***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we need to stop blaming solitary incidents on the entire program collapsing. How often does that happen with other programs? Will giving a couple of guys passes end the team every time? I don't want to name any names, but we've played 2 top 10 programs recently that have had high profile incidents, and just had faith in their guys for the sake of the teams. It'd be nice to try that right now

Nobody is blaming incidents on the program collapsing.  That's totally a reach on your part.  You can't have a program where the players are allowed to do whatever they want without consequences.    I'll say again, Roberts actions off the field are why he's not playing.    Very glad you aren't in charge of anything at Auburn.

• Like 1

Past few years ago..offense is great but defense is terrible...now Defense is great but offense is terrible..Gus Malzahn for 2016 president!!!!!!!

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

Dear Gus, you named a starting QB. Would be nice to see you give him a chance to actually...you know...play!

Wouldn't be much different. The DL is in our backfield as soon as the qb's catch the snap

Oline was supposed to be a strength.  They are getting handled. It looks like high schoolers vs elementary. What in the world is up with the O

I'm sorry, but the O-line has been a letdown all game.  The play calling isn't much better, but there has been no blocking whatsoever.  Glad to see JJ at least have some confidence.  If he's our quarterback, I'll get behind him, but he's got a hard task ahead of him.  Defense is playing with heart that I love.

Edited by FistyMcBeefpunch

He could have and should have gotten rid of it. No reason to hold on to the ball and take the sack.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'm seeing the same Gus as last year and it's concerning. Completely benching white is baffling 

Yep. Especially considering the plays White was saddled with and asked to run. Bringing him in on 3rd and 10 after two terrible plays with JFIII was just...bad.

I like to think about it like this, if Jeremy who is at the worst is as mobile as Sean, is getting creamed out here, I don't know what to expect from Sean. At least Jeremy is big enough to absorb the hits, Sean isn't

The other solution would be to use a more mobile QB, but...

I like the aggressiveness JJ has run his keepers.  Again not much hole to work with. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I mean, when you've got 2 rushers coming at you every down closing a pocket in, there isn't much you can do. 

He is the least mobile and slowest thinking QB on the roster, judging from last year. Great arm, but he is very slow to read the defense, and maybe it's his size, but he just doesn't seem very coordinated. 

If we can't block, roll him out. Call *something* that gives whatever players we have in there a chance. I feel terrible for SW, who was given no chance, and I don't know what JJ is going to do in this offense right now, either

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

Yep. Especially considering the plays White was saddled with and asked to run. Bringing him in on 3rd and 10 after two terrible plays with JFIII was just...bad.

Lol