***Auburn 16 Texas A&M 29 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

Was it coaching that made him overthrow a wide open receiver, out on the flats, who had no one around him for 15 yards ?? 

OK - everything else is Gus's fault, but not that. 

Was it Gus's fault JF overthrew his receiver by 20 yards on his 1st pass? JF isn't the savior...he's just the only one who can run the read option with any success. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

I could see Auburn going after Petrino now that time has passed on his transgressions, but  In my opinion Briles is going to be untouchable as a college head coach for years if not the rest of his career.

Especially in this climate. What Petrino did was never that bad morally. 

Just now, jknighton said:

Was it Gus's fault JF overthrew his receiver by 20 yards on his 1st pass? JF isn't the savior...he's just the only one who can run the read option with any success. 

Guy wasn't even open. Only one route that play and that guy was double covered. 100% blame Gus for keeping to trot out that stupid whirly bird play that has NEVER worked. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And IMO JF3 will not win us many games. Gus could've easily tailored an offense to SW but no he continues to make terrible playcalling decisions. One of the last drives was all on Sean but other than that, I mean heck benching KP almost the entire second half, just ridiculous coaching decisions

Agree. But at this point i think we'd be more competitive with JF3. But i agree we'd still lose a good bit of games with JF3 b/c just like how Gus is limiting SW he's doing the exact same with JF3. We're basically screwed either way.

Just now, Tiger41 said:

Sad listening to Gus on the radio.

I suggest you turn it off.

No disrespect.

After tonight I am afraid that Gus will lose the team.  

Auburn provides all of the assets any coach would want and look what that gets us under the current regime.  Sad time. 

8 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

This might rile some, or maybe a lot, of you up, but I'm going to throw out a name for HC possibility:

Lane Kiffen. 

Right now, it probably won´t rile that many folks.

Just now, Mike4AU said:

After tonight I am afraid that Gus will lose the team.  

Auburn provides all of the assets any coach would want and look what that gets us under the current regime.  Sad time. 

As he should. That was an embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

In over his head. Fine OC, when he's got the players, but man... getting him to scout the other team and creating a game plan that gives his offense the best chance to win and take what the D can give ... just not his bag. 

Developing quarterbacks is not his bag either. I feel sorry for these guys.

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

You're kidding, right ? SW's pass was WAY worse, At least JF3 got the ball down the field and scored on 2 drives. 

Same song,  second verse on post-game presser. Unbelievable.  "Lack of execution...young, inexperienced players...we've got to find a way to get better...inconsistent offense." The oxymoronic thing though...the playcalling was TOO CONSISTENT. Smh. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can just imagine people storming the field to chase him out. It would be THAT bad if we lost.

Good thing is that is a road game. Lol 

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Completed 2/3 of his passes...his coach played it too conservatively...gotta open it up.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I don't understand all the down field throwing against Arky St (which worked fyi), and then we sit on it tonight. Not to mention we started out running good and then stopped bc stupid ass gimmick plays sounded like a better option. Granted the receivers did drop some passes which didn't help either. 

I am like most other people, even if we fire GM, where would we go from there???

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

You're kidding, right ? SW's pass was WAY worse, At least JF3 got the ball down the field and scored on 2 drives. 

JF3 had one scoring drive?

Don't matter who the QB is at this point when the OL can't hold the LOS. Both QBs had about 2 secs tops to throw passes. We couldn't take deep shots anywhere with collapsing pockets every single play. I'm off the bus, but will still support the team, but I can't defend Gus anymore. This is absolutely insane to continue to run a scheme without personnel to run it with.

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Guy wasn't even open. Only one route that play and that guy was double covered. 100% blame Gus for keeping to trot out that stupid whirly bird play that has NEVER worked. 

That's what concerns me about JF...he acts like the moment is too big. He could've underthrown it and completed it, or took off and ran, but he decided to try and hit the scoreboard instead.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And IMO JF3 will not win us many games. Gus could've easily tailored an offense to SW but no he continues to make terrible playcalling decisions. One of the last drives was all on Sean but other than that, I mean heck benching KP almost the entire second half, just ridiculous coaching decisions

U will see what JF3 can do Saturday.

I'm so disappointed right now I really have no words. Some part of me actually thought we were going to win tonight and turn this thing around. And now, I just want the season over with and a coaching search to begin.

2 minutes ago, Tiger41 said:

Sad listening to Gus on the radio.

Same ole same ole ? It should sound sad. Gus has no excuse losing to the likes of Summlin. This is pathetic. Gus ran THE MOST MORONIC plays in the 1st quarter. Did he explain the pulling guard to block Garrett ? Unconscionable. 

So was not kicking the FG ... You move the offense down the field, you give them SOMETHING to hang their hats on, ANYTHING. 

Archived