2018 5* PF EJ Montgomery

ellitor

"EJ Montgomery with 26 points, nine rebounds, four blocks off of 12-14 shooting. Best I've seen him, by far. World of upside to Auburn commit" - @coreyevans_10 

EJ's looking good so far this year. Could start moving up in the rankings soon

Edited by AdamsAU

Edited by ellitor

So, Wiley is an AU legacy and Montgomery has a sister here at AU. That's awesome, and Kudos to Pearl for capitalizing on the family connection breaks to get talented kids to come to our program...

But...

We really can't rely on those types of things going forward, can we?

Hopefully we do well enough with these guys on campus that it builds momentum and 5* guys with no prior connections to AU take notice.

I hope this post doesn't paint me as anything other than ecstatic about this kid's commitment or any of the sudden influx in talent. I'm simply struck by the coincidence of the timing of some of them.

15 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

So, Wiley is an AU legacy and Montgomery has a sister here at AU. That's awesome, and Kudos to Pearl for capitalizing on the family connection breaks to get talented kids to come to our program...

But...

Hopefully we do well enough with these guys on campus that it builds momentum and 5* guys with no prior connections to AU take notice.

I hope this post doesn't paint me as anything other than ecstatic about this kid's commitment or any of the sudden influx in talent. I'm simply struck by the coincidence of the timing of some of them.

5*s with no family connection have taken notice. See Mustapha Heron.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bryanlooney said:

But...

Look at all the other talent Bruce has brought in, very un-AU like to say the least. He's totally changed how we are looked at. 

3 hours ago, bryanlooney said:

But...

Winning will open the door.

• Like 1

This kid is perfect for CBP imo. Even when he's completely gassed (looking really tired at least) he's still hustling down court each time and picks up a lot of blocks/assists/rebounds/steals just by hustling to get in the right place in transition. He can also pull up and shoot and has extremely pretty touch on his passes. Kudos to CBP, he hasn't quit or become satisfied with what he has. He seems to be building quite the program down here.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

5*s with no family connection have taken notice. See Mustapha Heron.

Love hearing the replies.

I'm always a little over my head when I try to comment on anything on the basketball forum. I'm admittedly not a hoops guy but I love all things Auburn and I'm giddy with the success Pearl is having making folks take notice of our program.

• 6 months later...

very nice. Love hearing the future continues to look bright! Imagine what Pearl will do if he can start winning some games on the court!

• Like 1

It looks like we will be getting a great player. While I doubt it will happen I hope Wiley stays around one more year after next so we could have two dominant big men on the floor at the same time.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

It looks like we will be getting a great player. While I doubt it will happen I hope Wiley stays around one more year after next so we could have two dominant big men on the floor at the same time.

Two dominant big men that RUN the floor at that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This whole thing sucks on so many levels. Still wrapping my brain around it. Gonna get worse before it gets better I’d imagine. Thanks a lot Rifleman. 

You can't blame the kid for decommitting when you don't know what is going on, HOWEVER...  Maybe this is not the end of the world.  If CBP survives then maybe he still comes to AU.  There is so much uncertainty and speculation going on right now it is hard to see past it all.  But there is a chance

350.png

• Like 2