World Cup 2018

AUDub

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

A result needed in getting a point.  My man of match other than Bradley was Cameron.  He played outstanding on disrupting Mexico chances late. 

Had some downright glorious tackles after the half. 

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've come a long way. I remember when a point at Azteca was a pipe dream. Only a matter of time before we beat them convincingly down there. 

A really good game by the whole squad.  Some specific good and bad by players but all in all a solid game across the board.  One of the best games by Bradley in a while - mostly in his defensive role

The Bradley-Acosta pairing is something I'd like to see more of in the future. Acosta taking some of the load off allowed Bradley to have an excellent game. 

Awesome.  Need some youth at goalie.  I just don't have confidence in our starter against Mexico. 

On June 11, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Bigbens42 said:

Gold Cup is next month. Wonder how Bruce will treat it?

Looks like very few of our first teamers will be receiving the call. I understand the reasoning behind this and also agree with it but, at the same time, it means that this tournament is going to be a bit of a bore.

You'll have Mexico and the US playing B or C quality players because of most of our players playing in Europe and most of Mexico's A team going to the Confederations cup. Then you'll have minnows from the carribean along side mid-level sides like Panama playing likely their A team.

Hope we find a couple of diamonds in the rough for the rest of qualifying.

• 2 months later...

US down 0-1 to Costa Rica. 73'. Need a result for sure being a home game. Several good chances but can't punch in a rebound. 

Ref has not given us the calls on pull downs. Several takedowns in the box have been no calls. 

Turnover and breakaway puts costa up 2-0. That's disappointing. 8mins + stoppage remaining

Final. US loses 0-2 to Costa Rica at home!  Coming in, 7 points in 4 games would have given us 15 points which historically is good enough to advance. This loss will force us to get 2 wins and a draw with 2 road games at panama and Trinidad ...1 more home game as well. 

• 1 month later...

Lineup for Panama

Jozy Wood

Pulisic

Nagbe Arriola

Bradley

Villafaña Besler Gonzalez Yedlin

Howard

Arriola took a bow on a corner. Another of our players got taken down. No call. 

Pulisic from the left wing feeds Altidore beautifully in the 19th! 2-0!

Pulisic is spectacular in the creator role tonight. 

Altidore takes another elbow. Wood is staggered up front too. 

Wood is pulled down in the box. Jozy converts the penalty in the 43rd. 3-0.

Pulisic takes a ding, but it's not serious and he's back on. 

Bobby in the 64th! He's been close all game and was due. 4-0!

Archived