Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One game doesn't make a season. Let's see what happens the next few weeks before we dust off our pitchforks. 

This team has a lot of potential!  We just took the #2 team in the country to the wire. 

And we learned a lot of things that don't work on offense!  Lol. 

10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I know you sunshine pumpers find ways to get something positive out of pretty much everything but there is NO WAY you can with this. I am completely over Gus Malzahn.

I'm as big a sunshine pumper as there is but something has to happen. I would like to at very least see a scapegoat and kick them out of the locker room. The ball boy or something. ???  Head scratcher... Petway was at the stadium ???

17 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

We have regressed every year that he has been here. Heck, fire him and hire Steele.

So in 2013 we regressed from 2012? Now if you said after his 1st season you would be correct. But I'm pretty sure we didnt regress from 12 to 13... I COULD be wrong, but I don't think so...

13 minutes ago, MaxP said:

Fire him. We are wasting the best D we've had in a decade.

... Yes it is the best defense since the tubs days... Although I guess he gets no credit for bringing in the talent...

Look guys I'm all for firing Lashlee, he SHOULD of already been gone. But Gus is more than just the offense of this team... 

I have always been a sunshine pumper but there is no excuse for our offense being this ineffective.  All who are blaming Lashlee for it are wrong. Malzahn has to take the brunt of the blame.  With any offensive production in the first three quarters, we could have win this game going away. 

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

One game doesn't make a season. Let's see what happens the next few weeks before we dust off our pitchforks. 

This team has a lot of potential!  We just took the #2 team in the country to the wire. 

And we learned a lot of things that don't work on offense!  Lol. 

This is the normal approach I would take - but did you just watch the game? My god, this is the biggest 3 ring circus in Auburn history, bar none. Totally inept as a head coach, and I thought I would never say that about anyone.

Tuberville would win games like these with regularity. He would've run it up their kazoo with a defense like that and made em like it. liked the defense. They didn't play terrible last year. Improved all year. 

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Gus will never let go of his "golden child". 

Lashley is a human fire break protecting Gus from direct action. We'll have to get rid of the buffer to fully understand the extent of the problem. 

I got yer sunshine right here crybabies. Our unranked team lost to #2 by 6 points and was throwing into the endzone for the win as time expired. Some missed opportunities by the same coaches that created them, true...with a little help from Sean missing his open endzone fullback, Keryon not holding onto a beautiful Sean pass at the 5, etc. If we play this season like we played tonight we lose 3. Maybe. 

That was complete chaos and discombobulation tonight. The foundation of a great program has to be about more than trick plays, JUCOs, transfers, and other quick fixes. Our players look dazed, confused, and dispirited, which reflects what they see in their head coach. Virtually every team with a QB battle clarified their decision this weekend. We muddied ours, probably beyond repair. Imagine any AU player answering the question, "who is your QB?"  It's going to be a long season. 

In the 2nd half he found a way to open up some running lanes. 

And he seemed to settle on Sean. 

Tonight was terrible on offense, but there is a good chance for improvement the next few weeks. 

Let's discuss again after LSU. If our offense looks like a Chinese fire drill then, that's a different story!

Just now, around4ever said:

I have always been a sunshine pumper but there is no excuse for our offense being this ineffective.  All who are blaming Lashlee for it are wrong. Malzahn has to take the brunt of the blame.  With any offensive production in the first three quarters, we could have win this game going away. 

He took the name for the 6--6 record last and if my memory stands correct promised US down hill running football"like auburn expects" and other than improvising with a juco qb his first two years has fallen flat on his face on that promise....

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

I got yer sunshine right here crybabies. Our unranked team lost to #2 by 6 points and was throwing into the endzone for the win as time expired. Some missed opportunities by the same coaches that created them, true...with a little help from Sean missing his open endzone fullback, Keryon not holding onto a beautiful Sean pass at the 5, etc. If we play this season like we played tonight we lose 3. Maybe. 

You're dreaming. Did you watch the game? I think we had 1 first down in the first half. 1. We'll see I guess. I like your enthusiasm though. Bless your heart. 

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Wow....

