AU On Current NFL Rosters

around4ever

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

Isn't Ben Tate still in the league?

I believe he is currently a free agent.

Sammie's having a good night. A couple big catches and just threw a key block to help spring DeAngelo Williams for a touchdown. You can tell Roethlisberger really likes him and the trust is growing. And Sammie looks like a damn man even on an NFL field.

Funny/sad note: we were a Jeopardy! question tonight. "These Tigers beat Oregon in the 2011 BCSCG game"... First guess was LSU. 2nd guess was Clemson. The third contestant didn't even try :(

And Barber got cut but they picked him back up and he made the 53 man roster. 

Coates just got another good block to spring Williams for a TD. Sammie looking to seize this opportunity with Wheaton injured and Bryant suspended for the year.

11 hours ago, aubinvnam said:

Really happy to hear that about Barber.  Hope things work out for him.  I imagine even a couple years in the league could change things for him and his family.

Somebody posted his contract elsewhere. Don't remember the specifics. It's not enough that he and his family are immediately set for life, but it's enough to get them on their feet for sure. Yes, definitely happy for him and his decision to move on is validated. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Somebody posted his contract elsewhere. Don't remember the specifics. It's not enough that he and his family are immediately set for life, but it's enough to get them on their feet for sure. Yes, definitely happy for him and his decision to move on is validated. 

From what I read, it was small change (relatively) when he got picked-up for the practice squad, but when he made the 53-man it jumped to over a million.  I think they will be comfortable for a VERY long time.

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Hate not seeing Tre Mason's name on that list.  I hope he gets his life straightened out.

Same here.  I really enjoyed watching him at Auburn.  He was hard nosed running back that never seemed to tire.

6 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Hate not seeing Tre Mason's name on that list.  I hope he gets his life straightened out.

I really worry that he is suffering some brain trauma and I'm not sure if there's any full recovery from that. It's sad any way you look at it. He's certainly talented enough to kick around the league for a long time. 

Archived