miss st

Mizzou

SC

Tenn

texas a&m

Vandy

Dec. 2 SEC Championship (at Atlanta)

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Could start 5-0 depending on what happens with Clemson's QB.  October will be tough. 

Should a been 2-0 this year even WITH Clemson's QB.

Doh!

36 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Could start 5-0 depending on what happens with Clemson's QB.  October will be tough. 

They could still be good. Obviously guys have to develop but they have a 4 * freshman as well as  4 & 5* QBs committed in this class.

Looks like a tough middle of the road stretch for pretty much everyone.

Ole Miss and Arky get Bama right before us

LSU plays UF right before us

UGA plays UF, USC and then us

Miss St plays LSU, UGA then us

etc

So at least there's that

The fact that we play A&M after our bye makes me more confident our winning ways in Kyle Field will continue...which somehow makes me less confident that we beat them this week. :dunno:

I really like there is a better split of week 1 & 2 noncon quality games in 2017 as opposed to this year where it was almost all week 1. In 2017 you have...

Week 1

Bama/FSU

Florida/Michigan

LSU/BYU

Vols/Ga. Tech

aTm @ UCLA

Week 2

Arky/ TCU

AU @ Clemson

UGA @ ND

1 hour ago, Tivo48 said:

Looks like a tough middle of the road stretch for pretty much everyone.

Ole Miss and Arky get Bama right before us

LSU plays UF right before us

UGA plays UF, USC and then us

Miss St plays LSU, UGA then us

etc

So at least there's that

Love the positive outlook. It's really a good way to look at it. We get too much flak, but the west division of the conference is a real ball buster.

:bow:

i wish the GS and Mercer games were switched.  GS runs the tipple option.  Having Mercer for first game would leave more time to prepare for Clemson.  not to mention the amount of injuries that can occur with playing triple option teams.

2017 is set up to be our year IMO if this staff stays in tact (except possibly Rhett - not a criticism of him, he's just expendable IMHO). Pick up a terrific JUCO linebacker or two and we should be golden.

23 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

i wish the GS and Mercer games were switched.  GS runs the tipple option.  Having Mercer for first game would leave more time to prepare for Clemson.  not to mention the amount of injuries that can occur with playing triple option teams.

I actually like having GS first because of getting extra time to prepare for the triple O. GS is in no way a push over.

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

2017 is set up to be our year IMO if this staff stays in tact (except possibly Rhett - not a criticism of him, he's just expendable IMHO). Pick up a terrific JUCO linebacker or two and we should be golden.

We don't need juco LBs. We are only losing TJ Neal after this year barring attrition & the staff is planning to sign 4 high school LBs in this class. There is no plans for a juco LB at this time.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I really like there is a better split of week 1 & 2 noncon quality games in 2017 as opposed to this year where it was almost all week 1. In 2017 you have...

Week 1

Bama/FSU

Florida/Michigan

LSU/BYU

Vols/Ga. Tech

aTm @ UCLA

Week 2

Arky/ TCU

AU @ Clemson

UGA @ ND

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Having Mercer on the schedule is all sorts of embarrassing. I don't care if Alabama has them also, it's an embarrassment they are on the schedule.

There are only so many FBS cupcakes to go around each year. Sometimes you have to hold your nose and say "yes" to an FCS team.  What sucks is that bama gets them as their "off week" before the Iron Bowl. We, on the other hand, have to play a cupcake who actually plays real football that week.

Kudos to BYU for taking on 2 SEC teams in a single season.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

We don't need juco LBs. We are only losing TJ Neal after this year barring attrition & the staff is planning to sign 4 high school LBs in this class. There is no plans for a juco LB at this time.

Yep and IMO a quality JUCO LB would be nice for (e.g.) depth when Neal leaves since except for Toney, Tre Wms, Ritter(?) and James (DE/Buck mold), our LBs are Frosh or Sophs now.

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yep and IMO a quality JUCO LB would be nice for (e.g.) depth when Neal leaves since except for Toney, Tre Wms, Ritter(?) and James (DE/Buck mold), our LBs are Frosh or Sophs now.

Sophomores will be juniors next season. D. Williams and Davis are already 2 of our top 3 LBs and will be loaded with experience come next year. Same for Holland at Buck. Atkinson is getting quality reps. Threat and McBryde could yet. We'll be in better shape next year than we have been since the mid aughts, and we'll probably be in better shape than most teams in the SEC. 

Thank you for posting this. I like our schedule MUCH better next year. I always like starting the season with a softer opponent. It helps to work the kinks out without having to worry so much about losing the game. The other games are kind of spread out better also, with an off week before the tough end of the season run. I like it.

Archived