Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'm sorry I'm done y'all. Had to rant somewhere and this was my only outlit. Little tipsy. Little pissed. Goodnight all. 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

HOW DO YOU DEFEND THIS MAN?! I TRIED DEFENDING HIM FOR BASICALLY THREE YEARS AND HE DOES THIS TONIGHT WITH THREE QBS?! ARE YOU ALL INSANE?! 

Personally I thought the TEAM looked great. We were 10 point dogs. We played the best offense we will see all year and the best QB. 

Offense is another story. Thats why I'm on Lashlee like stink on poop.

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Never change AUFamily... never change.

If you think I am the normal AUFamily "sunshine pumper" you don't pay attention to my posts.

I might have understood changing a QB after having a couple of bad plays in a row. But today I would see a couple of positive plays in a row and then we would change the QB. I want somebody to explain the logic behind that.

When did Chandler Cox become a QB??  Worse called game on offense in a long time especially the first half.  Then in the second half every time we found something that worked we would quit doing it and bring in another QB.  Thought we would have won this game if we would have run at Clemson instead of trying to run around them.  I think this team had enough talent to win.....

24 minutes ago, autigersj said:

I think what everyone is referring to is that fact that Gus was very vocal in stating he would have MUCH more input on offense this year. So I believe everyone was expecting something more.. stable?? That was the most bizarre offensive gameplan I have ever seen from any level of football. 

I agree. I was expecting more, but I'm not a coach. Maybe he is... I mean he did completely shake up the offensive coaching staff last season save for one of the best in the business (Horton) and...well... Lashlee. But he made serious changes. He ran off fan favorite CDC (who maybe saw what was happening... Tried to voice his opinion, and wasn't listed to, so he left...)  He then pushed out our OL coach. Now before anyone says it, it wasn't because he wanted to coach with his son. He went there because he was told that he could take an off the field position. I saw the interview. I think it was on this site. Either this one, ITAT, or the rant... So yeah he made serious changes. Maybe it just wasn't the changes we expected. 

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Gus came to Auburn with only one year as a college head coach,  that coming at Arkansas State. I don't know what conference ASU is in, but it ain't the SEC. 

Funny I bet this isn't what you were saying Jan 1 after his year 1...

5 minutes ago, macauburn said:

Someone needs to run a drug screen on the offensive coaches, cause they had to be high when they dreamed up that game plan.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

22 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

If you think I am the normal AUFamily "sunshine pumper" you don't pay attention to my posts.

No, just all the hot takes following the game. Just good all around. 

Guys... I am not sold on Gus... I don't know if he is the answer or not. But what I do know is the continuous coaching changes are horrible. It does our team or program NO GOOD to fire Gus unless we are hiring a Harbaugh, $aban, Urban Meyer type coach. There aren't too many superstar coaches out there, and even less are unemployed.  

Besides....if Gus DOES fail, do you REALLY want JJ to hire another coach? I sure wouldn't...

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Guys... I am not sold on Gus... I don't know if he is the answer or not. But what I do know is the continuous coaching changes are horrible. It does our team or program NO GOOD to fire Gus unless we are hiring a Harbaugh, $aban, Urban Meyer type coach. There aren't too many superstar coaches out there, and even less are unemployed.  

Besides.... do you REALLY want JJ to hire another coach? I sure wouldn't...

"if Gus DOES fail". The jury is no longer out.

No. Do not Fire Malzahn. Do you not realize this would mean starting over? Wake up! You don't always have an SEC Championship season with 1st year coaches. Firing Gus means more rebuilding and more frustration. Chill out and let him figure it out. He's not trying "not to score." 

Newsflash: we not the only team that struggles on offense. LSU was awful today, Miss St, Arkansas, Florida, were ALL bad on O today. We played the number 2 team in the country and almost beat em. We'll figure it out. War Eagle 

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

"if Gus DOES fail". The jury is no longer out.

I guess its a matter of perception. 

I saw Lashlee has failed. Not sure Gus has. Maybe he has... I'm just not there yet. Now next season if Lashlee is gone Kendall is here and we still are inept, then I will agree. 

You guys do know the job/responsibilities of an OC don't y'all? You sure don't act like it..

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I guess its a matter of perception. 

I saw Lashlee has failed. Not sure Gus has. Maybe he has... I'm just not there yet. Now next season if Lashlee is gone Kendall is here and we still are inept, then I will agree. 

You guys do know the job/responsibilities of an OC don't y'all? You sure don't act like it..

Was it RL changing Qb's and destroying all rhythym and momentum. That was the most bizarre game planning, personnel usage, and play calling that I have ever seen in over 50 years of watching college football. RL would not be the one doing that. That is on the "Genius". I am embarrassed for the players.

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Was it RL changing Qb's and destroying all rhythym and momentum. That was the most bizarre game planning, personnel usage, and play calling that I have ever seen in over 50 years of watching college football. RL would not be the one doing that. That is on the "Genius". I am embarrassed for the players.

