Malzahn possibly not calling plays

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'll take it...the last game we won against a P5 team was also coached by Lashlee it seems. 

LOL.  I saw that too.  I guess Gus being "more hands on" lasted all of three games.

wde

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I guess Gus realized his job is more important than his pride

Not sure turning over the keys to his nice new BMW to his clip board carrying GA is the way to go though.

wde

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I need more than Jack Crowe's twitter feed. Can't hardly believe how many folks have jumped on this stuff from Crowe and run with it.

It really is amazing isn't it.  People see something posted and immediately take it as entirely accurate without questioning any of it. 

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I need more than Jack Crowe's twitter feed. Can't hardly believe how many folks have jumped on this stuff from Crowe and run with it.

The 247 article stated that the same thing happened vs TAMU last year, which I suppose made it seem more realistic

The OP said "possibly" so I don't think anyone is taking it as fact at this point.  Just discussing the "possibility" of it being true.  

wde

25 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

The OP said "possibly" so I don't think anyone is taking it as fact at this point.  Just discussing the "possibility" of it being true.  

wde

It's been splattered all over AU board from Scout to RIvals to SEC Rant to here. Reckon I just got tired of seeing it, whether just discussing he possibility or not.  Frankly, I don't see the possibility after the way Malzahn said all summer and coming into fall that he was done being a CEO type coach and was going to be more hands on with the offense than last season. But hey, Crowe could be like a blind hog rooting up and acorn and have it right. I just doubt it seriously.

41 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Me too! Can someone please confirm or deny this. Man those who have really good sources would be very useful right now. I know i should've started drinking earlier!

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

The way I look at this is Gus is CRL's mentor. How much change could there  be?

That's my thinking as well. We're still going to get horrible playcalling but just in different order. Maybe we'll go: 1st down Whirlybird, 2nd down WR screen, 3rd down dive and 4th down punt :dunno:

Marcello just wrote a little story about it on 24/7 using Crowe as his source.  I don't know how much "evidence" he needs to publish a story, but he put it out there with his name on it.  

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Maybe it's true.  CGM setting Rhett up  for an OC swap?  

That's how i'm seeing it at the moment. I hope Rhett totally shocks us and we see the playcalling be a lot different but considering he's been carrying out the teacher's instructions for so long not sure if i can really expect a huge change. 

14 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Marcello just wrote a little story about it on 24/7 using Crowe as his source.  I don't know how much "evidence" he needs to publish a story, but he put it out there with his name on it.  

PM also made a post and said they couldn't confirm it but he did reference Crowe having his connections 

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

LOL.  I saw that too.  I guess Gus being "more hands on" lasted all of three games.

wde

Set them up...to knock them down

I just won $30,000,000 on a lotto ticket. War Damn Freedom! I'll be off the coast of Cosa Rica catching Marlin if you need me. :hellyeah:

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I just won $30,000,000 on a lotto ticket. War Damn Freedom! I'll be off the coast of Cosa Rica catching Marlin if you need me. :hellyeah:

Buyout Gus for us please?

Just now, War Knight said:

Buyout Gus for us please?

As long as they name the video board "FreemanVision". Lol

Archived