Plainsman Park Upgrades

RunInRed

Widely regarded as one of the top college baseball venues in the country, Auburn’s Samford Stadium-Hitchcock Field at Plainsman Park will receive several enhancements prior to the 2017 season.

“Plainsman Park has stood the test of time,” Auburn head coach Butch Thompson said. “It was 2003’s National Ballpark of the Year, has endured and is still one of the best. I’m thankful going into my first full year for the commitment of the university to enhance our timeless ballpark.”

A previous winner of Baseball America’s “Ballpark of the Year”, Plainsman Park will see several exciting upgrades introduced in time for the 2017 season.

Most notable will be the construction of a new state-of-the-art high-definition video board in left-centerfield. Measuring 24’0” x 62’4”, the new video board project will also include a new and improved ballpark sound system aimed at enhancing fan experience.

Additionally, Auburn will replace the stadium’s chair back seating as well as adding a new LED light system.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/092216aab.html

Happy to see this.  IMO we have been living off the award that is now 13 years old...and meanwhile there have been some huge facility upgrades in the SEC to the extent that some folks consider us to be in the bottom half of the league now....especially in the west where Bama, LSU, Miss State, Arky and Ole Miss have minor league quality facilities now.  

As noted, some seating over the green monster would be nice though like with football I guess, until there is a ticket shortage it's hard to make a case for more seating except that our present seating capacity puts us at a disadvantage when we get back to the point that we are in the running for NCAA regionals.

On 9/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, ellitor said:

I still want seats over the green monster like Fenway.

I agree 100%!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gonna post this til it happens.

On 9/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, ellitor said:

I still want seats over the green monster like Fenway.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gonna post this til it happens.

I sent Butch a tweet on the subject. ;)

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Market it as the Eagle's Nest

Would it block the view of the folks watching the game for free from the parking deck?  Can't let that happen....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Would it block the view of the folks watching the game for free from the parking deck?  Can't let that happen....

Nope!

Archived