So Rick Neuheisel...

Charleston Tiger

As much as I like his offense Briles should be banned from football! Attorney screws up they lose their license so why not coaches. Banned for life! Smh 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ncaajunkie said:

As much as I like his offense Briles should be banned from football! Attorney screws up they lose their license so why not coaches. Banned for life! Smh 

I think the facts of this case are a tad more complex than this, dude.

Well if that's the case, what have you screwed up on?  You are banned for life.  We give players all the chances in the world and you never say a word.   By your logic, cam would never have gotten back into school

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

They certainly are, but the fact remains that Briles was fired (as were Starr, the AD, and others in some form or fashion) because of it.  So if and until Briles and his football program is exonerated; I don't think it is a good idea for AU to hire Art Briles in any capacity.  I am as much of a win it all cost guy as anyone when it comes to hiring A-holes like Saban, Petrino, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc.  Heck, I get bashed on this board so saying, correctly, that AU is a football factory in terms of athletics.  But I draw the line on something like this.  Briles may be innocent, but at the moment it has not been proven that he is.  If he is proven innocent,  then I will be all aboard the hire Briles train because he is a good football coach.   

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

They certainly are, but the fact remains that Briles was fired (as were Starr, the AD, and others in some form or fashion) because of it.  So if and until Briles and his football program is exonerated; I don't think it is a good idea for AU to hire Art Briles in any capacity.  I am as much of a win it all cost guy as anyone when it comes to hiring A-holes like Saban, Petrino, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc.  Heck, I get bashed on this board so saying, correctly, that AU is a football factory in terms of athletics.  But I draw the line on something like this.  Briles may be innocent, but at the moment it has not been proven that he is.  If he is proven innocent,  then I will be all aboard the hire Briles train because he is a good football coach.   

Fired and then paid a hefty portion of his $40 million buyout.  That alone should raise eyebrows.  If Baylor were so confident of his negligence or misconduct, they'd never have settled with him.  And this week a judge dropped him from a lawsuit brought by one of the victims.  

I'm not saying hire him, but there are ways to dig and find out the real dirt on someone without needing to wait on any official proceedings to come to a meandering finish.

Ugh... Society has gotten so soft nowadays. People getting crucified without facts...some of you all assume to much. Also, a lot of you all are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet. WDE 

34 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Wow some people just can't come get it that everyone outside of auburn university thinks we are cheaters.     The perception will never change.   We are one of the most penalized schools in the history of college athletics 

It could be worse, we could be Bammer.  They are also one of the most penalized schools in college history.

oh wait, actually Bammer has it better, at least they have a history of officials willing to turn a blind eye to their improprieties.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Fired and then paid his full buyout.  That alone should raise eyebrows.  And this week a judge dropped him from a lawsuit brought by one of the victims.  

I'm not saying hire him, but there are ways to dig and find out the real dirt on someone without needing to wait on any official proceedings to come to a meandering finish.

Fair enough.  But after lecturing Petrino during a phone interview in 2012 about how he conducted himself (going by what Scarbinsky wrote), AU will look really hypocritical if Art Briles is hired before he has been cleared.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Fair enough.  But after lecturing Petrino during a phone interview in 2012 about how he conducted himself (going by what Scarbinsky wrote), AU will look really hypocritical if Art Briles is hired before he has been cleared.

Perhaps.  But then again, I think Jay was an idiot for lecturing CBP about that on the phone.  If you aren't interested in him for the job, you simply decline to interview him.  You don't hop on the phone to deliver a sermon to him.  Petrino's pastor, close friends, parents, etc are in position to do that.  Jay Jacobs is just a potential employer.  Know your role.

lionheart you make a good point. and gwill i will b e as delusional as i want. you cab post all that mess you want but in the very end it comes down to class. if i wanted to be a classless idiot that just wanted to win period i would be a bummer fan. but i am not. i love my university. when i say that i include the town and everything. and lots of folks i grew up with around auburn would die to know a suspected rapist was being considered for any position. and hell yes i want to win as much as anyone. it is like if you cheat to win and you do win is it really a win? sorry but you boys need to read the creed again. i got no problem with pot smokers or even petty thievery peeps getting a second chance. rape is a crime of VIOLENCE. it hurts people. sorry i do not care for it and auburn deserves better. and i am pretty much done with giving gus all these chances. you bring briles in you get gus for another year. and what if that fails? besides what about all the horror some fans show for domestic abusers getting second chances? they are both abuse. they are both violent crimes unless you do some kind of date drug crap/ why am i even having to defend this? let briles prove his innocence. or lets see what all these lawyers have regarding info that cannot wait to sue him.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

So I guess it's ok to hire someone with zero morals and not an ethical person? Not me

Bobby Petrino, Pete Carroll, Jim Tressel, Joe Paterno was never banned from coaching college football as far as I know. Why should Art Briles be banned after what they did.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lionheart you make a good point. and gwill i will b e as delusional as i want. you cab post all that mess you want but in the very end it comes down to class. if i wanted to be a classless idiot that just wanted to win period i would be a bummer fan. but i am not. i love my university. when i say that i include the town and everything. and lots of folks i grew up with around auburn would die to know a suspected rapist was being considered for any position. and hell yes i want to win as much as anyone. it is like if you cheat to win and you do win is it really a win? sorry but you boys need to read the creed again. i got no problem with pot smokers or even petty thievery peeps getting a second chance. rape is a crime of VIOLENCE. it hurts people. sorry i do not care for it and auburn deserves better. and i am pretty much done with giving gus all these chances. you bring briles in you get gus for another year. and what if that fails? besides what about all the horror some fans show for domestic abusers getting second chances? they are both abuse. they are both violent crimes unless you do some kind of date drug crap/ why am i even having to defend this? let briles prove his innocence. or lets see what all these lawyers have regarding info that cannot wait to sue him.

