***Auburn 16 Texas A&M 29 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

LSU next week is a MUST WIN for Auburn to really have any chance of a decent year this season.

How's that realistic? Auburn's not hiring a guy best known for allowing his football players to commit mass rape of college women and then trying to cover it up.

Winning games fixes all I suppose 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Yes we have candy who's d can shut our nonexistent offense down and save Mason's job if we play this way

If we lose to Vandy at home, then Gus won't make it out of the stadium.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

You are correct this offense is not for SW. I agree and have been saying it all.summer.

I wish Gus had given more reps to JF3. That's the problem with a extended 3 way race. Nobody can really get a footing 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Sorry 23 but SW is "average" Bc of his coaching

Was it coaching that made him overthrow a wide open receiver, out on the flats, who had no one around him for 15 yards ?? 

OK - everything else is Gus's fault, but not that. 

1 minute ago, AURandy56 said:

This might rile some, or maybe a lot, of you up, but I'm going to throw out a name for HC possibility:

Lane Kiffen. 

Would probably get us on probation, but would definitely be a better coached and prepared team.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Sorry 23 but SW is "average" Bc of his coaching

I agree. SW just doesn't fit our offense. Like I have said even with JF3 limited knowledge of playbook he still gives us better shot to win.

2 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

This might rile some, or maybe a lot, of you up, but I'm going to throw out a name for HC possibility:

Lane Kiffen. 

Now that may be something to discuss.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree regarding JF3. Looks like he is a decent passer. But it is clear that he is behind regarding the offense. I too am asking how is that possible considering we only have like 10 plays. This just gets worse and worse.

And if the qb competition went on for so long and they were all treated as the #1 then what gives?

1 minute ago, Tiger41 said:

Barfield  is wanting reinstatement as HC and OC......

So not funny, well maybe a little.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I see that and that's a shame IMO. I've been a JF3 supporter but only b/c i was afraid of this and guess what...this is what we're seeing. Thus, why we might as well play JF3. Give him some 5-10 yard passes and see how it goes. I fully believe Gus is capable of creating an offense around SW but some reason he's failing to do so. I just don't get it. I just don't!

I totally agree .. I am not sure he has confidence in any of our QBs .. Hence the awful play calling ..I just wish he would tailor the game to the players.. 

Just now, mikeholiday said:

How good is Vandy this year? After so many consecutive top 15 classes, how the hell should it be even close

That is sad isn't it? We can't even pencil in a win against Vandy.

Just now, Never2Yield said:

Would probably get us on probation, but would definitely be a better coached and prepared team.

I don't think he would solve our qb woes. Alabama keeps pulling in consecutive 5 star qbs and they are starting a raw true freshman. 

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

I can't see the negative in trying at least. Gus needs more than what SW can give if he wants to save his job

Gus is screwing SW over IMO. Again i'll say i've been for JF3 b/c i've always felt like he can take us far but SW is not a bad QB IF  we actually had a competent OC. Since we don't...just put JF3 in and role the dice.  

12 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It's getting harder and harder to stay on the Gus Bus. Something isn't right and it's a clear pattern of regression. 

The gus bus has 4 flats.   I think his only chance of survival is to start Franklin. And I think white played the best he could.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

I agree. SW just doesn't fit our offense. Like I have said even with JF3 limited knowledge of playbook he still gives us better shot to win.

And IMO JF3 will not win us many games. Gus could've easily tailored an offense to SW but no he continues to make terrible playcalling decisions. One of the last drives was all on Sean but other than that, I mean heck benching KP almost the entire second half, just ridiculous coaching decisions

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Winning games fixes all I suppose 

I could see Auburn going after Petrino now that time has passed on his transgressions, but  In my opinion Briles is going to be untouchable as a college head coach for years if not the rest of his career.

Just now, mikeholiday said:

I don't think he would solve our qb woes. Alabama keeps pulling in consecutive 5 star qbs and they are starting a raw true freshman. 

He would fix it, he's a very good offense coach, see Eric Crompton.

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Was it coaching that made him overthrow a wide open receiver, out on the flats, who had no one around him for 15 yards ?? 

OK - everything else is Gus's fault, but not that. 

So one drive but what about the other 5+ drives? Just ridiculous, he put SW in no position to succeed

Just now, WeagleAU said:

I'm afraid Gus has no answers...repeat 2015

In over his head. Fine OC, when he's got the players, but man... getting him to scout the other team and creating a game plan that gives his offense the best chance to win and take what the D can give ... just not his bag. 

Archived