LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

2 minutes ago, PDub said:

It's not always easy to be an Auburn fan, but it sure is fun. 

WDE!!

^ THIS!! +10000000000000000000

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Can all the "Fire Malzahn now!" crowd at the end of the game thread please step up and retract? It wasn't a high powered offensive game by either team. What it reminded me of really was old school football with an old school AU defense, and personally, I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!  (Well, I loved it after LSU's bogus score at the end was reversed.)

Gus still sucks as an O genius and a HC.  Super happy for the win though.  Les gets fired.

wde

2 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

Why no 10 seconds no runoff?

Someone that understands that rule better than me will hopefully chime in, 'cause listening to the broadcast I sure as heck thought the game was over right then.

2 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Can all the "Fire Malzahn now!" crowd at the end of the game thread please step up and retract? It wasn't a high powered offensive game by either team. What it reminded me of really was old school football with an old school AU defense, and personally, I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!  (Well, I loved it after LSU's bogus score at the end was reversed.)

This still doesn't settle anything. I'm just glad we have a good defense that can step up and carry us to a win. I'm very happy for the win for sure but it only tables the discussion for a little while. All the credit in the world to players how the gutted this game out and won.

2 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

Why no 10 seconds no runoff?

This and I think that not only did they not get the snap off before the clock hit 0.... but upon review, there maybe should also HAVE been a 10 second runoff.

I'll take a win anytime. A win against LSU is even sweeter. And the cherry on top is the SEC win at home. Its been a long time. I sure wish I could of been there with y'all. I was sure yelling!

Not that it really means anything but we actually did get Arden Key to go a little bit extra outside of the pocket with 7 mins left in the 2nd quarter thanks to a Statue of Liberty fake

Just now, Tiger41 said:

I wish we would have contacted Coach Steele a few years back.....

Recall how many folks were none too pleased when the hire was made?  Gotta say, I'm glad he's here.  The D isn't perfect but man, they are playing hard and swarming to the ball better than I have seen in a while.

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I want Malzahn fired more than ever. i love our players. They fought their asses off to deliver a win despite the inept coaching. LSU is lousy. We have a quarterback that can win and the best defense in ages. We would have stomped LSU with just average coaching.

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

*steps up* do you think we just beat a good lsu team? Our defense played great but our offense is absolute garbage. The OL looks confused against anyone that shows any sign of ability to pass rush. I will say it again, just to spite YOU for calling me out. We did not deserve to win that game. Our coaches didnt deserve to get a win there. Our players deserve it, if for no other reason than that they have had to endure gus's crap for too long. we won. And im glad for it. But if you think this game changes anything, then there is no hope for you

1 minute ago, madkat7 said:

What the hell just happened? 

What happened was our AU Tigers did not get shafted out of a win for a change. Too much video evidence. ;D

3 minutes ago, Tiger41 said:

I wish we would have contacted Coach Steele a few years back.....

But I think Muschamp deserves some credit for setting up the foundation. 

1 minute ago, cammycam2 said:

*steps up* do you think we just beat a good lsu team? Our defense played great but our offense is absolute garbage. The OL looks confused against anyone that shows any sign of ability to pass rush. I will say it again, just to spite YOU for calling me out. We did not deserve to win that game. Our coaches didnt deserve to get a win there. Our players deserve it, if for no other reason than that they have had to endure gus's crap for too long. we won. And im glad for it. But if you think this game changes anything, then there is no hope for you

What I think is that you may well have been happier if our Tigers had lost.

IMO the ball wasn't snapped in time. I'll take the win for sure but that was just crazy. Love....LOVE our defense and Carlson is a flat out stud! To know that you're going to be the one that likely helps decide the game in a big way that just shows just how cool and calm Carlson is. To ask a kicker to come through that many times it's just amazing! 

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Recall how many folks were none too pleased when the hire was made?  Gotta say, I'm glad he's here.  The D isn't perfect but man, they are playing hard and swarming to the ball better than I have seen in a while.

I will be the first to eat that crow. A big ole bowl of it. I am happy as a lark with how he has those boys playing! They are playing defense like we haven't in a decade.

Man if we could do this against LSU, we should be able to beat ULM and Miss State. We beat those 2, a bowl season is almost guaranteed.

Now we're supposed to be a little better than 6-6, but I rather Gus at least get sent off with a decent season. And if we do even better than 6-6 and Gus keeps his job? even better 

Archived