Well Lashlee is the offensive coordinator. He is in control of the offense, gameplan, and personnel. So yeah...

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well Lashlee is the offensive coordinator. He is in control of the offense, gameplan, and personnel. So yeah...

Sorry, but Gus has said he was more hands on this year and everyone knows Gus controls the O. 

This is all on Gus, period. 

For all you wanting Steele, look at his record as Baylor's HC.  He certainly was no Briles.  However, he has always been a very good DC and did a great job tonight.

IMO, if AU makes a change, it should be a "go big or go home" type of hire. No more former AU people.  No more former staff.  Go after Tom Herman or Justin Fuente or someone like that.  Sadly, I don't think many coaches will come to AU as none of them want to have to compete with Saban and the REC.  

IMO, we are stuck with Gus or with some no name coach who is willing to take a risk just for the $$$.  Either way, nothing will be done correctly until Jacobs is gone.

5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Sorry, but Gus has said he was more hands on this year and everyone knows Gus controls the O. 

This is all on Gus, period. 

...yawn... 

We had major changes in offensive staff. Did Gus specifically say he was going to "call plays?" No. He said he would be more hands on. He made major changes to his staff, and unless you see 100% of every practice you don't know what he does at practice and how that could be different than last season. 

Just because his "more hands on" (that's what he said) isn't what you (or me) wanted it to be, who are we to say what he has or hasn't done?

Again, I'm not saying he is the answer. How he handles the offensive struggles under its current chief of staff will determine his outcome. 

19 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

No. Do not Fire Malzahn. Do you not realize this would mean starting over? Wake up! You don't always have an SEC Championship season with 1st year coaches. Firing Gus means more rebuilding and more frustration. Chill out and let him figure it out. He's not trying "not to score." 

Newsflash: we not the only team that struggles on offense. LSU was awful today, Miss St, Arkansas, Florida, were ALL bad on O today. We played the number 2 team in the country and almost beat em. We'll figure it out. War Eagle 

Get it right the first time and you won't have to worry about the constant rebuilding and frustration. How many years of rebuilding did Ohio State go through when they inked Urban Meyer? Georgia looked pretty good in Kirby Smart's debut. How many lives does Gus need to go through before someone finally realizes he's not very good at his job?

13 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I have always been a pro Gus guy but tonight when added to the last two years has to shake your faith.  If he goes 7-6 or worse then he should be gone.  It's not like new coaches have had a hard time having success at Auburn.  Most have won right away.  We have all the talent we need but trying not to be hyperbolic tonight was the worst coaching performance I have seen at Auburn in a long time.  He has the year to turn things around but if he can't then let's go find someone up to the job. 

That post-game press conference from Gus was pathetic as well. The worm has turned.

WDE

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

...yawn... 

We had major changes in offensive staff. Did Gus specifically say he was going to "call plays?" No. He said he would be more hands on. He made major changes to his staff, and unless you see 100% of every practice you don't know what he does at practice and how that could be different than last season. 

Just because his "more hands on" (that's what he said) isn't what you (or me) wanted it to be, who are we to say what he has or hasn't done?

Again, I'm not saying he is the answer. How he handles the offensive struggles under its current chief of staff will determine his outcome. 

RL has been attached to Gis' teat from day one. All he knows is what Gus has taught him. 

I just watched part of the press conference and it is obvious Gus is heavily involved in the O. Blind children in China can see this is on Gus' shoulders. RL has some blame too, I am sure. 

The gameplan was obvious, everytime a qb gets hot, pull him. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

For all you wanting Steele, look at his record as Baylor's HC.  He certainly was no Briles.  However, he has always been a very good DC and did a great job tonight.

IMO, if AU makes a change, it should be a "go big or go home" type of hire. No more former AU people.  No more former staff.  Go after Tom Herman or Justin Fuente or someone like that.  Sadly, I don't think many coaches will come to AU as none of them want to have to compete with Saban and the REC.  

IMO, we are stuck with Gus or with some no name coach who is willing to take a risk just for the $$$.  Either way, nothing will be done correctly until Jacobs is gone.

I don't think anyone seriously ment hire Steele. God, I hope not...

7 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Get it right the first time and you won't have to worry about the constant rebuilding and frustration. How many years of rebuilding did Ohio State go through when they inked Urban Meyer? Georgia looked pretty good in Kirby Smart's debut. How many lives does Gus need to go through before someone finally realizes he's not very good at his job?

I guess Gus looked horrible his 1st year. Man... Seems like I remember us setting the world on fire his 1st season... Maybe I am wrong... I've been wrong before...

You can't say so and so did great his first GAME against an overmatched opponent and discount what Gus did his 1st season...you know... The greatest turn around in NCAA history, but who cares about that...

I'm pissed about the first half and some of the second, but we did have a shot at the end. The clock is ticking but if for some reason this staff figures it out on offense we will see him next season. I'd be fine with that myself. Another staff change isn't something I want to think about right now. 

Archived