Horton back with AU.....

BuckTiger

After reading today's Rivals article it sounds like AH is very confused and is backing out of his commitment to OM. It's not over, but with TT visiting him this week at his house it looks like AU will reel him back to the promised land.

Aromashadu did the same thing with NC State when he came here. It was them, it was us.

Wassup with the negativity Power I?

I'm not going to hold my breath.

141204[/snapback]

Me either, but at least there's a glimmer of hope that we sign this young man. It's becoming more and more evident that Ed O and his assistant Frank Wilson bombarded Horton with a bunch of Ole Miss/NFL dreams.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

141204[/snapback]

Please do. Hold it until you can no longer post your negativity.

Thanks in advance. :poke:

141208[/snapback]

LOL

Don't give up yet...KEEP on holdin' your breath....a little longer.... :lol::lol:

These kids are under a lot of pressure during this decision time. I can understand how easy it would be to make a decision about school and then change when pursued by another coaching staff. THEN change back to the original choice. Alonzo is a good kid and has a good family. He will make the best decision for him. Personally I hope it is to attend AUBURN. But if he chooses elsewhere, then good luck to him.

I just hope he is never on a team that beats AUBURN!!!!! :big::big::big:

The suspense is unbearable, Damn, I hope it lasts! :blink::puke:

LOL

You can tell it is recruiting season when we start reading quotes from "Willy Wonka". :lol::lol::lol:

LOL

You can tell it is recruiting season when we start reading quotes from "Willy Wonka".  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

141230[/snapback]

"Don't...Stop...Come Back!" :lol::lol::lol:

:au::homer:

What I can't Fathom is, Auburn has recruited some of these kids since they were Soph. or Juniors in High School.......Most of 'em hadn't even been looked at by other schools until Auburn offered.........We show loyalty to them by saying that we'll have a Scholarship waiting on 'em when they Grad.........Then some accept the offer only to turn it down when another school, that probably hadn't even considered 'em, offers.........I think that is the most Irritating thing about the whole Recruiting process..........We get our hopes up, looking forward to seeing these kids Tear up our opponents, only to get 'em smashed.........Kinda like being up on an opponent by 14-21 points in the 4th qtr. with one minute left, only to have 'em come back and beat us by one.

What I can Fathom is, Auburn has recruited some of these kids since they were Soph. or Juniors in High School.......Most of 'em hadn't even been looked at by other schools until Auburn offered.........We show loyalty to them by saying that we'll have a Scholarship waiting on 'em when they Grad.........Then some accept the offer only to turn it down when another school, that probably hadn't even considered 'em, offers.........I think that is the most Irritating thing about the whole Recruiting process..........We get our hopes up, looking forward to seeing these kids Tear up our opponents, only to get 'em smashed.........Kinda like being up on an opponent by 14-21 points in the 4th qtr. with one minute left, only to have 'em come back and beat us by one.

141356[/snapback]

Auburn is not the only school to recruit them since their early days of HS. Nor are the AU recruits the only ones to be recruited by other schools late in the process. Do you think the AU coaches don't bother talking to kids that are committed to other school and attempt to get them to take a look at AU? Do you think AU does not bother to talk to kids because they grew up fans of another school? Most of these kids don't attend the college they grew up a fan of. For most of us college wasn't that big of a decision. We went to school at AU, UA, UT, UGA, LSU because we grew up dreaming of attending school there and they offered a good/great academic program. I for one am glad that AU is not limited to kids who grew up fans of AU.

Like I said "some of these kids".........I know for a fact that a couple of the kids that Auburn is recruiting didn't even get looked at, until Auburn offered.........The other schools know that Coach Tubs looks past the Stars and sees the Gifted Student/Athlete on the inside. I know that we're going after kids that have already commited to other schools........It just hits closer to home when other schools can pull one of our recruits away........

As impressionable and emotionally imature as some of these 17 & 18 yr. olds are, it's a very good thing they can't just sign w/ the first big program that comes along. As far as recruiting them as 15 or 16 year olds., I hope their parents are present when we're contacting them that young, it would be outrageous if we...or anybody else...is contacting somebody that young about so important a decision without their parents or at least an adult present.

I hope their parents are present when we're contacting them that young, it would be outrageous if we...or anybody else...is contacting somebody that young about so important a decision without their parents or at least an adult present.

That's a novel idea. They ought to have parents w/ them when they make the recruiting visits. Think that would change recruiting visits at all. :blink:

Archived