LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

Let's flush the turds out of the punchbowl and celebrate! An awesome night for AU football!. A sharp blast of light in the darkness. 

I am totally spent! What a game! Congratulations to all involved! Great to see the young men get at least one big celebration for all of their hard work! I lost my mind for a moment at the end of this one after keeping it together during a great nailbiter!

WDE! Everyone! Even to the douche bags and trolls, lol. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

True but some fundamental mistakes by the AU players made the game much closer than it should be. Coaches get blamed for calling bad plays when the players fail to execute......not sure about the logic of that.    

And LSU was ranked in the top 20 so it was not like we were playing some FCS team.

You saw that too. Our oline is getting their A$$ whipped. 

When people were saying "we need to beat at least one of the big three" I thought that was impossible. I thought the Corndogs were going to be as good as UAT this year. Cherish this, folks. LSU is not a team we've had good luck with in the past 10 years. WAR DAMN EAGLE! :hellyeah::bananadance::wareagle:

On a side note, Barrett Sallee at BR is probably full of himself right now. He predicted LSU to be the league's biggest disappointment, and perfectly predicted our September.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2645976-sec-football-optimistic-pessimistic-and-realistic-predictions-for-every-team/page/4

1 hour ago, cammycam2 said:

*steps up* do you think we just beat a good lsu team? Our defense played great but our offense is absolute garbage. The OL looks confused against anyone that shows any sign of ability to pass rush. I will say it again, just to spite YOU for calling me out. We did not deserve to win that game. Our coaches didnt deserve to get a win there. Our players deserve it, if for no other reason than that they have had to endure gus's crap for too long. we won. And im glad for it. But if you think this game changes anything, then there is no hope for you

Miles just happened to be the more inept coach.

Our luck today

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Could that be coaching?  Ironically comes full circle. Losing Grimes hurt 1000x worse than losing Craig

Possibly. I do feel there are play calls to help. We simply don't call them.

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Could that be coaching?  Ironically comes full circle. Losing Grimes hurt 1000x worse than losing Craig

I think it hurt but i also think we need to shift some guys around. I doubt that happens at this point but i think some guys on the line would be more ideal at a different spot or trying out 1 or 2 new guys. There are times where they look pretty good; it's just pretty inconsistent. Hopefully this win will help them big time. 

1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

Anyone see the coaches shake after the game? I was curious if Craig and CGM spoke. 

I was glad to see CDC on their sidelines.

I think we upgraded at the coaching position.

Recruiting still to see.

1 hour ago, WeagleAU said:

Was it any more obvious that the EPSN announcer was pulling for LSU?  Lol.  He actually was saying that they got the ball off.  Talking about bias.  Good job ESPN, at least youre consistently bias.

Did you see his tie? Loyalties were obvious. Noting new, though. I'm sure ol Booger will be talking about how LSU should have won on SEC Network tonight, too.

Well I just saw elsewhere that the SEC officials will state tomorrow that it should have been a ten second runoff. The rule says if it happens as a dead ball foul and the clock is stopped then no runoff. But once the clock starts and runs, then if it is stopped to take the penalty then it does fall under the 10 second run off. The rule is made so as to "not" stop the clock.The clock was stopped to assess the penalty. Don't know if that is fact but the person said they had talked to the SEC. TIFWIW. WDE

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Well I just saw elsewhere that the SEC officials will state tomorrow that it should have been a ten second runoff. The rule says if it happens as a dead ball foul and the clock is stopped then no runoff. But once the clock starts and runs, then if it is stopped to take the penalty then it does fall under the 10 second run off. The rule is made so as to "not" stop the clock.The clock was stopped to assess the penalty. Don't know if that is fact but the person said they had talked to the SEC. TIFWIW. WDE

seems strange that that rule could apply when there are 10 seconds or less left in the game. 

Would the same have applied if there had been 9 seconds left on the clock? Because that would have been enough time. I don't believe that a 1 second set-to-snap time would be possible, either way, but if they had 9 seconds, that's plenty of time and a 10 second run off would kill that. Maybe I'm understanding the rule in correctly 

9 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

On the espn scoreboard show Mark May said the over turning of the TD was the correct call.

Lol..it was the only call. The clock was all zeroes. WDE. 

It should have been a 10 second runoff. Once again, the refs blew it. No offense, WT...I hate refs.  There are some good ones for sure, but there are more than their fair share of corrupt, hometown, biased, blind refs that try and insert themselves into the game when they should only be there to keep it fair.

I had a few choice word for a couple Friday night after an blatant PI that landed 15 yards out of bounds...clearly uncatchable, but gave them a free play on the one. Some just feel the need to be apart of the game when there job is to stay as far out of the game as possible. 

Archived