"Follow the MONEY $ $ $"

WarTim

What GREAT timing. Young's trial get started up just as recruiting is winding down.

I bet those uaters are wigglin' in their seats more than a little. Just think how that Mother or Grandmother is being answered when she asks questions about all of this "stuff" from the uat "staff" ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Since we cant be punished for it anymore...and the good ole NCAA went ahead and assumed guilt without proof, it can only get better for us.

If he's found 100% guilty, then we are no worse for it. Everyone has chastised us for it anyway. But if he's not guilty, then you guys got some splainin to do.

I know I know...he's still guilty. Even if the FBI and Federal Grand Jury case cant prove it...he's guilty because you guys dont like alabama.

Since we cant be punished for it anymore...and the good ole NCAA went ahead and assumed guilt without proof, it can only get better for us.

If he's found 100% guilty, then we are no worse for it. Everyone has chastised us for it anyway. But if he's not guilty, then you guys got some splainin to do.

I know I know...he's still guilty. Even if the FBI and Federal Grand Jury case cant prove it...he's guilty because you guys dont like alabama.

141348[/snapback]

My only question about this is........Is there a possibility for them (NCAA, FBI, IRS, Grand Jury, Judge Joe Brown, or Judge Judy) to uncover any more wrong doings by the University and/or Coaching staff??? Maybe like stuff done in the Gene Stallings' days or here recently...........Or, are they just worried about the task at hand (trying to convict Young)?

141348[/snapback]

Don't see how WE would have any "splainin" to do, either way. We can just sit back and wait for our moment in the NCAA crosshairs.

Certainly uat is guilty. Everyone already KNOWS that FACT. I am interested to see what "else" is brought to light in this fun atmosphere! ! ! :D:lol:

I read the article on al.com about the jury selection and thought you all might enjoy the following passage:

Jurors were asked their views on legalized gambling and lifestyle behavior. In a more obscure twist, many jurors were asked if they had a favorite college team. One juror, who confessed his allegiance to Tennessee, was excused.

In this instance, I do not see how there could be additional reprecussions for Alabama. The punishment was delivered, and BAMA is serving the time. The focus on this case is the possibility of criminal actions by a "booster" who has already been dis-associated from the University.

BamaGrad, many things are factual, but proving them in a court of law is another matter. Just ask O.J. Simpson.

Despite a lot of frustration generated by the justice system, it is by design tilted in favor of the accused. This is done to bias against conviction of the innocent.

Bama people have two prayers: that nothing comes out of all this to point to Lack of Institutional Control (yeah, I know the NCAA has already given you a free pass on further punishment, but no one at Bama wants the institution besmirched) and that something will come out of this that splatters Tennessee (doubtful).

Quite frankly, I doubt if Young is convicted of anything. Anyone with his money and mind set should be able to launder money as white as snow. Despite all the publicity, I have not seen any indication that there IS a money trail.

I couldn't care less how Young makes out. The University has admitted wrongdoing and that's enough for me.

In this instance, I do not see how there could be additional reprecussions for Alabama.  The punishment was delivered, and BAMA is serving the time.  The focus on this case is the possibility of criminal actions by a "booster" who has already been dis-associated from the University.

141374[/snapback]

That "dis-associated" :lol: "booster" sits in a skybox at every uat game! :big:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Auburn is well aware of the unfairness of the NCAA. Auburn basketball is on probation now because the NCAA doesn't like AAU basketball and Auburn was convenient. Auburn got its first taste in of NCAA justice in 1956 when Auburn responded to a cross state rival's bid for a recuruit and was placed on two years probation. Two years later, on completely trumped up charges, Auburn was again placed on probation. Auburn tennis was hammered for allowing the parent of a tennis player to stay in the motel room with the coach. The NCAA is an arrogant rouge organization that needs to be brought to heel.

But it was never a problem until Alabama got caught, was it?

Nice post rt. I think Bama can only get good news from this trial( if you can call it that).

I also doubt that Young can be convicted of anything. The dude Lang seems pretty sleazy to me and he seems to be the main witness the state is counting on. But like rt said if he does get off, it doesn't really mean he didn't do what they claim he did. It just means they didn't have the goods to convict him in a court of law.

It's fun to make fun of Bama and the situation theyve been in the last few years and the position they will be in for the next few. That being said, I'd be a little torqued if these things had happened at Auburn. Kinda like Bama fans would be a little peeved at being 13-0 and left out of the big MNC game.

I think the moral of this story seems to be: Don't cooperate with the NCAA when they come calling. Let them find their own witnesses to hang you with and don't admit to anything.

I agree that there is probably more potential for good than harm for UA in the trial. Since most everyone except a few die-hard Tide fans already assumes Young is guilty, it seems like his reputation and the UA's have no where to go but up.

..except for one thing--if the trial opens up a big can of worms relating to other situations like this:

The government concluded the day's proceedings with a motion to include additional evidence. The government wants to admit the testimony of Duke Clement, a Young friend, who claims the defendant boasted that he was involved in sending another Memphis prospect, Kindal Moorehead, to Alabama. The defense disputed the testimony as two inebriated friends trying to top each other during a night on the town.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1106648406196790.xml

I'm still not sure the NCAA would go any further--I think they've pretty much washed their hands of the Memphis situation--but unearthing a long-time, widespread program of buying recruits would still hurt the University's reputation beyond what damage has already been done. And the timing, just before Signing Day, isn't the best for them either.

