NEW FEATURE - Coach's Corner: Auburn vs. Clemson

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, JMR said:

Hey, guys! Not trying to horn in over here at all. i just like what Rob has done and the reasons he does it, and thought I'd offer to share. I don't claim to know everything, and obviously there is a TON of guesswork in these "preview articles". Please enjoy the weekly input for what it is.....one old guy's opinion. :ucrazy:

Great article. Very well written and many sound points. You are correct though, right now there is a lot of guessing. Sunday morning we will all be guessing a little less. :yay:

31 minutes ago, JMR said:

Hey, guys! Not trying to horn in over here at all. i just like what Rob has done and the reasons he does it, and thought I'd offer to share. I don't claim to know everything, and obviously there is a TON of guesswork in these "preview articles". Please enjoy the weekly input for what it is.....one old guy's opinion. :ucrazy:

Welcome aboard, sir.  We always love to hear what folks like you with years of knowledge and experience have to say.  Might I also recommend getting to know @Malcolm_FleX48.  He's a good kid with a heck of a lot of football knowledge. I bet someone with your background and experience would be a welcome sounding board as he finishes school and finds his next path in life.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For those of us who have not followed Coach Ray can we get a link to any other work he does? TIA

There's always the War Eagle Sports Radio site: http://www.wareaglesportsradio.com/

This site is a repository for several different podcasts (some good, some well...)  Coach Ray is on the All Access Auburn podcast with Doug Dean.  They also have Stan White dropping by from time to time.  Excellent podcast!

It's available on-line (the link I provided) and is also a smartphone app available on Google Play (and I assume for iPhone).

I hope this helps.

War Eagle!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JMR said:

Great job coach! Enjoyed the read!

Enjoyed the analysis very much. Just curious, JMR, did you used to post on the old Alliance sports AU site back in the early to mid nineties?

Yessir, I was there pretty much from the beginning. Will Woods and I became friends, and I started writing articles to "help him get going". Who knew he'd eventually be a Vice President of Rivals, and one of the icons of the whole "internet sports" biz?

• Like 1

Good detailed factual information. I have to admit though, when you read the differences between the teams 2 offenses, it gets kind of scary, especially the skill positions.

They're LOADED at the skill positions. And no offense to Sean White, but they have THE quarterback. I honestly believe if Deshaun Watson had signed with us, we'd be in the hunt for the big marble.

Edited by JMR

Thought I remembered your write-ups from back in the day. Glad to have you posting here I've always enjoyed your insights.

Thanks, coach! Enjoyed the read. In terms of Sean White, I just think we haven't seen the real Sean White yet. While he might not be elite talent, I think he has intelligence and courage, which goes a long way. I am really looking forward to seeing how disciplined the defense is under Kevin Steele. The leadership we have on that side of the ball should help, too. Looking forward to hearing your post-game thoughts. WAR EAGLE!!!! BEAT clemson!!!! :cheer:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard John. You are a breathe of fresh air and I look forward to your analysis of Auburn Football.