know who leads the alltime career interception category?....i doubt that you do, but i used to play with him when we were kids, see, his aunt was my next door neighbor....his name was buddy mcclinton.....so dude, it is obvious that i have forgotten more AU football than you will ever know....now take your juvenile BS and go play with it on the highway....i can't help but laugh at you....lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

lol...you were BORN in 1972!...wow, congratulations....see, in 1972, i was cheering on a couple of my friends, bob and bill newton...you might have heard a little something about them in your vast experience  of AU football....another of my friends graduated the year before, harry unger....since you weren't even born in 1971, he might be an unknown to you, even with all of your great knowledge of all things AU.........hey, mr. expert, i almost forgot, do you know who leads the alltime career interception category?....i doubt that you do, but i used to play with him when we were kids, see, his aunt was my next door neighbor....his name was buddy mcclinton.....so dude, it is obvious that i have forgotten more AU football than you will ever know....now take your juvenile BS and go play with it on the highway....i can't help but laugh at you....lol

Expert?  pfffttt!!!  Nope...not me!  Just loves me some AU football!

But I did give you the courtesy of reading all 6 sentences that you wrote in reply and here's what I got out of it...

You're older than me and you're unhappy. :no:

I'm sorry buddy!  War Eagle to you anyway!  I hope Auburn wins one JUST FOR YOU!!!

Edited by AUsince72
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

lol...you were BORN in 1972!...wow, congratulations....see, in 1972, i was cheering on a couple of my friends, bob and bill newton...you might have heard a little something about them in your vast experience  of AU football....another of my friends graduated the year before, harry unger....since you weren't even born in 1971, he might be an unknown to you, even with all of your great knowledge of all things AU.........hey, mr. expert, i almost forgot, do you know who leads the alltime career interception category?....i doubt that you do, but i used to play with him when we were kids, see, his aunt was my next door neighbor....his name was buddy mcclinton.....so dude, it is obvious that i have forgotten more AU football than you will ever know....now take your juvenile BS and go play with it on the highway....i can't help but laugh at you....lol

I knew those guys you mentioned, helped Harry Unger castrate a pig in an Animal Science class. Plus Tucker Fredrickson, Jimmy Sidle, Jerry Popwell and so forth before them. After all that's said and done, I'm in the corner with AUsince72 on this question. If you are so down on Auburn, why not root for Livingston State (UWA)?. They are in your neck of the woods and you can make much of the Auburn fan base happy by switching allegiance. The UWA folks might not like you being their new best fan, but we'll be happier.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you are right.....i am unhappy with the direction of the football program and i have no reason to expect improvement as long as the situation remains as it is....now, i am happy with what i am seeing out of the basketball program....i am happy with what i see out of the softball program......competent, experienced coaches know how to build and maintain a competitive program......JSU and kentucky should have beat our butts last year....if aTm had not imploded and became a dumpster fire at the time we played them, they would have outscored us by a large margin.....it was tough enough to beat them as it was.....that would have been a 3 win season, and deservedly so......yeah, we were close against arky,and moo state, and played tough against georgia,bammer,and ole miss....if you will go back and watch those 5 games, malzahns playcalling and decision making had a lot to do with losing them...so yeah, i am unhappy with the football program and its present downward trend

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

you are right.....i am unhappy with the direction of the football program and i have no reason to expect improvement as long as the situation remains as it is....now, i am happy with what i am seeing out of the basketball program....i am happy with what i see out of the softball program......competent, experienced coaches know how to build and maintain a competitive program......JSU and kentucky should have beat our butts last year....if aTm had not imploded and became a dumpster fire at the time we played them, they would have outscored us by a large margin.....it was tough enough to beat them as it was.....that would have been a 3 win season, and deservedly so......yeah, we were close against arky,and moo state, and played tough against georgia,bammer,and ole miss....if you will go back and watch those 5 games, malzahns playcalling and decision making had a lot to do with losing them...so yeah, i am unhappy with the football program and its present downward trend

That's nonsense. Here's a tip: Coaches call plays that they hope will work in the context of what players they have available. A coach cannot be expected to call a play that doesn't fit his personnel.

You play the 'what if' game to get us down to three wins. I can play it to get us up to 10 wins. We won seven and barring a series of injuries will win more than that this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's nonsense. Here's a tip: Coaches call plays that they hope will work in the context of what players they have available. A coach cannot be expected to call a play that doesn't fit his personnel.

You play the 'what if' game to get us down to three wins. I can play it to get us up to 10 wins. We won seven and barring a series of injuries will win more than that this year.

i hope you're right mikey, but be cautious about your expectations......if you expect 10 wins, please keep your wallet in your pocket ......i see 5 wins, maybe

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

you are right.....i am unhappy with the direction of the football program and i have no reason to expect improvement as long as the situation remains as it is....now, i am happy with what i am seeing out of the basketball program....i am happy with what i see out of the softball program......competent, experienced coaches know how to build and maintain a competitive program......JSU and kentucky should have beat our butts last year....if aTm had not imploded and became a dumpster fire at the time we played them, they would have outscored us by a large margin.....it was tough enough to beat them as it was.....that would have been a 3 win season, and deservedly so......yeah, we were close against arky,and moo state, and played tough against georgia,bammer,and ole miss....if you will go back and watch those 5 games, malzahns playcalling and decision making had a lot to do with losing them...so yeah, i am unhappy with the football program and its present downward trend

I'll betcha the basketball and softball forums would LOVE for you to post there often and spread your rays of sunshine.  Please do!

I'm serious man.  I have a big heart, I do!  I HATE seeing you so unhappy... 

Tell ya' what...  If you promise to have a more optimistic outlook, here before the season has even begun....  then I promise that if Auburn sucks throughout the entire year, as you are predicting, I'll toss some crow on the grill, add some buffalo sauce and bleu-cheese and invite you over for crow wings and beer.

How 'bout it??

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...