2018 5* PF EJ Montgomery

ellitor

• 3 months later...

@au_bsci_04 ... i'm just spitballing here ... but i'm betting i'm not gonna be the first person that you inadvertently troll when you bumped this thread.  i thought Montgomery had recommitted!  i was all geeked up for a second!  i'm gonna have to go and deflate now ...

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Any chance we are still communicating with EJ and can get him back in the fold? As far a I know, he is not committed elsewhere.

No. As @boomstick alluded to elsewhere there's more involved than a standard recruitment & I'm not talking the Person fiasco either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

He's not going to bama, is he?

Doubt it. No one really knows. He has kinda gone radio silent in his recruitment. Would of been our first McDonalds AA since the late great Vot Barber. On his recruiting profile the last news was he unofficially visited clemson on december 19th.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 2 crystal balls today for Duke. 1 from Andrew Slater arguably the best college bball insider when it comes to crutin and another one by the main duke reporter. He would add to a already insane recruiting haul from the GOAT.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got 2 crystal balls today for Duke. 1 from Andrew Slater arguably the best college bball insider when it comes to crutin and another one by the main duke reporter. He would add to a already insane recruiting haul from the GOAT.

I guess the only upside is that Duke is gathering up all the talent in this class, by next recruiting cycle these guys will either be leaving or transferring. Coach K rarely plays more than seven kids and already he had one of his highly recruited stars leave at mid season because of "lack of playing time" . Looks to me that Kentucky and Arizona , and probably Kansas , have really lost ground in the recruiting war against Duke. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

I guess the only upside is that Duke is gathering up all the talent in this class, by next recruiting cycle these guys will either be leaving or transferring. Coach K rarely plays more than seven kids and already he had one of his highly recruited stars leave at mid season because of "lack of playing time" . Looks to me that Kentucky and Arizona , and probably Kansas , have really lost ground in the recruiting war against Duke. 

O absolutely. They are better now at the one and dones than kentucky is. Grayson Allen is a senior and Bagley,  Wendell Carter, Trevon Duval and probaly even Trent JR will all go pro. They will lose their whole starting 5 most likely and just reload with a totally different but equally as talented one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep. Good discussion.

Long gone are Coach K's white boy classes. Kentucky has had alot of attrition and Duke will feel the affect as well eventually. Who was the kid that left?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The class Coach K is assembling is absolutely unreal, even more so if Montgomery ends up there. If rankings were worth wins then they might just concede the NCAA championship to them before the season starts next year, lol.

P.S. If you haven't seen the highlights of Zion Williamson do yourself a favor and go watch. Incredible.

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep. Good discussion.

Long gone are Coach K's white boy classes. Kentucky has had alot of attrition and Duke will feel the affect as well eventually. Who was the kid that left?

fox59.com/2018/01/18/butler-adds-transfer-from-duke/

The recruiting theme of the "advantages of a Duke education"  has been totally abandoned apparently.

Coach K looking like Calipari now...running a training school for the NBA.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

The class Coach K is assembling is absolutely unreal, even more so if Montgomery ends up there. If rankings were worth wins then they might just concede the NCAA championship to them before the season starts next year, lol.

P.S. If you haven't seen the highlights of Zion Williamson do yourself a favor and go watch. Incredible.

Canada's greatest natural resource R.J. Barrett is by far the better basketball player in this duke class but you are right sir!!! Zion Williamson is a human highlight reel (SHOUT OUT to NIQUE!) He is must see tv and so fun to watch. 6 ft 6 and 275 pounds though. Needs to watch the weight! lol He keeps getting wider.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep. Good discussion.

BY JONATHAN M. ALEXANDER

jalexander@newsobserver.com

December 31, 2017 05:32 PM

Updated January 02, 2018 06:48 AM

Duke freshman Jordan Tucker is transferring, the school announced Sunday evening.

Tucker, a 6-7, 212-pound small forward, was a top-100 recruit coming out of Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler High School. He was ranked as high as No. 40, according to ESPN’s recruiting rankings.

