Auburn-LSU Score Prediction

AUDynasty

It's only Wednesday but I can't wait. 

Based on your understanding and interpretation of past three games, what's your take on this weekend?

I take Auburn 23-20 on a 44-yard Daniel Carlson's game-winning FG as time expires. 

War Eagle!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU 14 - LSU 0

Auburn's defense says "To heck with this mess" and not only holds LSU's offense to a goose-egg (though Fournette gains 175 yards between the 10's) but they get both of AU's scores on a fumble recovery return and pick-six.

Auburn's offense says "Sorry we suck.  Thank you defense."

TAM sent us in a tailspin. We need a win desperately. You could tell in his conference call that Gus is feeling the heat. 

This LSU game reminds me of the UGA game last year...at home against a team we can beat...

A win would stick a band-aid on the wound.

I say we win 20-17. Not sure how but that is what I am going with...

Best Case = AU finds Identity on Offense and LSU still can't get out of their own way    AU 28  LSU 7

Worst Case = LSU finds Identity of Offense and AU still can't get out of our own way which effects defense   LSU 41  AU 7

Most Likely = Ugly, low scoring embarrassment to both universities   LSU 10  AU 6 

LSU 23-19

I think we get tough and make it close, but I really can't imagine AU pulling off the win this weekend. I haven't given up on the team, but this opening stretch is just too big for them.

All I want this weekend is to see the fight they showed in the 2013 Tiger Bowl, win or lose.

You can count on Auburn's defense remembering well what happened last year.  I expect the defensive line and Trey Matthews in particular to come out swinging.  On the fence on how our offense does.  I won't give a score but I say Auburn wins.

As crazy as this year has started, this just seems like one of those games that Gus pulls out of his hat and wins by multiple scores, like the last time LSU came to JH.  That was probably the last time we were dominant in all 3 phases of the game the entire game.  Man that was fun. Here is hoping we see a repeat performance.

As far as prediction goes, based on the body of work:

Head Pick:
LSU 27 - 14

Gut Pick:
Auburn 33 - 17

Pretty much impossible to guess this game, imo.

i want to think that Gus will have it together, in which case we either run away with it or win in a tight one. (31-21 auburn) 

but history shows me that Gus will not have it together and will still kill drives. In that case, if LF gets going I guess we're done for. (31-10 LSU at the half) 

time to see where the offense is at, may be the last chance I'm giving. And I feel like I've already been one of the nicer parts of the fanbase this past week.

I recall going in 2002 Auburn-LSU game, where we were just starting Jason Campbell and we just dominated them in every aspect of the game, winning 31-7. That quarterback for LSU threw three interceptions in his first five passes. A very good day that day for us. Our D is going to need to force turnovers.

If Sean plays more than half the game, and Gus does not change the offensive gameplan from the TAM game  LSU 30  Aub 13.

If JF3 plays over half the game before it gets out of hand, it's a toss-up.

If we have the same TAM gameplan on offense, we score 7-10 points by halftime, LSU makes defensive adjustments, Gus does not make O adjustments, we have several 3 and outs in the 3rd quarter, our defense gets tired as a result. A huge dose of Fornette and LSU pulls away. Tuesday next week Gus apologizes to us AU fans and says we are close; we will get it turned around cause that's what he thinks we want to hear, and I sit disgusted in front of the TV, shaking my head at everything he says. It was much more enjoyable when I could not predict the outcome of AU football games.>:(

45 minutes ago, fredst said:

3-2. And, I think that this is a realistic guess based upon the offensive capability displayed by each team.

Memories of the Thursday night Auburn/Mississippi State game in 2008?

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Auburn 2-0

Neither team gets far enough into the oppositions territory to even try a FG

;)~

That's bad 'cause DC is good from 55.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

If Sean plays more than half the game, and Gus does not change the offensive gameplan from the TAM game  LSU 30  Aub 13.

If JF3 plays over half the game before it gets out of hand, it's a toss-up.

If we have the same TAM gameplan on offense, we score 7-10 points by halftime, LSU makes defensive adjustments, Gus does not make O adjustments, we have several 3 and outs in the 3rd quarter, our defense gets tired as a result. A huge dose of Fornette and LSU pulls away. Tuesday next week Gus apologizes to us AU fans and says we are close; we will get it turned around cause that's what he thinks we want to hear, and I sit disgusted in front of the TV, shaking my head at everything he says. It was much more enjoyable when I could not predict the outcome of AU football games.>:(

Gus's 3rd quarter vanishing act has always been a mystery to me. Where does he go in the 3rd? The most blatant examples were the 2013 UGA and FSU games, but it seems rare we score any points in the 3rd.

Archived