[...not saying such widespread buying of players existed, just saying such a discovery could still do further harm.]

I agree that nothing "new" will come from this trial and that uat will not suffer, legally anyway, from it.

It is GREAT fun to watch 'em wallow in the whole "uat good old boy thing" for a while longer. :big:

Momma's, don't let your sons grow up to be rednecks. :lol:

141348[/snapback]

What 'splainin do we have to do?

I don't care one way or the other if Young is guilty. At this point it doesn't matter. bama admitted guilt so case is closed and time served.

Where this hurts bama now is having your name continuing to be raised in the media in a negative way.

[...not saying such widespread buying of players existed, just saying such a discovery could still do further harm.]

141408[/snapback]

I don't know about "buying" players to come to bama but I can stand you before a Captain of bama's FB team during Bryant's early years at bama who will tell you players were paid, including himself. At least he has told me that as a friend face to face.

Where this hurts bama now is having your name continuing to be raised in the media in a negative way.

My thoughts exactly........I mean, bammer's still having it's name Druged through the Mudd and Cow Manuer.........Man, must Suck to be them......Wait......Yea, It does Suck to be them.....

Bama didnt admit guilt to this. You guys need to get your head out of the sand. Go back and read our response.

Just because you admit to stealing a car doesnt mean you are automatically guilty of murder.

And my question is this...if he is found not guilty...why is it that you AUTOMATICALLY assume guilt anyway?

"Well he did it because I hate alabama" Thats a very blind way to look at it.

If they cant find a money trail, they cant prove he did it, he is CLEARED in the state of tennessee...and they ONLY testimony they have to go on is a guy who you all have admitted is a sleazy character...what in the hell makes him guilty? He cant be guilty because you say so. Thats not good enough.

Anything to do with bama - Innocent means guilty...and guilty means guilty.

You guys AUTOMATICALLY take Milton Kirk and Lynn Lang's "word" for it? Thats crap and you know it. Ohhhh maybe because Fulmer said we did it...yeah he's a model of honesty and integrity. Give me a break guys.

Wow BG..........Is that Blavod, Gray Goose, or Absolute in your Kool-Aid? Anyone that's been involved with any kind of College Athletics, or knows someone that has, knows that the alot of the Top players are paid in some way......The ones that aren't Top players are, some of the times, paid to keep quiet. Period. I for one, as well as my Roomate Jumbo, played Football for the Univ. of West Alabama (Livingston Univ.)......Even at that tiny Univ. we were paid. Not necessarily by money, but by other means.....It happens nearly everywhere except AU, of course, since Tubbs has been here.......Logan was caught, end of story.......Now if they don't find a Money Trail does that mean he's innocent? No..........There are ways to Burn any kind of Trail, and a man with that kinda Money can certainly figure one out......Who cares? I really don't.......Except that bammer got caught, and I Really Can't stand 'em, is the only reason why I care........

You aren't getting to this point without there being more evidence than just Kirk and Lane saying it happened. There has to be far more evidence in order to get it in front of a jury.

Think back to when all this hit. It wasn't just Kirk and Lane making accusations, there were several coaches that recruited the Memphis area, including Noel Mazzone, that said Means was being offered up to the highest bidder. Mazzone was contacted while coaches from Michigan State, Arkansas, UGA all confirmed that Means was on the bidding block for Roger Clemens type money. Means openly said he would have gone anywhere his coach told him to go and guess what...he wound up at Alabama. All the fingers pointed to the one guy that has been at every reporting day for freshman players at Alabama, surveying them proudly like newly purchased cattle...Logan Young.

I guess that even though Mean's coaches were trying to sell him like prime beef to everyone else, they had a change of heart and encouraged him to go to the school that would truly be best for him. How Logan Young's name ever got mixed up in this, I'll never know.

You know DKW, the Alabama crowd claimed for years they never cheated. But we knew better. In Ivan Maisel's book about the 2000 season, he said that the rumor was that Alabama had crossed the line. I wrote him a letter to correct him. They real rumor was that they were so blatant this time, the NCAA could not hold its nose any longer.

Bama didnt admit guilt to this. You guys need to get your head out of the sand. Go back and read our response.

Just because you admit to stealing a car doesnt mean you are automatically guilty of murder.

And my question is this...if he is found not guilty...why is it that you AUTOMATICALLY assume guilt anyway?

"Well he did it because I hate alabama" Thats a very blind way to look at it.

If they cant find a money trail, they cant prove he did it, he is CLEARED in the state of tennessee...and they ONLY testimony they have to go on is a guy who you all have admitted is a sleazy character...what in the hell makes him guilty? He cant be guilty because you say so. Thats not good enough.

Anything to do with bama - Innocent means guilty...and guilty means guilty.

You guys AUTOMATICALLY take Milton Kirk and Lynn Lang's "word" for it? Thats crap and you know it. Ohhhh maybe because Fulmer said we did it...yeah he's a model of honesty and integrity. Give me a break guys.

141417[/snapback]

Coach Fulmer has not been found guilty of ANYTHING.

uat, on the otherhand, well...you know the REST of the GUILTY story ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived