Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I've spent the last two years defending Gus and hoping he would at least make an effort to change his ways of coaching . But honestly how hard is it to defend a team that calls all of their plays within the 10 yards (between the line of scrimmage and the first down marker) even the passes are at the line of scrimmage. It's pretty easy basically it's run or a screen pass . I've defended him long enough and so has Jay Jacobs it's time for both of them to go 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

No wafflehouse tonight for Gus and gang.

He might need to looking in getting a job at Waffle House, after that performance.

10 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Didn't he just get an extension? What are the financial considerations? A lot goes in to firing a guy other than fans being mad. 

Doesn't matter

imagegif

11 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Didn't he just get an extension? What are the financial considerations? A lot goes in to firing a guy other than fans being mad. 

And if we do fire him Jacobs BETTER be gone with him! Basically we'll likely be paying more for his buyout b/c we have the dumbest AD in CFB!

4 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

i was a huge petrino supporter when they were hiring.   But im not one to say "i told you so" 

Me too. I got shelled for even suggesting it. 

4 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

i was a huge petrino supporter when they were hiring.   But im not one to say "i told you so" 

I tried to tell them what we were getting in coach doublebubble....i'll damn sure say it " I TOLD YOU SO"....

If Gus is gone, we need to go after the Houston coach. But cross that bridge when we get there. My favorite saying is be careful what you wish for. Gus's offense is all about the qb. JF III is the only qb available that is Taylor made for this offense. Gus needs to stick with him, period.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

A Win against LSU and the season can be turned around as crazy and unlikely as that might seem.

Jeez....I bet Napolean said something similar at Waterloo. 

1 minute ago, Tntigers said:

Time to find a coach.

Do think Gus could be a good to great coach some day, just no longer sure Auburn should be his proving grounds.

Just now, Weegle777 said:

Me too. I got shelled for even suggesting it. 

i mean,   top 10 coach  for a bargain.   i was told he met with Jay jacobs but it was very informal  and mostly a curtesy since he had personally inquired about the job at Auburn. But like you experienced most of the fan base would have rejected it. 

1 minute ago, Mustprotect said:

They should be on the phone with Petrino agent right now getting the deal done before the season ends.

You know, honestly, Petrino would be a fool to leave what he has created to come into this mess.

Archived