***Auburn 16 Texas A&M 29 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I do not think it matter who we start at QB.. CGM just can't put us in a position to win with the play calling .

BINGO! We have a winner!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

You're kidding, right ? SW's pass was WAY worse, At least JF3 got the ball down the field and scored on 2 drives. 

The critical one where the ball went through Hastings hands or the critical one that Davis dropped?

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

Don't matter who the QB is at this point when the OL can't hold the LOS. Both QBs had about 2 secs tops to throw passes. We couldn't take deep shots anywhere with collapsing pockets every single play. I'm off the bus, but will still support the team, but I can't defend Gus anymore. This is absolutely insane to continue to run a scheme without personnel to run it with.

Actually it does matter. SW gets sacked, JF3 can turn those OL breakdowns into big gains.

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

Same song,  second verse on post-game presser. Unbelievable.  "Lack of execution...young, inexperienced players...we've got to find a way to get better...inconsistent offense." The oxymoronic thing though...the playcalling was TOO CONSISTENT.

I'm so sick of these players are young and inexperienced excuse.   This "issue" does not seem to effect other programs

Just now, austudnt23 said:

U will see what JF3 can do Saturday.

Uve been the biggest JF3 pumper on this board other than frogg, for the sake of our season I hope you're right but I just don't see it

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

Especially in this climate. What Petrino did was never that bad morally. 

I disagree...strongly. He committed adultery. He lied. He set his employer up for what could have been an ugly and costly lawsuit. He let down the other coaches, the players and their families. And he hurt his own family in ways you cannot excuse. He might be a good coach in some ways but he's not a man with good character. That is just not something you can change in a grown man. 

Just now, austudnt23 said:

Actually it does matter. SW gets sacked, JF3 can turn those OL breakdowns into big gains.

This is true. JF3 can make a whole lot out of nothing, even in that bone headed 4&18 play.

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

After tonight I am afraid that Gus will lose the team.  

Auburn provides all of the assets any coach would want and look what that gets us under the current regime.  Sad time. 

WILL lose the team ?  The D plays like that, keeps aTm out of the endzone 4 / 5 times in the red zone, and then he goes for it on 4-3 ?? 

I think that ship has sailed. And it's only game # 3. Freaking 08 , all over again. 

I've said it a million times already, and tonight is more relevant. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE replace Leff with Horton! Let's actually make the most out of that great O-line class we got two years ago

Just now, WeagleAU said:

I'm so sick of these players are young and inexperienced excuse.   This "issue" does not seem to effect other programs

Yes, yes. It is a pattern that is continuing at AU. Like you said, it might carry weight if we weren't seeing other,  even lesser-ranked newbies, contribute and shine for their rival teams. Sure, not every 4-star transitions to the next level, but plenty do. 

10 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

You're kidding, right ? SW's pass was WAY worse, At least JF3 got the ball down the field and scored on 2 drives. 

Definitely not kidding. You must've missed every other pass he threw, including the drive he led on our 1st TD. I'm not here to say SW is the answer, but JF requires some "coaching up" before he gets wins over any SEC West teams...and last I recall Lashlee/Malzahn/Hand don't have a good track record of "coaching up" anyone.

Kodi at least told it straight..."shot ourselves in the foot"...#honestyhelps

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

Definitely not kidding. You must've missed every other pass he threw, including the drive he led on our 1st TD. I'm not here to say SW is the answer, but JF requires some "coaching up" before he leads to wins over any SEC West teams...and last I recall Lashlee/Malzahn/Hand don't have a good track record of "coaching up" anyone.

True

7 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

^^^^THIS^^^^

I don't understand all the down field throwing against Arky St (which worked fyi), and then we sit on it tonight. Not to mention we started out running good and then stopped bc stupid ass gimmick plays sounded like a better option. Granted the receivers did drop some passes which didn't help either. 

I am like most other people, even if we fire GM, where would we go from there???

And the when receivers start dropping his passes to end drives he gets benched.  Gus's problem has always been that he panics...he did that tonight w the whirlybird crap again and then pulled Sean when we need big chunks of yardage through the air quickly.  Play action on 3rd and 20+?  Come on.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is true. JF3 can make a whole lot out of nothing, even in that bone headed 4&18 play.

No it's not. You can't hang your hat on "hopefully since the QB is athletic he can scramble" plan. It would only be s matter of time and same result. If the OL was serviceable, I don't really think we'd even be having this discussion. 

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

No it's not. You can't hang your hat on "hopefully since the QB is athletic he can scramble" plan. It would only be s matter of time and same result. If the OL was serviceable, I don't really think we'd even be having this discussion. 

You are trying to say that JF3, with his speed, cannot make something out of anything? Really? I didn't say anything about him winning games, but If you are going to argue that the kid cannot improvise, then we might as well not even discuss this matter.

UGA just won a game they should have lost. That's 2 on the season for them. Not sure we have done that in a while. Coaching didn't help them either, but didn't hurt them like us. I feel our coaching is hurting us WAY more then helping us.

25 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Lane Kiffen sucks as a head coach.  Look at his head coaching record, not impressive by any means.

Can he be any worse than what AU has now?  

This might rile some, or maybe a lot, of you up, but I'm going to throw out a name for HC possibility:

Lane Kiffen. 

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Definitely not kidding. You must've missed every other pass he threw, including the drive he led on our 1st TD. I'm not here to say SW is the answer, but JF requires some "coaching up" before he gets wins over any SEC West teams...and last I recall Lashlee/Malzahn/Hand don't have a good track record of "coaching up" anyone.

SW had 3 quarters and how many times did he get inside the redzone? Thats a serious question because i am wondering that stat. I know we scored on one drive but i dont believe we got insode the redzone another time with SW today. JF3 had 2 drives 1 td and 1 that should have been a field goal.  

2 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

UGA just won a game they should have lost. That's 2 on the season for them. Not sure we have done that in a while. Coaching didn't help them either, but didn't hurt them like us. I feel our coaching is hurting us WAY more then helping us.

The lack of coaching is what is hurting us.

17 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I agree. SW just doesn't fit our offense. Like I have said even with JF3 limited knowledge of playbook he still gives us better shot to win.

I agree and, it's not Sean's fault.  It is Gus's fault.  Gus doesn't seem to be capable of any other style than hurry up, read option, power run, burn you with the pass if you bring too many up, style offense.  Gus is so inept at whatever you call this "style" of offense, it is just sad to watch.  Gus should play JFIII because, he can not coach any other way, not at this level.

Archived