World Cup 2018

AUDub

Qualifying resumes tomorrow against St. Vincent and the Grenadines, who we have crushed in our previous meeting and should crush again, followed by current group leader Trinidad & Tobago Tuesday. Will be interesting to see how we do without Dempsey. Would love to see some good play from Wood and Altidore up front. Be nice to win the group and get hot going into the hexagonal.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, don't get me wrong.  I want us in it.  I just love everything about the WC!  Premier sporting event of the world.  

I hope wood plays and has his previous form.  Altidore probably won't play full games due to his injury recovery.  I actually haven't even looked at the roster yet.  I know jones and Dempsey are out so there should be some opportunities to be had.  Home some of the young guns step up.

11 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I hope wood plays and has his previous form.  Altidore probably won't play full games due to his injury recovery.  I actually haven't even looked at the roster yet.  I know jones and Dempsey are out so there should be some opportunities to be had.  Home some of the young guns step up.

Altidore has been in fine form for Toronto FC so the injury is likely a thing of the past. Wood scored the goal of the week in his Bundesliga debut for Hamburg SV so he remains in good form too. And yeah, hopefully we get a healthy dose of Nagbe, Pulisic and the other youngsters this afternoon and Tuesday.

There are high expectations for Wood. Scored the most goals ever by an American last season in the history of the two top flights in Germany, and he's expected to continue getting better.

3-0 USA at the tail end of the first half with goals coming from Wood 28', Besler 32' and Jozy from the spot 43'. Yedlin booked in the 13th.

The lineup that started.

5 Matt Besler  32'

2 DeAndre Yedlin  13'

7 Bobby Wood  28'

17 Jozy Altidore  43'

Lineup for tonight is:

Howard

Cameron-Birnbaum-Gonzalez-Johnson

Bedoya-Kljestan-Bradley-Pulisic

Altidore-Wood

I like it. Pulisic starting!

Pulisic puts our first shot in a goal in the 9th from the top of the 18, forcing a tough save. T&T had one in the 7th saved easily. Our passing has not been crisp. 

Bobby has been invisible insofar. In his defense, both teams looking a bit stale. 0-0 22nd minute.

Cameron fouled right inside the box. Ref gives it just outside at the corner on the right. Can't blame him. Easy when you have replay.

Pulisic pings one off the right post on a shot from the left. No knowing how it stayed out.

Pulisic plays a cross in that is cleared poorly off some nice passing from Fabian Johnson and Sasha Kljestan. Falls to Kljestan. Kljestan puts it in the bottom right corner from the spot. 1-0 44th minute 

45+1 Pulisic wins a corner. Comes to nothing and it's halftime. We turned it up late in the half and had some good chances. Sasha Kljestan has been a man on fire.

Archived