Who did Briles supposedly rape?

well bird earlier i said he was enabler. thought you might understand that one.. ok i am done...........bring on the next subject.

17 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

And that makes you a hypocrite. 

12 minutes ago, ncaajunkie said:

So I guess it's ok to hire someone with zero morals and not an ethical person? Not me

No, what I'm saying is that you are not keeping up with the facts of the case if you are so quick to say he has zero morals and is not an ethical person.  Start here:

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sources-question-whether-BU-sexual-assault-investigation-was-flawed-392649461.html

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love my university. when i say that i include the town and everything. and lots of folks i grew up with around auburn would die to know a suspected rapist was being considered for any position. and hell yes i want to win as much as anyone.

Briles isn't a rapist or a suspected rapist.  Now you're just being ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is like if you cheat to win and you do win is it really a win? sorry but you boys need to read the creed again. i got no problem with pot smokers or even petty thievery peeps getting a second chance. rape is a crime of VIOLENCE. it hurts people. sorry i do not care for it and auburn deserves better. and i am pretty much done with giving gus all these chances. you bring briles in you get gus for another year. and what if that fails? besides what about all the horror some fans show for domestic abusers getting second chances? they are both abuse. they are both violent crimes unless you do some kind of date drug crap/ why am i even having to defend this? let briles prove his innocence. or lets see what all these lawyers have regarding info that cannot wait to sue him.

You seem confused.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well bird earlier i said he was enabler. thought you might understand that one.. ok i am done...........bring on the next subject.

Even if that were true, which it isn't, that doesn't make him a rapist...which is what you said or at least implied. The fact is he removed the players as soon as he knew about their accusations. Basically he did exactly what Gus has been lauded for in the Rice situation/handling 

no sir that makes you an idiot since you want to call names. we are talking violent and non violent. simple. and if the man was so innocent they sure got rid of him in a hurry. you another one of those that think rape is just rough sex or something? why you want to defend someone until everything has been decided. now you boys are just trying to make me mad. sorry. i will stand for class and honor any day. lets hope you never have to understand what a rape or even a victim of molestation goes through. try sleeping with a woman who had been raped from 4 to 16. try waking at night to your wife screaming and crying in a little girls voice. it is a horror that keeps on giving even after the deed is done. i have seen it with three people in my life. it certainly ruined my sister for her whole life. and in a day and time when stanford swimmers serve a what a week or three at the most? sorry rape and the rape culture are alive and well. and if one person got raped and some idiot said she deserved it i would lose my mind. i do not want any of that mess at auburn and i am not going to feel bad for my stand on this. maybe we should move on?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

no sir that makes you an idiot since you want to call names. we are talking violent and non violent. simple. and if the man was so innocent they sure got rid of him in a hurry. you another one of those that think rape is just rough sex or something? why you want to defend someone until everything has been decided. now you boys are just trying to make me mad. sorry. i will stand for class and honor any day. lets hope you never have to understand what a rape or even a victim of molestation goes through. try sleeping with a woman who had been raped from 4 to 16. try waking at night to your wife screaming and crying in a little girls voice. it is a horror that keeps on giving even after the deed is done. i have seen it with three people in my life. it certainly ruined my sister for her whole life. and in a day and time when stanford swimmers serve a what a week or three at the most? sorry rape and the rape culture are alive and well. and if one person got raped and some idiot said she deserved it i would lose my mind. i do not want any of that mess at auburn and i am not going to feel bad for my stand on this. maybe we should move on?

@aubiefifty

If you're going to continue slinging groundless accusations around at bird and others here, you're going to get a few days' vacation.  

whatever happened briles was part of the staff when it happened. lets see for sure who is guilty of what. auburn did good with our tightend being removed. i hope we continue to be more cautious than sorry.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Briles isn't a rapist or a suspected rapist.  Now you're just being ridiculous.

You seem confused.

yes i am. a man was removed from a major uni where the reason was he covered up for his players right or wrong. you people want to win so bad you will throw your morals out the window to get it. i remember when that was an exclusive bummer thing and auburn fans made fun of it. why take a chance? let him have his day in court and then come talk to me. and if you people do not think the press would have a field then hold on to your behind if they hire him.

I think you missed the point that there were only two players that had accusations levied against them. The rest were Title IX complaints about other students.The players were dealt with and never once stepped on the field as Bears. This was a Title IX office and administrative problem.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

whatever happened briles was part of the staff when it happened. lets see for sure who is guilty of what. auburn did good with our tightend being removed. i hope we continue to be more cautious than sorry.

That is a far cry from calling him a suspected rapist.  According to the facts we know, Briles did exactly what Gus did...he removed the players from the team as soon as he found out about the allegations.  You're tossing out some huge claims and throwing some pretty shady stuff at people here over stuff that doesn't align with what we know about the situation.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i am. a man was removed from a major uni where the reason was he covered up for his players right or wrong. you people want to win so bad you will throw your morals out the window to get it. i remember when that was an exclusive bummer thing and auburn fans made fun of it. why take a chance? let him have his day in court and then come talk to me. and if you people do not think the press would have a field then hold on to your behind if they hire him.

Let me put it this way:  Briles had a $40 million buyout on his contract that was through 2023.  Baylor settled with him for a hefty portion of that.  Does that sound like the actions of a school that really believed they had a coach caught in serious misconduct?  If they did, they could have fired him "for cause" the way we did Sonny Golloway and not paid him a dime.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

@aubiefifty

If you're going to continue slinging groundless accusations around at bird and others here, you're going to get a few days' vacation.  

I believe he was talking to DAG.

Archived