But he didn’t get much playing time while at Duke. Tucker played in only two games this season. Both were blowout wins. He scored six points against Saint Francis on Dec. 5, but did not dress out in Duke’s last two games, including its most recent win over Florida State. He was listed on the game notes as having missed the game against Evansville because of an injury.

“It was pretty simple for me. I just needed playing time,” Tucker said in a phone interview Sunday. “Nothing negative. I just needed to play at the end of the day. And Coach understands it. It was a mutual agreement.”

Tucker said he wanted to thank Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski for what he did for him.

“He taught me a lot about myself on and off the court. I’m grateful for the experience and being able to say I played at Duke. A lot of people can’t say that.”

Tucker said when he came to Duke his desire was to be a key player, but he fell behind in the rotation with the emergence of players like Marvin Bagley III and Wendell Carter Jr.

“I don’t fit in that right now, and that’s fine,” he said. “That’s the way things go.”

Tucker said he hasn’t yet explored what schools he will transfer to.

Tucker was a late addition to Duke’s 2017 recruiting class. Before committing to Duke he was expected to commit to Syracuse. But Duke’s coaching staff made a strong push for Tucker late, after missing out on top recruit Kevin Knox when he chose to sign with Kentucky.

“We support Jordan and his family’s decision,” Krzyzewski said in a news release. “We appreciate his commitment to Duke during his time here. Jordan represented our program well and we wish him the very best moving forward.”

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

O absolutely. They are better now at the one and dones than kentucky is. Grayson Allen is a senior and Bagley,  Wendell Carter, Trevon Duval and probaly even Trent JR will all go pro. They will lose their whole starting 5 most likely and just reload with a totally different but equally as talented one.

They lost to Virginia bro. Defense wins again.

40 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

lol I am aware. I never miss a duke bball game. cannot wait when duke wins the natty or at least makes the final 4 and virginia gets bounced early again. Virginia style wins in the regular season but has not been great for them in march. Why do you like that team?! MY GOSH the most boring team in major college basketball!! ALL THEY DO IS HOLD THE BALL!!! I WANT TO SEE THEM thoroughbreds RUN!!!!!!! I though you liked more exciting and sexy teams!!! haha TALENT will rise to the top and virginia does not have top end talent to carry it in march.

Edited by GwillMac6

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

O and congrats. your boy is now a robust 3-8 vs coach K. Very stellar record indeed.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O and congrats. your boy is now a robust 3-8 vs coach K. Very stellar record indeed.

I don’t have a “boy” from that conference or from that sport. 3-8 isn’t too bad considering they recruit nothing like Duke.

• Haha 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I don’t have a “boy” from that conference or from that sport. 3-8 isn’t too bad considering they recruit nothing like Duke.

Tony Bennett is a great coach. I get he has to junk the game up to be competitive. I just despise them because that style is so boring.  I also HATE it and as a fan of fun exciting up tempo basketball it disgusts me! lol. Thank goodness The dukies and AU play nothing like that. WOOOO!!! WAR DAMN AND THE DUKIES ARE NOT ON FIRE TODAY BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE MONDAY! LETS GO!!!!!! and you could of fooled me virginia is the only national college bball team you talk about! haha

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tony Bennett is a great coach. I get he has to junk the game up to be competitive. I just despise them because that style is so boring.  I also HATE it and as a fan of fun exciting up tempo basketball it disgusts me! lol. Thank goodness The dukies and AU play nothing like that. WOOOO!!! WAR DAMN AND THE DUKIES ARE NOT ON FIRE TODAY BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE MONDAY! LETS GO!!!!!! and you could of fooled me virginia is the only national college bball team you talk about! haha

No. I’m not as big of a CBB fan as others are. Didn’t even know their coach. I’m just an Auburn B-ball fan. I just know you don’t like Virginia basketball so I rub it in.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

No. I’m not as big of a CBB fan as others are. Didn’t even know their coach. I’m just an Auburn B-ball fan. I just know you don’t like Virginia basketball so I rub it in.

hahahahahaah SO THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!! You should of just kept me going and pretended to keep being a big virginia fan. It def bothered me lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahahahaah SO THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!! You should of just kept me going and pretended to keep being a big virginia fan. It def bothered me lol.

hehe ? 

• Haha 1