so how many star recruits do we lose?

aubiefifty

people are waking up to gus some now. one brilliant year and several bad years after each good year is not my idea of a great coaching record. so if kids think the coaches are dummies then do they not have the right to leave? and how can we continue to recruit in the top five regularly or top ten most years anyway. some of these kids are hoping for a big nfl contract and if auburn does not promote the ability to use these kids as their talent demands then how many do we lose once the season is over? so if you sign up to play for an offensive guru and they look like a deer caught in the headlights can you expect them to stay? not me. i am so tired of the auburn little brother thing.spend the money you got and get the best you can. and before you boys and mods trash me remember we hire someone and get our d on track and our mighty guru cannot run basic plays and win games? every year it is something bad we cannot seem to overcome. sorry but that is coaching and we are lacking in too many areas and i am sick of it.

If you're so down on Gus, why would you care if recruits jump ship? According to your line of thinking we won't win with Gus here anyway so it doesn't matter who signs with Auburn and who doesn't.

Well I would think you'd care because Auburn will still be here and if there was a coaching change you'd want talent on the roster as opposed to not having any

I think that we are on to something. Not sure what it is, but it is what it is and deserves our full attention as we figure out what we are going to do with it once we decide what it is and be able to act on it before another team acts on it. This has the potential to be a real game changer in the hands of a team that can act on it once they decide what it is. Waiting too late to act on it will result in being behind the 8-ball.

Recruiting is a funny business. If your O is not performing well you can sell the chance of early PT if it is doing well you can sell joining a winning team. Some recruits come because they just love Auburn or because a GF goes to Auburn. I used to try and figure if a coaching change helped recruiting hurt recruiting and if a good season helped recruiting or hurt recruiting. Some kids like hype recruiting some like business as usual recruiting.

Over the years I have decided there are so many variables that there is no hard and fast rule other then the recruiters themselves. Some guys are better at it than others. Some guys can talk with a recruit and know to sell academics, family vibe, facilities, chance to get to next level. The really good recruiters don't use the same pitch to each kid as they know each kid is different. I think the ability to understand what a kid is looking for then showing that your school can provide that is what separates good recruiters. 

So whether our O improves and if not if we change some O coaches how the coaches sell the program is what will determine whether we lose any of our current commits or add more commits to this class.

Archived