Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I have wondered the same in posts above. I know KP would have gotten the yard and a half that was needed on that 4th down. KP is similar to the Texas backs we saw on Sunday. Big bruising 240 lb rb. I am high on KP and think he can be a player for us. He played Saturday on special teams I believe. 

Gus has made his offense too complex with all of the subs and formation possibilities.  He needs his possibilities limited...he's missing the obvious answers.  What's the saying?...He's going around his elbow to reach to reach his ***hole.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Gus has made his offense too complex with all of the subs and formation possibilities.  He needs his possibilities limited...he's missing the obvious answers.  What's the saying?...He's going around his elbow to reach to reach his ***hole.

hell, it should be easy for him to find, its sitting right under his visor!!!!

If we fire Gus, our next coach -- if we have a QB -- will have wild success early. I heard Lou Holtz on SiriusXM say "You never do a better coaching job than in your first 2 years in a place. You play the best players available to you without bias. Once you get more years under your belts you are having to deal with parents, girlfriends, promises made in recruiting, etc and you lose the objectivity and the main goal of just putting the best guys out on the field" -- light paraphrasing but one hell of an eye opener.

I think our last few coaches benefited and also failed/are failing in part due to this.

It's pretty obvious that Rhett Lashlee AND Gus Malzahn are totally lacking in the area of QB development.  Johnson and White have not improved in any area of play in my eyes...Gus needs to go out and get a legitimate QB coach.  I do not agree however that Franklin is the answer, from what I've heard he had some issues in practice with turnovers and accuracy....what stood out in my mind was something more than the crazy formations, QB changes, and play calling, was the fact that the offensive line got absolutely dominated, O-lineman tripping over other O-lineman's feet, not picking up blitzes, not winning any one on one battles, not being able to double team Clemson's D-ends.  It's hard to be confident in play calling when your offensive line is getting there butts whipped every play, and for that matter hard to make a decision where to go with the football when you don't have time to deliver to the primary receiver, much less go through progressions.  Offensive Line could not protect in the passing game or get any push in the running game plain and simple. 

I would simultaneously crap my pants and cry if LSU hires Art Briles. With all the talent at their disposal and finally a lethal offense to match the athletes on D they would be scary as hell

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I would simultaneously crap my pants and cry if LSU hires Art Briles. With all the talent at their disposal and finally a lethal offense to match the athletes on D they would be scary as hell

Which is exactly why they'll do it. It's called being competitive. Someone is going to unseat Bama, and if Gus does't get out of his own head, we are gonna get left behind.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't know if Briles is in the clear yet, but yeah if LSU would stop trying to play smathmouth football against teams that are used to defending smathmouth football they could be dangerous.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Which is exactly why they'll do it. It's called being competitive. Someone is going to unseat Bama, and if Gus does't get out of his own head, we are gonna get left behind.

I think there might be a chance we're actively being left behind as we speak :/

Crossing my fingers that we aren't turning into modern day Tennessee

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

I don't know if Briles is in the clear yet, but yeah if LSU would stop trying to play smathmouth football against teams that are used to defending smathmouth football they could be dangerous.

Right, just going on the assumption that he does get hired. I don't want to see Briles in the SECW at all. Unless at AU -- if cleared.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think there might be a chance we're actively being left behind as we speak :/

Crossing my fingers that we aren't turning into modern day Tennessee

We seem to be trending that way....

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Right, just going on the assumption that he does get hired. I don't want to see Briles in the SECW at all. Unless at AU -- if cleared.

I don't want Art Briles anywhere near AU as a HC.   He knew the terrible things that were going on under his watch and did nothing.  I would rather see a clown show of 5 QBs being used under Gus than a Championship under a scum bag like Art Briles.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I don't want Art Briles anywhere near AU as a HC.   He knew the terrible things that were going on under his watch and did nothing.  I would rather see a clown show of 5 QBs being used under Gus than a Championship under a scum bag like Art Briles.

wde

That's fair, I respect your stance on it. I'm still holding out judgement until we know exactly what was going on. I'm 100% with you if it is as cut and dry as you say, though.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

That's fair, I respect your stance on it. I'm still holding out judgement until we know exactly what was going on. I'm 100% with you if it is as cut and dry as you say, though.

10-4.  Have a good one.  Tried to "like" your post but I am out of "likes".

wde

51 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.Maybe he knew maybe he didn't or maybe he just couldn't believe that his players could do those things.I do think he is a good coach but what do I know I thought Gus was.

Just now, kd4au said:

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.Maybe he knew maybe he didn't or maybe he just couldn't believe that his players could do those things.I do think he is a good coach but what do I know I thought Gus was.

I think Art Briles is a good coach too.  I think he is a despicable human being.

wde

Considering all the heads that rolled at  Baylor it's pretty hard to make the case that the guy who was actually at ground level and responsible for the perps..... did not know what was going on...did not take action against the perps....and yet is  some kind of innocent by-stander.        

I'm always amazed that there are folks who somehow arrive at the conclusion that the only possible coach who can rescue a sick athletic program at AU is some guy who has been run off for one type of malfeasance or another by another school.   Seems we just gravitate toward people like that and are willing to risk the good name of the school with no thought whatsoever.

If it were to happen that we fire him for whatever reason, there is only one coach we should go after....Tom Herman. That should be the only name we go after.

While the jury is still out, in the worst case scenario, Art Briles is involved in covering up rape. Would you take the gamble waiting for that mess to shake out?

22 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

If it were to happen that we fire him for whatever reason, there is only one coach we should go after....Tom Herman. That should be the only name we go after.

According to CBS Sports if Houston is accepted into the Big XII, Tom Herman stands to be the highest paid coach in college football. I know the PTB have some fat wallets but I can't see with number of former coaches we have on payroll plus the pricey buyout of Herman's contract that we'd be so willing to pull the trigger. And I like Herman...

On 9/5/2016 at 4:13 PM, AUIH1 said:

Then we are truly screwed if replacing Jay Jacobs won't help because although a nice guy, Jay Jacobs is incompetent.  I agree with you now about the record.  

wde

He's just a P.R. guy. He's a face for the board and a fund raiser. When you look at it like that, I think he does a pretty good job. He doesn't hire and fire football coaches though. That's way above his pay grade. It works the same way pretty much every where else. Most of the time when you see an A.D. get fired, it's a P.R. move more than anything.

Archived