Malzahn possibly not calling plays

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I just won $30,000,000 on a lotto ticket. War Damn Freedom! I'll be off the coast of Cosa Rica catching Marlin if you need me. :hellyeah:

My new best friend!!! Let's grab a beer...lol.

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I just won $30,000,000 on a lotto ticket. War Damn Freedom! I'll be off the coast of Cosa Rica catching Marlin if you need me. :hellyeah:

30 million and a trip to Costa Rica? You're now officially an AU bag man. Go get us the best QB Costa Rica has to offer! 

If you have enough left over, sign us up a new OC!

2 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

these assclowns need to be let go as soon as LSU finishes kicking our ass

You're an Auburn fan? Give up awful dang early, don't ya?

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

You're an Auburn fan? Give up awful dang early, don't ya?

Lots of folks gave up back in August I think.  

We don't know if it's true or not but there's one thing we do know. RL is getting paid $600K/year and he damn sure SHOULD be able to run this offense. Maybe it would also be a good idea to calm down some on the sidelines, slow down just a tad and put a little more thought into calling the best play you can

I have no clue who is calling the plays but it's as predictable as ever.  One deep pass. Is that too much to ask for. Pass it on first down. Mix it up 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I guess Gus realized his job is more important than his pride

FINALLY!!

Just now, Never2Yield said:

FINALLY!!

This is probably the first time this offense has came in with a serious defined gameplan against a P5 team in god knows how long. Obviously improvements are to be made, but if we need Rhett to run the offense while Gus makes the tough decisions to win some games, I'll take it

The O scheme and play calling/coaching/execution in the redzone still sucked out loud.  But I am happy for the win.

wde

24 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

The O scheme and play calling/coaching/execution in the redzone was still sucked out loud.  But I am happy for the win.

First down play calling was pretty terrible as well but in the end it was a victory. Do we know who called the game?

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

First down play calling was pretty terrible as well but in the end it was a victory. Do we know who called the game?

No idea.

5 minutes ago, shabby said:

Gus said in presser that he let CRL call plays.

If Lashley is indeedoing taking the reins I hope he changes up first down calls a bit. I really think not being so predictable on first down would solve many of our non red zone issues on offense. I liked the increase in passing.

people say i hope this and i hope that. yes we get many of you do not like the kid. i am gonna stand up and thank lashlee for the just good enough to win play calling. regardless of what people think.

15 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

It's been splattered all over AU board from Scout to RIvals to SEC Rant to here. Reckon I just got tired of seeing it, whether just discussing he possibility or not.  Frankly, I don't see the possibility after the way Malzahn said all summer and coming into fall that he was done being a CEO type coach and was going to be more hands on with the offense than last season. But hey, Crowe could be like a blind hog rooting up and acorn and have it right. I just doubt it seriously.

I was shocked but I heard CGM say the same thing on the after game radio show

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I guess Gus realized his job is more important than his pride

If an offensive ' guru ' like Gus can't figure out how to call plays... what purpose does he serve ? Seriously, this was suppose to be HIS ship, and he was going to set matters right.  Auburn FAST !! , and all that. :gofig: 

What's his deal ? Why is he seemingly blanking it up now ? 

Folks been calling for RL to act like the OC and when he's asked to do the job, it's viewed as scapegoating?   Just can't please everyone of course.  

Seems to me that Gus should be attentive to the entire game plan and not just the offense..and I've got no problem with RL making the calls and I would expect that the basic game plan would be developed by Gus the week before the game.  

Anyway, that job must not be too difficult because we have at least a dozen play calling experts on this forum alone and most have never even coached at the college level and yet tell us they are capable of making better decisions than the professional coaches. :dunno:

Our seats are right behind the Auburn bench and it was a very different dynamic from previous games. Normally, Gus and RL are discussing each play and then making the call. During this game RL was in the offensive huddle before they took the field most of the time and Gus was several yards away.  Also, RL seemed to be making all the calls by himself, The plays did seems to be getting into the game more efficiently! 

Archived