Blessed

Maverick.AU

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just an update, sadly it wasn't just an infection, it happened to be anaplastic large cell lymphoma. I however am keeping positive thoughts Bc the prognosis does have a very good success rate, however more than myself please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers Bc I know they are taking it hard. Love you all and WDE 

"Luck is his companion,..Maverick is the name"

Best Wishes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just an update, sadly it wasn't just an infection, it happened to be anaplastic large cell lymphoma. I however am keeping positive thoughts Bc the prognosis does have a very good success rate, however more than myself please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers Bc I know they are taking it hard. Love you all and WDE 

Hate to hear the news, Mav, but I look forward to the day when you tell us that you have joined the growing line of Tigers who have kicked cancer's butt.

Prayers and peace, Maverick. May you be speechless with the outpouring of love and support, near and far, online and in person. Psalm 103:1-5 is my favorite for such times as these. New chapters await; God will strengthen you for this journey. By faith I know He's got your back in ways we just have no way of knowing. War Eagle...

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hate to hear the news, Mav, but I look forward to the day when you tell us that you have joined the growing line of Tigers who have kicked cancer's butt.

No doubt about that my friend!

God bless you and hearty prayers are being sent to your way!  A positive mind can work miracles.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News Update:

While being diagnosed with lymphoma isn't the greatest outcome, the prognosis on the lymphoma is very good. It is in very early stage 1 and is localized, it has luckily not spread anywhere else in my body other than to the adjacent node of the one that was removed. I got my port put in today and start chemo next Thursday. I know I've got this so need to worry, but I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts, prayers, and positive vibes. WDE

Stay strong Mav. God is in control and he has got this. Much Love and Prayers my friend. God bless and War Eagle. 

Prayers and thoughts for you Mav. I had some pretty funny thoughts on your original post re the pus comments. Such a gross word. Kind of gross just like it actually is. 

Thinking about you and your getting well. War Eagle!

That's excellent news, Mav! I hope for your continued health - I know how much stress that kind of worry can put on the mind and body. 

I think it's important for all of us to count those blessings - especially because of the treat it is when we get to count down the list and arrive at "Im lucky be an Auburn fan". WDE, and the first touchdown today is for you!

On 9/6/2016 at 4:06 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Mods feel free to move if necessary

i had surgery today on a very swollen lymph node that was about the size of a lemon, doctors were concerned due to its size when I went to see a surgeon last week, my anxiety and other factors really made me expect the worst, such as lymphoma etc, but it turned out to be an inflammatory infection filling with pus. This was really the best case scenario that could have happened.

My premise for making this post was, one, because I feel like a lot of this board is a part of my family, as I joined this site after the merger when I started  at Auburn. Secondly all the anxiety and everything over the past few weeks really put everything into perspective for me, especially after going to the game Saturday night etc.

There is so much bickering back and forth these days on this board, but in reality we all express our love for AU to a different degree. Some may be quick to jump the gun on things but that is just how they react to things, some people are more laid back with a wait and see approach but again, that's just how they react things. Win or lose we all love AU and this great university and that's what truly matters. I love auburn because my dad getting season tickets gave me so much quality time that I would've never gotten to spend with him otherwise. I love Auburn because it always felt like home and was my home for 4 years in college. Auburn will always be special in my heart to the day I die and nobody can take that away from me

While we were all frustrated with what went on Saturday with the offense there are definitely positives moving forward (and u guys know I'm no sunshine pumper lol), but I am glad to see Gus take responsibility and own what happened on offense on Saturday. Anyways, I hope this wasn't too much of a sappy post, but let's have a great week leading into Ark St. WDE everybody

God bless you and great post.    Too much hate and negativeness in this world......   War Eagle and i rejoice with you and  your great news

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

My cancer is in remission! Thank you so much to everyone for your thoughts prayers etc 

harry-potter.gif

not sure if we have ever chatted before but i am glad your cancer is in remission. in the words of king alfred the great { where did that come from?} from the last kingdom series   "god is good". you need to work on those anxiety issues. not being preachy but if you let it go unchecked it can really hurt you. i crashed and burned in 2003 so i know. anxiety can create problems you surely do not need right now. just a friendly thought.

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

not sure if we have ever chatted before but i am glad your cancer is in remission. in the words of king alfred the great { where did that come from?} from the last kingdom series   "god is good". you need to work on those anxiety issues. not being preachy but if you let it go unchecked it can really hurt you. i crashed and burned in 2003 so i know. anxiety can create problems you surely do not need right now. just a friendly thought.

I'm curious as to why you think I have anxiety problems? Not saying that I don't, but every human being has anxiety, especially if they get diagnosed with something like cancer. I was making this post for my family on this board because that is how I view this board, family. I'm personally just stoked right now as the this has taken more of a toll on my family than it has on me and I'm just so glad that there's positive news and an end in sight!

PS: (chemo brain) I'm currently getting treatment. I'm sure I mentioned anxiety in this thread before so that's where you got it from. I've surrounded myself with positive people and that has made the world of difference for me

well lord i am not miss cleo. i just took it from what you said. i meant my post to just be cautionary. anxiety would increase when health and fears from it tank.just a warning because i know anxiety can be sneaky. you actually seem pretty laid back. sorry if i made you feel any other way.......

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well lord i am not miss cleo. i just took it from what you said. i meant my post to just be cautionary. anxiety would increase when health and fears from it tank.just a warning because i know anxiety can be sneaky. you actually seem pretty laid back. sorry if i made you feel any other way.......

Well when I first read it it kinda confused me but after rereading I understand totally. No worries bud WDE

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

My cancer is in remission! Thank you so much to everyone for your thoughts prayers etc 

And there it is! Cancer doesn't stand a chance against a Tiger! Very happy for you Mav. 

Also just a note, this type of cancer (especially in the stage it was in when identified) has a very high rate of staying in remission once it gets knocked out. So while there's is always a chance the doctors do not see this coming back!

Archived