6 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That was definitely a Gus loss. Think the only other group that could possibly be blamed is the O-line. 90% on Gus though. I've never seen a coach make so many mystifyingly stupid decisions...

Oh I don't know... The offensive coordinator/QB coach... Thats who deserves most. Gus isn't the OC. We pay someone over half a million per year to run this offensive s**t show 

5 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

Gus needs to go. This is most likely the first of a number of losses AU will suffer this year. Right now, I don't see AU beating Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, and possibly Ole Miss. It's a shame that our defense played as hard as we've seen an AU defense play just to have to watch a totally abysmal offense. 

Slow down turbo. We just played the best offense we will see all year and held them to their average halftime score last season. We also played the Best QB in the nation mind you. Offensive ineptness is another story. And it IS on Lashlee

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Im all in. Fire him. How can anyone say otherwise. I have watched football for 48 years and never seen anything even close to this circus. He just kept doing insanely stupid things over and over and over and over and over...I still can't believe what I just saw!

Oh I don't know, he has other things to do as a HC than being an OC...We pay over half a million per year to Lashlee to run this offense. If he isn't needed, I'm sure the university would be happy to save half a million...

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

GUS RUNS THE OFFENSE!!! Don't you get it?

I'm sorry...when did he get demoted? Gus runs the TEAM. The offensive side is Lashlee. 

3 minutes ago, Nstig8r said:

I think Lashlee needs to go first, just so we can see if the problem is him or Malzahn...

Exactamundo

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is sarcasm, right?

NOT AT ALL

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Gus will never let go of his "golden child". 

then you clearly haven't read the recruiting thread of that Baylor transfer QB. Insiders say regardless of production Lashlee is out next season and Kendall Briles is going to be our OC.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I respect your posts and generally never disagree with you much, but I have to completely disagree. Lashlee is an offensive coordinator in the SEC. HCs run the team, OCs run the offense. He can't do everything. 

Lashlee is CLEARLY in over his head and our offensive regression since year 1 shows this. He clearly can't develop a QB whist being our QB coach. He clearly can't run an offense....so....why is he even here? 

Players played great! Coaching lost the game with their indecisiveness in the qb position.

Not ready to fire Gus, but agree Rhett needs to go. Looks to me like Gus is trying let Rhett run the offense and its backfiring.

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So in 2013 we regressed from 2012? Now if you said after his 1st season you would be correct. But I'm pretty sure we didnt regress from 12 to 13... I COULD be wrong, but I don't think so...

... Yes it is the best defense since the tubs days... Although I guess he gets no credit for bringing in the talent...

Look guys I'm all for firing Lashlee, he SHOULD of already been gone. But Gus is more than just the offense of this team... 

I'm sorry man, how can you make this argument? We have recruited top notch talent for years and for some reason look inferior. You CAN'T play 3 QBs...On the same drive!!

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Oh I don't know... The offensive coordinator/QB coach... Thats who deserves most. Gus isn't the OC. We pay someone over half a million per year to run this offensive s**t show 

Slow down turbo. We just played the best offense we will see all year and held them to their average halftime score last season. We also played the Best QB in the nation mind you. Offensive ineptness is another story. And it IS on Lashlee

Oh I don't know, he has other things to do as a HC than being an OC...We pay over half a million per year to Lashlee to run this offense. If he isn't needed, I'm sure the university would be happy to save half a million...

I'm sorry...when did he get demoted? Gus runs the TEAM. The offensive side is Lashlee. 

Exactamundo

NOT AT ALL

then you clearly haven't read the recruiting thread of that Baylor transfer QB. Insiders say regardless of production Lashlee is out next season and Kendall Briles is going to be our OC.

I respect your posts and generally never disagree with you much, but I have to completely disagree. Lashlee is an offensive coordinator in the SEC. HCs run the team, OCs run the offense. He can't do everything. 

Lashlee is CLEARLY in over his head and our offensive regression since year 1 shows this. He clearly can't develop a QB whist being our QB coach. He clearly can't run an offense....so....why is he even here? 

I generally agree with your posts as well, but you are absolutely delusional in this instance.

Archived